Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toddamus, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jalen Hurts is horrible. All the time in the world, multiple receivers open, and he just bombs over and over. I actually felt kind of embarrassed for him.

So satisfying to see Alabama lose though. I bet the committee still finds a way to push them into the playoffs.

Now, here's hoping Wisconsin doesn't fuck up against Ohio St...

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

People are so ridiculous.

I'm not sure Schiano was anything to get excited about, but it wasn't a bad hire for what is essentially a mediocre program. I can't see any decent coach options going into that cluster fuck now. Gotta give credit to the media and local politicians for also getting in on the stupid. Apparently if one person makes a single unsubstantiated claim, without evidence, and even the claim was based on hearsay to begin with they should be eternally shunned and scorned.

/modern college logic.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Vols out here making the Browns look smart.

4. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Browns owner is Tennesse's biggest booster, so this still makes the Browns look bad. I hate that man.

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I feel so conflicted about Wisconsin. On one hand they're a rival and they're Wisconsin, and fuck Wisconsin. But on the other hand if they get left out of the playoff (assuming they win the Big 10) part of me will feel slighted that the conference got snubbed.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not saying the big ten is the best conference. They're certainly not, but if Wisconsin goes undefeated, and they've dominated all of their games, and still gets left out of the playoffs, that would break a new record for NCAA incompetence. Especially considering Alabama was quite handedly beaten by Auburn, and struggled two weeks earlier. The Auburn game didn't look like a fluke loss by any stretch.

It's pretty fucking pathetic that that is even getting discussed. First, they have to beat Ohio St though. I think they're the better team, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose something like 20-17.

7. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they win the Big 10, how would they get left out? They're in the 4 now. If the top 4 win this Saturday, all are in the CFP, the end.

9. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Now, now, now...don't be a hater. I sincerely believe that Baker has a better head on his shoulders than the douchebag Manziel. I guess we'll see but I'd bet on it.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

You do realize how low of a bar that is to clear, right?

Baker is just immature, and who among us wasn't at that age? NFL franchises now expect their QBs to come out of college having mastered quantum physics, be married with 2.5 kids and a dog, act like the Dali Lama and look like an extra on Baywatch.

Baker has college QB star talent, and that's good enough for where he is right now. I imagine he'll make a good backup QB in the NFL, just based on his play and physical abilities. Hard to bash the kid when he's still just a kid.

At least he's entertaining though.

11. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been an Alabama fan for over 25 years. I've said all season I don't think they are nearly as good as they are rated, and I am not a Jalen Hurts fan at all. He would be a good running back, but he's just an awful QB. If he doesn't have a super easy throw, he tucks and runs. If there's a read option, he always calls his own number. He needs to understand that he's not the best player on the team like he was in high school - he's at Alafuckingbama, everyone on the team is a stud. The Hawaiian kid waiting behind him is gonna be just as bad. I think it's the offensive coaching staff at this point.

Bottom line, all the injuries on defense doomed the Tide this year, and the offense just plain blows like every year since AJ McCarron left. Nick Saban is a great defensive coach, but man, he doesn't know offense for shit.

If Ohio St wins, 'Bama is in. And honestly, the committee wants Alabama in. They want the 'Bama fan base to tune in, and they want the 'Bama haters to tune in.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The reffing in this SEC championship game is terrible. It's not NFL replacement ref level of bad, but it's close.

If the committee could justify it, the playoffs would be Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, and USC every year.

13. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I've got Ohio St. - Wisconsin on and goddamn Big 10 football is trash. This shit's nearly unwatchable. It's like watching football from the 60s with utterly incompetent passing and unimaginative running. Which Pac 12 team should I adopt?

14. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Ohio State barely beat Wisconsin. I think that puts 'Bama in. Clemson, Georgia, Bama and Oklahoma.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

UCLA. My nephew attends there and the Chip Kelly era is about to start. Get in early.

16. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, you could go the Parker route, which would mean you should be cheering for Clemson at the moment.

17. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Without a doubt it has to be Arizona State. They will break your heart and disappoint you nineteen out of twenty years. But, that once in a decade, they will come within 14 minutes of a national championship before breaking you.

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

That's what I'm leaning toward. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for UCLA.

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Suck it Michigan.