Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by toddamus, Sep 2, 2017.

1. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We have a lot of college football fans on here. Why not keep the endless shittalking out of the WDT and put it here? Its such a dynamic season it deserves its own place.

I'm happy to see CU start the season off with a solid win, we'll see how Michigan does. I'm hoping Bama goes down tonight.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

As long as the aggies go down in flames I will be a happy man.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wel UT losing is a good start right? How can Texas be so bad when they are literally a center of college football recruiting.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I blame it on johnny football. Just because it's fun to blame everything on him.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're going to blame him, you should probably blame the 12th man too, I have a sneaking suspicion they play a role in the Illuminati.

Gig'em Ags!

[​IMG]

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, well Johnny Football is about to be Johnny Canadian Football, if the Hamilton Tiger Cats pull the trigger. They hired Mr Run-and-Shoot himself, June Jones, so you never know.

7. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shame that Florida State and Alabama could not have both lost. Past that the SEC has slapped the Mountain
    West down pretty good this weekend. Not the best College Football start for me personally. The best thing is that College Football is back and I can lose my Saturdays again.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm 100% on the same page. I love college football and don't mind one bit laying around and watching it all day. Actually makes me pretty dam content.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good, Lord, Ga Tech should've spent one scholarship on a kicker.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same with Oregon. They were national contenders year in year out and now they've become a complete joke. Not to mention they spend way more on their programs compared to schools that have been wiping the floor with them recently. It's like they put all their recruiting efforts into offensive skills positions and forgot you have to play defense too.

I'm surprised to see the big ten has 4 top ten teams. Is that really merited? And Ohio St all the way up to #2?

At a glance and considering how they did last weekend looks like Alabama definitely deserves the #1 spot. Big surprise there... those poor fans.

11. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went to the VT-WVU game this past Sunday and once again I ask myself why I willingly go to any game at FedEx. It's a shitty stadium and then add you can't start tailgating until four hours before game time which turns traffic into a clusterfuck around the stadium and by the time you factor in setup & teardown, you're left with about ninety minutes of quality tailgating at best. Oh also factor in the Metro won't run later for a night game, so if you take that to the game you had to leave at the start of the 4th.

Redshirt freshman QB Jackson looked poised but his timing with the receivers was a bit off. A lot of balls at their feet and the no. 1 receiver Phillips had to make a hell of a leap for one ball and if he hadn't been so open the TD he scored never would've happened; he had to nearly stop his route to wait for the ball. After last season and the WVU game, I can't figure out if our RB's are just not that great or if a Fuente coached offense just means the QB will be the leading rusher with how much the ball's spread around between the other backs.

The D looked good, but gave up way too many yards. I'm hoping that was just early season rust against in an opener against a non-cupcake opponent and that VT has always struggled playing at FedEx.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What. The. Fuck?

Does anybody else have Dish Network? Every couple minutes this stupid "press select to find your game" popup comes on screen.

Hey, you know, I didn't want to see that blocked field goal anyway. Who thought that was a good idea?

Fuck.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp, saw that coming.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why the fuck is Ohio St ranked 3rd and Oklahoma ranked 8th when they both have 1 loss and Oklahoma beat them by 14 points? With Clemson and Notre Dame that actually is quite relevant too because Oklahoma might get shafted as bad as Penn St did last year.

This is why I hardly watch college football anymore. The NCAA is a joke.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wha-?! Georgia and Notre Dame get their asses handed to them on the same day? Is this Christmas, already?

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure feels like it Rush. The only thing that could have made it better is if Alabama had fallen also.

17. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So Baker Mayfield doesn't get to start in our game on Saturday. I guess that'll teach him to not react when he's dealing with some complete and utter bullshit the entire game...

18. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Baker Mayfield is a cocky jackass who's going to have rough rookie year in the NFL. NFL Defensive players love beating the shit out of guys like him, so he might as well get used to it now.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He and Johnny Football can have a special club of NeverMadeIts.

20. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed