Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017-04-07 WDT (NSFW)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Apr 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Dude youre a fucking mess.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    On the bright side, owls don't carry rabies so no painful follow up shots.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Buddy, maybe its time to start wearing a helmet. You posted that same story here in this thread last night.

Seriously, maybe its time to start thinking of your family. You don't want them to have to care for you do you? Like eventually thats how life goes, but maybe its time to start being a bit more cautious.

4. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's back in the sauce, remember?

5. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I think this is probably as close to an intervention as TiB will ever come.

Jokes aside, get help man. Yes, you had a brain tumor. But this concept of "borrowed time" is a fallacy and isn't going to be much comfort when your wife is spoon feeding jello to her husband and her children at the same time. Think of someone else for a minute, for Christ's sake.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This must be what it is like when you have to talk to your parents about selling their home and moving to retirement condo where they don't have to take care of the yard.

Seriously, stop being a retard. Unless you want your kids to grow up without a dad. If that is the case carry on. I'm sure they would love to come visit you in the nursing home once a month.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Once in a while. I had a celebratory glass of champagne when I got the first owl. A six pack lasts me a week. Didn't remember I posted that previously in the thread, because, head vs. tree.

Just tripped in the yard and hit a tree, that was pretty much it. Concussions generally come in pairs (or more) because once you get one, while your brain recovers, you are more susceptible to more. Under different circumstances hitting my head on that tree would have just left a little mark and a funny story.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know my twin had a brain tumor, and 5 brain surgeries all in all. My dad and I are so paranoid about him getting a concussion. Anything that might put him in a situation where he might hit his head makes us nervous. For example, we were very weary of him playing hockey again. First time he stepped back on the ice I was there, basically evaluating him. Once I became comfortable he could protect himself, we let him go to pick up, I was there again, evaluating him seeing if he was able to protect himself. We also made him promise he wouldn't go into the corners or into the boards.

Brain surgery isn't cheap and your brain is your most important organ. Best to respect and protect the investment, and best to think about your family. Unless you were blackout drunk, posting nearly the same story two times within 18 hours is a symptom, and a symptom that maybe you should take this a bit more seriously.

But its not up to us to convince you to take care of yourself.

I want to imagine your son can grow up with a father who remembers his birthday, he remembers little day-to-day things that'll make him smile.

I remember working at the golf course, I was exceptionally paranoid about hitting my head on tree branches because of my concussion history. I hated weed whacking and having to get under trees because I knew I was at risk for a solid knock.

Most other injuries don't bother or scare me, concussions do.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And in the interest if cultural diversity and respect for Passover,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.