Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2016-17 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 3, 2016.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Discuss all things NCAA Football. Bonus: Hate on Gary and Verne because they suck.

2. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This weekend has some really good games and some total shit. Thus far, #15 Houston upset #3 Oklahoma, and Wisconsin is knocking the Heisman glow off Fournette and LSU.

Me, well I'm waiting for the Bama-USC game. I've been a Bama fan for damn near 25 years and I hate being ranked #1 early in the season. There is no game Bama can't lose.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whenever they do the opening, I always think, "OK, this HAS to be the year that Verne has a heart attack in the booth."

4. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is a big game for the Longhorns and Coach Strong. There is growing sentiment among the big boosters that -- while he's done a great job so far fixing the culture and roster -- he may not be the Man for UT. It doesn't help that Tom Herman is doing such great things up the road in Houston. If Strong wants to quiet the doubters, tonight has to be the night to start, fair or not.

Regardless, Hook 'Em!!

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no doubt that I'm alone on this board, but I root for Rutgers. My best friend, my brother-in-law, and the mother of my child, among others, went there. I went to a Division III school.

Sweet Jesus they suck. Ash can hard nose it all he wants, this year will be brutal. Again.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fournette can't do it by himself, and that hard headed asshat running the show is just bound and determined to play Woody Hayes style football.

We heard so much in the off-season about changing up the offense, Brandon Harris developing and maturing as a quarterback.

And then you got to see that shit show Saturday afternoon.

I'm not taking anything away from Wisconsin, they earned and deserved that win, even if LSU had somehow managed to steal it with a last second field goal.

All those 4 star and 5 star recruits... wasted.

8. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How the FUCK LSU continues to go year to year without a competent QB is beyond me. How you can't get a guy to go down there and lead their continued contingent of top notch WRs and big time RBs is beyond me. They've missed out on, at least a couple, championships because of their lack of QB. It's mind boggling.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will address this. Probably LSU has nothing to contribute to the improvement of a QB. All he would be asked to do is hand off a ball or throw crossing routes to your top notch Wide Receivers and Running Backs. If he goes to a lessor program then he has the chance to be the big man and showcase his skills to the NFL. You think that players want to all go someplace and win. Think of College Football as a trade school.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would assume it has more to do with identifying and recruiting a good quarterback being a lot harder to do. A gifted athlete who is at least semi-coachable will usually turn out to be at least an average receiver or running back. Quarterbacks have a much higher chance of failing. Schools like USC or Michigan that always seemed to have a good QB did it by having 4-5 highly touted recruits on the roster so that one or two could pan out.

11. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a jackass.

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to the Colorado-Michigan game. As a CU alum, I'm hoping the game is at least close. I also grew up in Ann Arbor and am a Michigan fan first. So I'm just hoping for a close game with maybe CU pulling the upset.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Louisville absolutely dismantled #2 FSU. Total ass whipping. 63 to 17 in the 4th quarter.

Bama - Ole Miss on now, should be a great game.

14. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Looks like LSU should just stop recruiting them as freshmen and just go with JUCO or graduate transfers.

And learn to score in the second half.

Edited to add: Oh my God, can we just fire Les Miles now? Jesus tap- dancing Christ, all that 4 star and 5 star talent and we can't win a game because of piss poor clock management AGAIN!

#14 sharkhead nachos, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  15. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got back from watching Fresno State lose to Tulsa 47-41 in overtime. The Bulldogs jumped out to a 28-0 lead in the first half before forgetting how to play defense. Tulsa kept coming back until they tied it at 41 with a minute left. I am disappointed in the loss, but wow what a wonderful exciting game to have watched. Just reminded me of how great College football can be.

16. sharkhead nachos

sharkhead nachos
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And, looks like I got my wish.

Now, if only we could lure Jimbo Fisher away from FSU.

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Well the Gophers shit the bed, to the surprise of absolutely no one. I don't see how anyone can stand following this program; it will never amount to anything. It's like following the Timberwolves, only if the Wolves were never allowed to draft higher than 14th. Just no possible way to ever become relevant.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If there was any doubt Alabama was the team to beat that should remove it.

Lamar Jackson is going to run away with Heisman. I've been pretty sure about this since week 3, now there's no question. Watson is considered to be in 2nd and he isn't even close.

I am so fucking happy the big ten is relevant again. They've really turned it around in the last 4 years. You could easily argue that they're the best conference in college football right now.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, college football. What a day!

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2, 3, and 4 all go down on the same day. Crazy shit.