Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear NFL.com,

Why does this happen?

upload_2015-11-6_8-16-49.png

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Andy dalton has the coolest hair ever. That is all.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When they showed him without a helmet or a hat the one time and he still looked like he just came from being freshly styled, all I could think was that he must be using one of these:
    [​IMG]

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This has been the story with Green Bay for years. Not a bad defense on paper. No wait, great defense on paper. But holy shit do they fold in the big games. I don't want to even see a great defense, just a consistent one. Remember when the cardinals put up 45 in regulation in the playoffs? Top 3 defense that year. On paper.

Not like the offense played well enough to win today anyway. The offensive line isn't as bad as it's been, but they need to learn to adjust to the defense rather than just blindly sticking to their assignment.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

There's no SLEEPING in FOOTBALL!!

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is after blatant cheap shots from a defense who is headed up by the ringleader of BountyGate. They went for Bridgewater's knees earlier in the game. I'm no Vikings fan, as a Bears fan I root for them to lose most games, but the Rams D was playing like assholes most of the game.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They've focused on changes to the front of the helmet to absorb blows better, and tried to restrict leading with the crown or other helmet to helmet contact. It's interesting that the defender didn't make contact with Bridgewater's helmet at all. He didn't even hit him with his helmet or shoulder pads. That was just the ol' back of head abrupt stop on the turf.
    bridge.gif

8. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you miss the part where his arm/elbow hits his head and slams it into the turf?

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to mention if you watch the full video, the DB changes directions to hit Bridgewater after his slide began, completely negating any "just going with momentum from before the slide" BS they might claim.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you, uh, not watch the very GIF that you posted?

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess we are seeing different things. It looks to me like he leads with his forearm, hits Bridgewater hard across the ball, and smashes Bridgewaters hands and the ball across his chest, and the force of the blow knocks Bridgewater back into the turf. Yes, I watched it quite a few times, which is why I posted the comment. It looks to me like Joiner's forearm / elbow never actually makes contact with Bridgewater's helmet, and the force of the helmet into the turf - not the forearm shot - is what knocks Bridgewater out. Joiner's hit clearly caused the head smash into the turf. I just thought it was interesting that it looks, to me, like he didn't actually hit him in the helmet directly.

And, even if I'm seeing it wrong, and as Zach said, "his arm/elbow hits his head and slams it into the turf," my point was, it's not that blow that knocks Bridgewater out, it's the head into the turf. Meaning, the back of the helmet, not where Joiner hits him. Bridgewater's facemask is pointed right at Joiner's shoulder, so if his arm is hitting Bridgewater's head, it's up under his chin or into the facemask.
    upload_2015-11-10_9-25-30.png

12. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you go back to the gif you posted you can see his head accelerate into the ground after the arm impacts his head.
    You seem to be differentiating an impact to the facemask from the helmet. Since the facemask is generally considered a part of the helmet you can probably understand everyone's confusion at your assertion that he never got hit in the helmet

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His tricep area very clearly hit him in the face mask. Dirty hit.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand this differentiation between the hit backwards and the head slamming into the turf. It doesn't matter whether he passed out on impact with the arm or with the turf. The hit to the head caused it. Period. And there is not a single shred of question about Joiner hitting the front of his helmet, just watch the very GIF you posted. He's sliding down and his body is proceeding in a very even, straight line, and when Joiner arrives his head (and not his shoulders) suddenly accelerates backwards. What do you think caused that?

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mr Joyner, its very exciting having our first pro athlete on this board. Would you be willing to do a TiB AMA about being a professional football player within our ranks?

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't trying to say Joyner didn't hit Bridgewater, or that when he was clearly sliding, Joyner shouldn't have been penalized. The only observation I was trying to make, was that the NFL has very clearly made rule changes and emphasis on preventing helmet-to-helmet contact, and defenders leading with the crown of their helmet. Helmet manufacturers have come up with several new designs that reduce crown forces and dissipate frontal blows. None of that caused Bridgewater to be knocked out, is what I was trying to point out. Absolutely, his head suddenly accelerates backwards, and that was caused by Joyner's hit. But, it's the back of the head hitting the turf that does the damage, imo.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Interesting fact
    [​IMG]

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw that shit on FB, posted by a Giants fan. I fucking hate it. But...since it took me 10 long seconds to figure out the Cheetah, I had to laugh at it.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pucker up those lips champ.