Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This MNF game is is in San Diego but there are so many Steelers fans it's practically a home game for them. I had to do a triple take because the crowd noise is pretty much all for Pittsburgh.

Also, why doesn't Rivers get shit for acting like a little bitch? He just threw a horrible pick-6 and after the play yanked off his helmet and started screaming at the sidelines. He looked exactly like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum because his parent wouldn't buy him a toy.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet the Chargers and its painful having to root for Rivers. He's such an assface and that was a horrible throw on that pick-6. SD has had some awful play-calling as well. Really predictable except when they are exploiting a terrible Pitt secondary.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because blah blah Rivers has like 10 kids, blah blah Rivers doesn't swear, blah blah Rivers is a good guy, blah blah, he's just passionate, blah blah. That's why. That game was painful to watch the few times I checked in on it. ESPN rides so hard for the NFL but I swear to god 75% of the MNF games are hot garbage.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't that pretty much a daily occurrence in Texas? I was under the impression that it's perfectly legal to shoot another man in that state just for looking at you funny.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

The Nantz-Sims team has to be the most useless broadcasting team in all of sports. They literally have nothing insightful to say, ever. Nor are they entertaining in the slightest. And Sims' fake twang gets on my nerves. They bring nothing whatsoever to the table, but still manage to take things off the table.

#87 Trakiel, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking hell, if I see one more Draft Kings or Fan Duel commercial, I'm going to stop watching football. I'm switching back and forth and have two TVs set up to watch college, NFL and MLB. There are only five commercials: Lexus, Viagara, some hair removal thing (?), and Draft Kings & Fan Duel. Over and over, often twice in the same break.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I am in shock. The Saints beat the Falcons. Maybe there is something special about that place. BD crushing hard on his BF Drew right about now.

I will admit, when they did the pregame and spotlighted on Steve Gleason, I teared up. What a terrible disease he's been stricken with yet, there he was smiling.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jim Nantz is a fantastic golf announcer...end transmission.. How he is on a lead team for both NFL and NCAA Basketball is absolutely baffling to me. No emotion, no excitement, no insight. Just blah. And Simms is a fucking joke. JEEEEEMMM. They suck almost as much as the Thursday games do

11. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe how weak Manning's arm is. He's having to wind up for routine 10 yard throws.

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not just his lack of arm power; he has almost zero accuracy. When he hit Sanders in stride to go up 23-20, I was legitimately surprised. He over/underthrows his receivers so much that I really do think they'd be better off with Brock Osweiler at this point.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What in the everliving fuck has happened in the last five minutes?

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't for the life of me figure out what that one Indy play was where only one lineman was there. They have to know that's an auto-sack, right? Was he supposed to call a timeout after they didn't jump and screwed it up?

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it was designed to see what kind of look the defense gave and only to be snapped if NE did something stupid. It was clearly not supposed to get snapped with 2 guys over center.

I laughed pretty hard, though. This was the best image I saw posted on the topic:

[​IMG]

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At one point, I was flipping back and forth between the Denver game and the Carolina game. During one flip, I watched Peyton flutter one to the receiver's feet, hit recall and watched Cam Newton put a laser beam through a receiver's chest. I thought, "holy shit. Can you imagine what it would be like if Peyton had Cam's arm?" Or, if Cam had Peyton's ability to read defenses and make quick decisions?"

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet this is how the Romans felt, watching Nero play the fiddle while the city burned down around him.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I definitely think the Indy center had to snap the ball "by accident" that guy had no idea the ball hit his hands for 2 seconds. Also if you're going to dick around on that trick play, wouldn't you at least know everyone has to be on the line of scrimmage to pull that bullshit?

Now that wasn't a revenge game or hate fuck game, but it was damn good. Think of the career Blount could have had if he was always on the Patriots and wasn't a retard.

Also, can we talk about Jamie Collins just fucking hurdling the offensive line, clearing it 100%, blocking the field goal and doing it 100% clean? I'm still waiting for the flag, because there's no way that is humanly possible/legal. He timed that perfectly.

#98 Parker, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate the Patriots, but Jamie Collins is a beast. How does Overton let that happen? That failure was worse than Whalen's snap. If he can't see Collins coming, one of the guards HAS to be able to signal, "hey, dude, wait one beat." Collins timed the first hurdle perfectly and could have easily been caught offsides.

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the accuracy problem is tied directly to the arm strength problem.

With a weaker arm, he's compensating by changing his throwing motion and likely also by trying to throw harder. Like a golf swing or a lot of movements, strength is important but only if it gets applied the right way - if you just try to throw the ball as far as you can, your accuracy goes down the tubes.