Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Oh football.

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you kidding me? Kelly is an offensive genius! He is on his way to leading the team to as many Super Bowl wins as that defensive genius, Buddy Ryan.

I was at Veterans Stadium back in '93 or '94, and they were honoring Dick Vermeil. Who also led them to 0 Super Bowl wins. You would think he was a god the way they were all going nuts.

And I was there to see them play the Giants, wearing a Giants sweatshirt, hat, etc. I guess they only assault you if you're a robot or Santa Claus.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's either the padded room or on the field, but he's dying. I have no idea what the fuck that post was up there from Kam, but I'm guessing a paycheck lower than what you wanted is WAY better than no pay check at all.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SQUISH THE FISH.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The Packers have not seen a 3-0 start since 2011. I know I'm a homer and all but, god damn they look good so far (with the exception of losing receivers).

The SO had KC. He would have had to sleep in his truck last night if things had gone the other way.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Bears have quit the 2015-2016 football season. It is the right thing to do. Pack it up and go for the number 1 pick.

7. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The defense is looking extra salty. They got some athletic DUDES around now who can finally make some plays. Clinton-Dix and Randall especially have brought back a bit of a swagger to the secondary that's been missing since Woodson left. Great start to the year.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

As long as we're talking about the NFC North, if my team can beat the Broncos on Sunday I may start to believe that they're capable of doing something this year.

Bridgewater has to seriously step up his game, though.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was good seeing Adrian Peterson doing AP things again. He's not on my fantasy teams or even my real teams, but that guy is great and it's good to be able to watch greatness when you can. Just hope he responsibly spanks his children going forward.

10. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wilson goes from playground to the pocket, back to back. I still can't believe this team has a franchise QB.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Seattle is so fucked with their offensive line. Christ those guys are pitiful.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Seriously, as it stands right now, watching the Seahawks reminds me a lot of being a Mariners fan in the late 90's.

They had an offense that could destroy you with Griffey, Edgar Martinez, Buhner, young ARod, Russ Davis, Sorrento...those guys could fuck you up. The difference between the two teams is it's the Seahawks defense that can dominate you, not the offense.

The M's had one real weapon on defense, Randy Johnson.

Russell Wilson is pretty much single-handedly carrying the Seahawks offense.

Being one sided didn't work out for the 90's Mariners and unless something changes drastically with the Seahawks' O-line, I don't see a good outcome this year..

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Calvin Johnson is attempting to unswallow his tongue.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

When is a win not a win?

When the refs don't know the rules.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So now it's BatGate. And yes, referees SHOULD memorize every single rule in the playbook because that's their job.

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The officiating this year seems to be terrible.

The penalties are out of control, first off. Some of these games are borderline-unwatchable thanks to play stopping after every snap to call some ticky-tack bullshit penalty. How about we focus on the player safety penalties and stop throwing a flag every time one player touches another player who isn't actively carrying the ball?

Second, the whole non-reviewable-judgement-call thing is stupid. There's already a higher level of proof required on replay, which is why they have the distinction between the call stands and the call is confirmed. The call on the field is assumed to be the right call unless there's very clear evidence otherwise. Why can this not be applied to judgement calls? You take that higher standard of proof required on replay that we have already and apply it to subjective calls - a lot of pass interference or holding calls would still "stand" and there aren't unlimited challenges anyway.

The ball was very clearly and deliberately batted - either the ref didn't know or didn't call it that way, but a review would easily have seen it. This just seems like a stupid way to throw a game away. Of course, the irony is we're on pace for a historic number of penalties in a season (I think the league already has the most in a decade) and yet when a flag was needed it was nowhere to be found.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

if you watch the replay, the ref motions to grab the flag, freezes, and I think says in his own mind "Fuck it, it's just the Lions". No ref in the history of anything had a better view of something than that play. These guys can see face masks in a pile of genetic freaks, how does even Ray Charles miss this:

image.jpg

Incompetence.

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it was less a matter of not seeing it and more assessing that there weren't any Lions within 10-15 yards of him and it was a Seahawks recovery or the ball was going to keep bouncing out of bounds. Like a holding call that occurs 10-15 yards from the play. A penalty by the rule book, but deemed inconsequential to the outcome of the play. I know this determined possession, blah blah, but the only way the Lions gain possession is by falling on the ball in the end zone, not by it going out on its own or anything of that nature. It was stupid by Wright, to be sure, but in all reality, the outcome of the play would have happened regardless. And I'm the farthest thing from a Seattle fan or homer. Leave those for JJ

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Seattle squeaked one out last night. It was an ugly game on both sides of the ball. Then you pile on the inability of the fucking officials, what a terrible game. When Wilson has 10-15 seconds to run his ass off in circles looking for an open receiver and there is no hold called, something is wrong. Especially when their Oline is junk compared to their defense.

One game is a fucking flagfest and another doesn't get one single flag thrown until well into the second quarter? What?? I miss Ed Hochuli. Never thought I'd say that.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ed Hochili is still in the game, what do you mean you miss him? Those arms and extremely long explanations don't quit!