Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Australia's top rugby player leaves the game to come play ball with the big boys, immediately drops his first punt return.

And as I'm typing this, bridgewater got sacked by running into his own player.

Yackety Sax is the new MNF theme song.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the goddamned sloppiest game I've ever seen that didn't involve the Raiders

3. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haters going to hate, but I kinda like the look of these 49ers. There is still some talent on the squad and they look like they have a bit of chip on their shoulders. Plus, they are currently tied for first place in the NFC West. Something the Seattle Seahawks cannot claim.

4. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Seahawks also can't claim starting a linebacker charged with sexual battery either. Congratulations, 49ers. You've out Raidered the Raiders.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

People were all doom and gloom on the 9ers, but they looked solid in the second half. My fellow Vikings fans will say that we threw that game away, but I think we just got out played and out coached. Apparently Zimmer forgot that we have Adrian fucking Peterson. If his first few runs aren't as good as you like, you don't give up on him, you let him keep going. Because he's Adrian fucking Peterson.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the other problem is AP isn't used to running out of the shotgun or spread formation, so he was less effective without that head of steam. I think when he was ineffective as a result, Zimmer panicked a bit and went away from the run.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't remember how many times Chris "Annoying as fuck" Berman mentioned AP being in the "classic 7 yards back position".

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This. I don't understand the stupidity of running those option plays; everybody knows Bridgewater isn't a runner and was safe to ignore him. So instead you had AP right at the line of scrimmage trying to accelerate from a near dead stop with no lead blocker in a play that wasn't going to fool anyone. Last night's offensive game plan certainly called into question Turner's reputation of an 'offensive genius'.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 49ers will have the same problem as the other teams in the NFC west. It's certainly too early to say definitively, but it looks to be far and away the best division in the league. All four teams are playoff caliber and 3 out of the 4 are legit super bowl contenders.

The packers looked ok, but are still showing some major problems on defense. I hope they can address some of these gaping holes in the run D.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

*Hard blink* Are you calling the Cardinals and the fucking Rams legit super bowl contenders? And the Niners playoff caliber cause they beat an overrated Vikings team? The Cardinals are at best the 4th best team in the NFC, 5th depending on how you feel about Philly. And the Rams at best are chilling with the Lions, Saints, and Falcons in that fringe playoff realm. I think the Niners and Rams are still projected to win 7 and 8 games at most, respectively. You're overselling it a bit. Especially with the boost from how bad the rest of the NFC is.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not the rams, but the cardinals I would call a potential contender. One of the best defenses in the league. Palmer has been playing great lately and has Fitzgerald to throw to. Solid running game with Ellington and Johnson. There's a lot to like there. They're an outside shot like any team that's 2nd or 3rd best in their division, but it's certainly not out of the question. The rams have been steadily making improvement. They're better than their record the last two years would suggest - again, super hard division. You're putting them in the company of the lions who were a playoff team last year (and admittedly probably won't be this year). Having Foles should help the rams' offense, which did need a lot of help. I suppose too I've always been a believer in Fisher, despite his up and down career.

And I don't think the rest of the NFC is downright terrible. GB and Dallas are still legit, but for the most part the middling teams in the AFC are probably a notch up.

12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You mean funeral right?

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Or mutiny. Whatever gets him out.

It's exceedingly difficult to live in Texas and hate both the Cowboys and the JJ Watts. And I think Jerry will give up the ghost long before announcers gets Watts nuts out of their mouths.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Johnny Manziel came out and did not look like a failure. HE'S BACK BABY! That boy can throw the deepball. He's out there sober as fuck, throwing balls like he's in the backyard!

And my fucking god, I love nothing more than a Rex Ryan press conference after losing to the Patriots. Just the dejected feeling that his soul feels comes through to his new not so fat face. It's just gold. And then there is also this.
    [​IMG]

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Chip Kelly is a fucking idiot. He'll be lucky if the fans don't riot and light his house on fire if shit doesn't change.

Why in the fuck have the Seahawks not buttoned up Kam yet? WTF are they thinking. I read an article that said the GM is siding with the owner in the "stalemate".

And lastly, Packers, where have you been? I've missed you.

*Last week I had 6 W's (would have been 7 but I picked Jacksonville instead of the Titans in that group. I claim I was tipsy.) in the bar pool and this week I had 5. Not too bad.

*Out of 8 picks.

#37 shegirl, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Raiders are refusing to paint gold 50's like all the other fields. Wtf is that all about?

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably that they lose 100% of their leverage if they set the precedent that any good player can just stop showing up and get paid more, even though that player has 2-3 years left on a contract.

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kam's back, bitches. Someone put Jimmy Clausen in a padded room so he doesn't kill himself.