Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not everyone can be an NBA team in LA named after Silver Lake.

And of the most egregious team names, I don't think the Cardinals are even close. Animal names are fine regardless. Not like Jaguars are roaming around Jacksonville or Detroit is known for its Tiger population.

And I don't feel bad for St Louis, the Dome was a terrible place to see a game and their attendance was usually abysmal. Wasn't much fan support to speak of. Its fine, they can spend more times being snobby baseball fans now.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What I'm loving is that this deal has royally fucked Dean Spanos. After how much he shit on San Diego (or rather, had Mark Fabiani do it) for not building a stadium for him, he is now left with two choices. 1. Become the tenant of Stan Kroenke at the Inglewood stadium, and receive 0 profits from the shiny new place the Chargers play, or 2. Crawl back to the city of San Diego with his tail between his legs and beg for a deal that's more favorable for the city. He's fucked either way.

The interesting thing that I'm afraid of is that Mark Davis has no current lease for a place for his Raiders to play. Meaning that if Spanos does take the Chargers to LA, the fucking Raiders may move down to SD. That would be... fuckin weird. Like if the Giants moved to Atlantic City, and then the Eagles moved to New York.

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck it, just make the Raiders play 16 road games.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    But what if their fans follow them from town to town like a violent, drunken, toothless, shirtless Grateful Dead tour?

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How would that be different than now?

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dude, have you met Raiders fans? If they're not busy crafting their retarded storm trooper costumes, they're shotgunning Keystone in the parking lot and lopping off their own heads to throw at opposing fans.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Another agent in the office said the Panthers are favored by 3.5. I was surprised it wasn't more, like 6.5 or 7. I have refused to look at the Packer v Arizona spread. I'm saving myself. I told the SO the Christmas lights on the house cannot come down until they lose.

I love and hate this time in the season. Love it for the obvious, it's football. Hate it because the end is near.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Double post worthy, the Niners hired Chip Kelly. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mark Davis is such a fucking wild card. Dude defies description. People make fun of Kronke's mustache and hairpiece, but Mark Davis has a cartoonish bowl cut, drives a beat up minivan, and is a regular at PF Changs where he eats at the bar. And this man is a billionaire NFL owner. Who wore a fucking white tie and white shirt combo to the vote the other day. He's a glorious buffoon...and even he said no way in hell to St Louis.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That's hilarious. Oakland fans > St. Louis fans

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why? I know when you just look at the records Carolina seems like a much better team, but in all seriousness I expect Seattle to win. They have a lot more talent spread across their roster, and minus the vikings last week in horrid conditions Wilson has been stupid good these last couple of months. I have no doubt Pete Caroll can find a way to throw the game, but I feel like the panthers are going to get exposed this post season. They have the best record, they're not the best team in the NFL.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I hope you're right, but unless Lynch finally comes back, their running game is thin, to put it nicely.

Without Lynch I would say they're pretty much screwed.

13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's just about that action, boss.

This post on ESPN.com explains why the Newton and Wilson matchup isn't a match up, at least to me.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I'm hoping Lynch was actually ready to go last week, then they saw the weather report and decided it wasn't worth the risk with him coming off the DL.

Good article on Wilson vs. Newton, I know I'm heavily biased towards Wilson to begin with, but it's nice to see stats that back up that bias.

I can't wait for next year with a healthy Lynch, Rawls, and Wilson behind center. How does anyone stop that trio?

15. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lynch, Rawls, Wilson triple option offense? I just came.

Here's the thing though. If Seattle does win the Super Bowl, or shit, even if they don't, I doubt Lynch will be back. The cap hit on what will be a 30 year old running back next year will be $12.5 million. That's way too cost prohibitive. I'm willing to bet Lynch passes on a pay cut and is released. I'm hoping like hell he finishes his career in Oakland. Or, and this is even unlikelier, he resigns a team friendly deal, or retires a Seahawk. I wouldn't be mad with whatever he decides to do, considering all he's done for this team.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I live on their coast. I hear about them all the fucking time and it gets old. Especially since I'm a fan of another team entirely. And, not that I'm bitter or anything, but let's relive the fact that the one and only NFL game I've been to was the infamous Fail Mary Game. Yeah so fuck them, that's why.

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, at least you didn't have to see Brandon Bostick fuck up an onside kick at the only game you've been to.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This times a million. You even left out my favorite details - he goes to PF Changs to start his day. Presumably in the morning! And based on the article, he doesn't eat - he just drinks ice tea. With his 2003 Nokia cell phone and a fanny pack! Also, he likes that haircut so much that he traveled 500 miles each time just to see the same barber.

Then there's this.

It honestly was the strangest sports profile I've ever read.

19. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh to be a fly on the wall at shegirl's house. Oh wait, she burned it down in a drunken rage.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the game isn't over, but that prediction went to shit in a hurry.