Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2015 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It makes me so happy to start this thread. It's finally here and begins tonight in New England. Brady is either going to play this season with a giant pissed off chip on his shoulder and kick everyones ass or he's going to play this entire season with a giant pissed off chip on his shoulder that will get in the way of him kicking everyones ass. Either way their Golden Boy is back I guess.

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If forced to choose between rooting for the Steelers or the Patriots, I pick the meteorite that leaves the stadium a smoking crater.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best thing about the NFL is thay you can root for a tie.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually opened this thread already, but I was sad and apparently only SheGirl is allowed to open NFL Threads. MORE POWER TO YOU.

Well I'll just put this here. ON TO 2015!

This one is so much better though.

And Rush, I think the disconnect with that ESPN article, that we're both referencing, that I read twice over the course of 3 days, is a lot of the people who made those decisions knew a lot about it. Also, all of those conversations didn't yield big pieces of new information. The only new information is the quotes from the owners about their perceptions of Goodell and the Patriots and players, like Hines Ward and Mike Martz (the Butthurts). Everything else is just confirmations or reaffirmations of stuff that has been reported on.

#5 Parker, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

She demands very, very little around here, so when she does put her foot down, we generally acquiesce.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Her opening was better and I promptly deleted mine.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I did not read the report, because I really don't care about all this stuff against the Patriots. And more to the point, in a roundabout way I'd be annoyed if there were any more punishments or sanctions against the Pats. Not because I'm a Pat fan - I'm not - but to me it would just be another example of the NFL's lack of ethics. As far as I'm concerned, things like the NFL knowing about concussion consequences for years and being silent about it, or the way the NFL manages to strongarm cities into building stadiums for its franchises (I don't place 100% of the onus of this on the NFL, I will add, because it takes two to tango) are much bigger issues than Spygate, or Deflategate, or whatever other deflections the NFL likes to use to present the appearance of propriety.

I don't condone cheating, but as far as I'm concerned the NFL isn't in any position to be sanctimonious about it.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FIRST GRONKING OF THE SEASON! WOOT!

10. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So great to have football back, even if it did coincide with a Patriots victory. Antonio Brown with the huge backdoor covering TD, but Scobee missing those kicks pooched the over. With that, what happened to the gambling thread?

Now, let's go Pack...

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Very excited about that Patriots win. Nothing is better than the "Where is Rog-ah" chants that started. Also, Malcolm Butler didn't get wrecked by Antonio Brown. That's a great sign. Plays happened, but Butler is just a man and Brown is no mere mortal.

#11 Parker, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  13. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You heard it here first. Tyler Lockett will be a better version of Percy Harvin. Rookie just scored on his first punt return as a pro.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Dude had rockets on his feet. The threat of him should be enough after a while, they'll start kicking it away.

Great article on Lockett.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He is insanely fast. I can't believe how much ground he covered in seconds.

I'll be suprise if Seattle doesn't kill it again this season.

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like if they can't beat the St Losers there may be issues in the post season.

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

St. Louis always plays Seattle tough. Naturally, the guy that gives up the game tying touchdown is the the guy playing for Kam Chancellor.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The Seattle D looked like a bunch of lost kids without Kam. They better get him locked down already.

The Packers in Chicago was boring compared to the Seattle game. My fucking DVR freaked out (I may or may not have hit the wrong button) so I missed what was apparently, the best part of the Cowboys v Giants game. And tonight is a double header. It's so nice to have football back.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Bills looked legit. Taylor protected the ball, made good throws and good decisions, and used his legs to escape trouble while still keeping eyes downfield.

The defense was unbelievable. Even without a lot of sacks, they kept pressure in Luck's face all game and absolutely blanketed the receivers in the secondary.

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

If anyone thought of watching the late MNF game don't bother. Saying it's JV out there would be an insult to JV squads everywhere. Seriously, preseason games where it's 3rd team vs. 3rd team look better than this dumpster fire.

Edit: Actually, I take this back. If you want to see the most incompetent football this side of Pee-Wee, watch this game. Bridgewater just got effectively sacked by his own lineman.

#20 Trakiel, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015