Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 Olympics Thread: Fingers Crossed, Sochi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"In Sochi, Russia you no complain about accommodation- accommodation complain about YOU!"

I missed the Women's Biathlon yesterday but my girlfriend is awesome and recorded it for me. Perfect.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What a bleeding-heart fag. Another excuse for a "writer" to mercilessly pat themselves on the back for a taking a Hero's stance. "Journalists only endure it for two weeks!" Yeah, fuck you. I'm sick of people saying they didn't have enough time to get ready. They had half a fucking decade and athletes are sleeping on ottomans and having construction workers walking into their rooms at random because theres no doorknobs in half the place. theyre not supposed to be upset that when they step off the elevator... theres no FLOOR to step on? It's a clusterfuck, WORTHY of ridicule because that pit of a country needs ridicule in order to wake the fuck up and realize its being run by super-rich raging psychopaths who intentionally tune out reality.

3. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I know that we'll be overtaken in no time, especially by the time the speed-skating is over, but for now I'll just enjoy the current medal ranking:

[​IMG]

Suck on that, Norway.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You guys really need to work on your spelling of America. Its totally wrong.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is why I want to slap the writer. Maybe the writer should think, the people that live their shouldn't have to endure their bullshit situation in a country that is supposed to be a modern advanced society. Maybe they should wake the fuck up and kick all the criminals and corruption out of fucking office.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good luck with that.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's the problem. Change might (again) come to Ukraine, but Putin still has an endless supply of bully-boys and would probably kill everyone in his country before giving up a flea's cock worth of power.

The thing is, he needs to die. Some lunatic with nothing to live for needs to just walk up to him in a crowd and kill him. We'd ALL be better off.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the worst thing I've heard about the Olympics so far is how they removed people from their homes at gun point and beat them with clubs so they could build their shitty roads and Olympic housing in their place. You would assume a country would have the sense not to do these things when they're in the world's spot light, but apparently Russia really doesn't give a fuck.

That aside the events have been pretty entertaining thus far. As for Wagner she might have got screwed a bit in the judging, but the Russia girl delivered by far the best performance I've seen in figure skating at these Olympics. She easily deserved to get the top score and she'll probably crush everyone in the individual medal events.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Russia doesn't give a fuck. Putin is a modern Soviet. He got his games in his location, he's getting the attention he wants, anything else doesn't really matter. He opening ceremony was mostly impressive, and he assumes people will quickly forget about all the minor snafu's because people are idiots. Once the Games end, he is going to clamp down even further on the already repressed country and beat the fuck out of anyone who opposes him.

In the meantime, Russia is more concerned with spreading its influence even further and strengthening its power. Putin wants a Russia that is as formidable as the Soviet Union was and apparently he'll do whatever he can to get it there.

So if a few journalists and athletes have substandard accommodations, he sincerely doesn't give a fuck.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He is such a compelling villain, its not even funny, but yet it kind of is. Sitting looking all bloated with a smirk on his face during the figure skating, doing publicity stunts with leopards as Sochi scrambles to figure its shit out as the games start, he gives so few fucks, its remarkable. I can't wait to see who he executes to make amends for all the empty seats.

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every mention of Putin. Every time.

[​IMG]

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The clown is an eye monocle and Persian cat away from being the villain in a James Bond movie. If only his fortified layer had a self-destruct mechanism, but his whole country seems to be self-destructing just fine under his rule.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but on the other hand, it looks like you guys can't spell for shit.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Wow. Seven medals for us and currently tied for first. I am very happy with that. The Dutch really pulled up their socks this time, Norway is no surprise this is their thing and they are always awesome.

Hockey hockey hockey hockey hockey can't wait.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think this is well-put.

16. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Cynicism of the Olympics aside, this story made my heart swell today.

[​IMG]

17. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is pretty awesome, this skiier wasn't quite so lucky.

[​IMG]

Oopsies!

***Damn. <a class="postlink" href="http://deadspin.com/no-theres-not-a-ski-jumper-named-cunty-spunkfuckshitp-1520207302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deadspin.com/no-theres-not-a-ski ... 1520207302</a>

Fuck it, it's still funny.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that forealsies? Because I cannot stop laughing.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Maube his ex does the screen captions.

GodDAMN that's hilarious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.