Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 Olympics Thread: Fingers Crossed, Sochi

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which ones?

2. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'll bite, since I also said a few pages back I didn't like Price. The guys I would 100%, any day of the week take over Price are Hiller, Rask, Harding, Quick, Lundqvist, Bobrovsky, Rinne, and Miller.

I would also give at least moderate consideration to Viktor Fasth and if he could stay healthy and consistent for another season or two, and even more to Cory Schneider whose W-L record is more a product of the garbage team in front of him and otherwise possesses great peripherals. That is also to say nothing of Mike Smith and Craig Anderson, both of whom are having uncharacteristically bad years, particularly Anderson.

I respect the hell out of Carey Price and his accomplishments in these games, but I give a huge amount of credit to the D-men in front of him. Every single guy I've named (and possibly a couple others) could have put up similar numbers behind a defensive corps that talented, and if you replace them with your standard NHL pairs as opposed to the best of the best, then you'll be relying even more on them. He is a great goaltender, but simply not on the same level as any of the guys I mentioned in the first blurb up there in my decidedly unprofessional opinion.

3. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If we're limiting it to guys who were in the Olympic tournament, all 3 US and Finnish goalies plus Lundqvist, Bob, Hiller, and probably Varlamov. Outside that--Rinne, Schneider, Bishop, Harding right now (he's never had a year anything like this before so we'll see if he keeps it up), maybe Bernier.

Admittedly I'm biased in favor of Schneider being a BC grad, and I'm biased in favor of Bob since he's the personification of everything I hate about the Flyers' front office. But still.

4. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I saw this little collection of all the things wrong with the Olympics this year and it made me smile...at least until the final 30-40 seconds or so.

#304 dieformetal, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And with that we end the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.