Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 NFL Season (Pre&Regular)

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Some differences:

-Three downs, not four.
    -Every man can be in motion
    -Wider and longer field
    -No sudden death overtime
    -Goalposts on goal line
    -Twelve men on field, not eleven
    -larger and rounder ball
    -the stupid Rougue Point

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is all so stupid. Both Pats fans gleefully celebrating that their "brilliant" front office pulled such a fast one, and mouthbreathing idiots thinking the Pats did something SUPER shady. *Paging Ballsack and his tired Spygate references*

Congrats, you broke an unwritten rule as tenuous as the "don't preen after a HR" in baseball. Worked out really well for you when you did the same thing with Jake Ballard. In Bill you trust indeed.

Football really needs to start if people are getting butthurt over a 6th round white RB from Stanford. Hows Toby Gerhart doing these days?

4. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

[​IMG]
    Settle down fuckface. Nobody is throwing a parade or thinking this is somehow a Super Bowl winning move. But it is a bit different since this isn't something policed by the players, but rather between the actual front offices themselves.
    And yes, Ballard did work out well since it was low risk/medium reward. Just like this.

Also Toby Gerhardt did good work when plugged in for the Vikes and is looking to get the majority of carries in Jacksonville, so I'm not really sure where you're going with that unless you expected him to beat out Adrian Peterson.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Why does he look like such a dork? Because he does.

I did some poking around and found the schedule for the HoF weekend and holy shit do they pack a boatload of events into it. I had no idea.

I didn't realize Strahan was being inducted.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all need to calm this shit down.

[​IMG]

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You heard it first, kids:

[​IMG]

...aaaaaaaaaand facepalm.

9. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like that sort of irrational confidence would be better served by throwing down $1000 in Vegas. At least you could quietly and privately tear up the ticket when they get eliminated from playoff contention.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. That's insane. How do these people make it through life? They won't even host a SB in Detroit at this point.

11. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I like the preseason games. They're a warmup - the quarter mile you jog before you actually do your workout. What's more is that a few (yes, a few) players will actually end up doing okay in a few years, and you can do the hipster thing and say, "Yeah, Jock McFarley? I know who he is - he was in the Hall of Fame game and made a 40-yard interception return. Been following him since then."

Also, I like football in general; I'm perfectly willing to watch a random D3 game if I'm at a Bdubs. In conclusion, football football football football football. That is all.

Finally, I hope Hoyer the Destroyer whoops the shit out of Johnny Football and leads the Browns to the playoffs.

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Completely the opposite. Granted I'm a JFF fan and thought every one of his last few college games became must-watch football, but its almost to the point where people are expecting him to fail. Casual fans are like "LOLZ YEA JOHNNY FUCKING FOOTBALL! DRAKE HIP HOP COCAINE GO BROWNS!" But even the Browns are throwing shade in public about his partying, people cant wait to say his style wont translate, say he's uncoachable, etc.. Its time for him to put up and shut up. I actually like the way he has handled himself in the media since the draft, microscope and all. I think it would be fantastic for his ridiculous improvisation and whatnot to work. It would make for fun football to watch. Hoyer is just white bread.

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Manziel could be a lot like early Tony Romo. That said, Hoyer was playing incredibly well before he derped up his ACL in half. Not that it matters considering how shitty the rest of the offensive talent is in Cleveland.

14. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I don't really care about JFF. What's been pissing me off is ESPN giving him the Tim Tebow Player That We're Not Going To Shut The Fuck Up About Award. I understand that it's the offseason. I understand that he's a big deal. But he's a rookie in a sport where most people come into their own after several seasons. He's not going to be a revolution.

Also, I like Hoyer. I liked him when he was a backup for the Pats, and I liked him when he did some cool stuff last year before he tore his ACL. I'd like to see him do well this year.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unless Gordon gets his suspension overturned. Then you have at least a quality #1 wideout and a really good tight end.

16. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Ben Tate is being overlooked here. Kyle Shanahan worked his magic on Arian Foster and Alfred Morris. Tate has the good fortune of being in the offense for multiple years so there shouldn't be a huge learning curve at least when he's on the field. I'm not going to say that I know anything about Hoyer, but as long as he's able to pull off a decent play action pass and can do a passable job of getting the ball down the field, Cleveland's offense could surprise some people.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Morris was a good product of the system he was playing in. Tate was an adequate replacement for Foster but I don't think he was much more than that. Not sure there's a lot of evidence that Shanahan was working any magic, rather than the systems in place allowing for the running backs to succeed.

Dalton just got a 6 year extension for $115m. I don't really hate on the guy but I'm not sure how he's worth a 6 year deal. No terms yet, of course, so maybe it's very team friendly, but it seems to me like throwing money at middling quarterback talent isn't a good way to function. If you can find/draft a young guy who can do 90% of what Dalton does for a couple million, then surround him with $15m worth of additional talent every year, that's probably putting the team into a better place to succeed.

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you (and most of the city of Cincinnati) forget about how many terrible QBs there are in the league. When you draft another QB and dump your known quantity you have a tendency to fail. Dalton has taken Cincinnati to the playoffs three times in three years. How many other Quarter Backs have done that in their first three years in the league? He has thrown 80 touchdown passes in his first three years. That is more than anyone other Marino and P. Manning. He will learn, and he will get better. Will he ever win a Superbowl? I can't answer that. But I know he has a lot better shot at it than anyone coming out of college this year.

20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I didn't think the HoF game sucked too bad this year. Not too sure about this preseason expierment they are trying with field goals though. Every year they gotta fuck with something I guess.

SGEDIT: Found what I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.