Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 General Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JPrue, Aug 28, 2014.

1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Going into tonight's game, down by 13 points and I've got both Gronk and Edelman while my opponent has the Pats D and Ridley. So, here's hoping Brady passes 75 times and it turns into an offensive shootout on both sides.

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got edged out last week despite having the 3rd highest points total in the league.

Tonight I just have to hope that Gronk doesn't put up 74 points. I'm comfortable with that.

3. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please to be elaborate, I enjoy money and you're the second person to say something along these lines.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hopkins is a free agent right now. Tempted to drop Knile Davis for him but I have the feeling Davis has earned himself more touches throughout the last few weeks.

Charles' owner has nobody I want that I can afford - the only player I'd be interested in is Luck but he's riding high right now and I'm not trading away top commodities for him. Been trying to bundle up my glut of WRs to flip for one top-10 player and free up a bench spot but nobody is biting.

Only other player I have to drop is Wes Welker. Welker has no history this season except one game against a good secondary, and another game coming up against another good secondary, so I think it'll be a few weeks before we know what to expect from him this season.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I've got Philip Rivers as my backup QB (Peyton is my primary) and now that Manning has had his bye, I'm thinking I can get a really high value trade out of him. I'm pretty middling at WR week to week with Alshon Jeffery, Edelman, Mike Wallace and Kendall Wright rotating in and out of my two spots. I was thinking about offering up Rivers to try and get Julio Jones, since the guy that currently has him is plugging in with Kirk Cousins as his QB.

Am I over-valuing Rivers in this trade, or would you look at it as a good deal?

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I'm trying to sell-high on a player, I don't really worry too much about what the recipient will think of it. Just make an offer - worst they can do is reject it.

Whether I'd accept that trade or not basically depends on what my wide receivers look like and what's on the waiver wire. FF is all about replacement value. If my replacement receiver is Kelvin Benjamin, I'm averaging -4 points per game at WR and +9 points per game at QB, so I'll probably take it. You can do the math on his team. Sometimes I'll include that in my trade offer if I'm not sure the person is going to pick up on it.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Traded Knile Davis & Reggie Wayne for Rashad Jennings. Love his soft schedule coming up. Freed up a spot on my bench in the process, so I now have Hopkins sitting there as well.

QB situation is still a little iffy in my opinion, I have trouble trusting Dalton.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahmad Bradshaw at home against Baltimore, or Zac Stacy at Philadelphia?

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love trading for a player who gets injured in the first half and is projected to miss multiple weeks.

I've been shopping Welker around for a TE to fill in for Graham this week but this league is hilariously bad at estimating player value. Two years in a row now I've traded a hot waiver wire flash-in-the-pan for a top-10 RB that has underperformed at the beginning of the season. Yet offer Welker to a guy whose #2 WR is Andre Johnson or Greg Jennings, for a mediocre TE who is riding his bench? Nope.

Guess I'm dropping Garcon for Dwyane Allen... Washington's offense sure hasn't looked like it can sustain two WRs.

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My team is the most pathetic in the history of fantasy football....I'm sure of it! Made worse by the fact that they "should" be good. This week was a new low with 60 points on an expected 115, so I come here asking for advise. I've floated out that I am open to trade my "undroppable" stars but nobody is interested (imagine that).

So here is my team:

QB: Kaep, Romo (I'm OK here)
    RB: McCoy, Morris, Jennings, Ivory, Tate, McKinnon
    WR: Marshall, Benjamin, Garcon, Knight
    TE: Gates, Davis
    D/ST: Seahawks (#1 defense my ass)
    K: Vinatieri (he's fine)

Who do I drop? Who do I play? Do I just give up on the season altogether?

And we all know the second I don't play my "superstars" they will suddenly turn it around after scoring a measley 20 points combined in the past three weeks.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's your record?

I don't get attached to defenses unless they're proving themselves every week. If you have bench space for them, bench 'em and stream defenses. If you don't have bench space, don't feel bad about dropping them.

D/ST is almost always better to stream than to blindly play one every week.

It's frustrating to watch good players put up bad points but sometimes it's better to ride out the bad weeks than to keep trying to guess. Gates is a top 3 TE with a QB who is playing the best football of his life. In our league, you've got 3 running backs inside the top 15 - that's outstanding. McCoy is too good a player to be stuck there forever.

I wouldn't make drastic moves unless you're really desperate. Your team is solid.

12. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My record is 2-3. I won my first 2 games, then have put up scores of 66, 70, 60 points and lost the next 3 games (I also have the lowest total points in my 10 player league).

I have actually only played the Seattle D/ST only 3 times, and had streamed the others. I was stashing them because they are supposed to be "the #1 Defense" but have no problem letting them go at this point. I streamed last year and it worked out for me so I'll do that again.

Those 3 RBs in the top 15....they scored me a total of 14 points this week, I sort of wish I had middling players so I could vary my lineup more but instead I keep waiting for them to break the slump.

My WW moves this week I think will be a new D/ST (Titans vs Jags maybe?) and considering dropping McKinnon for Branden Oliver or Antone Smith. I'm not sure what to do at WR, Benjamin and Wright both have potential and I don't see anybody on the WW who I favor more. Garcon is of course...just Garcon.

I'll sit tight at QB, TE, and K. I can play Tate at Flex with Jennings out. Any other ideas?

13. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is Andre Williams available? He's going to be the obvious replacement for Jennings while he's out. If you can pick him up for a couple of weeks, he could be a valuable plug in.

Also, I don't know how much I would trust the Titans D. I know it's the Jags, but Tennessee isn't exactly a wall themselves. I would take a flyer on San Diego if they're still out there. The past two weeks they've been one of the top scoring D's, yet in many leagues they're still sitting out there. I claimed them myself in one.

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Andre Williams was picked up last week, as was San Diego.

Here are a few of the D/ST available: Titans, Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, Patriots, Broncos

15. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would go NE > Colts > Ravens > Seattle

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

NE, huh? Man, the only game that I have seen them play is the KC game (I am in KC) and that was ugly. I think I'll go Ravens.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Baltimore's the safe choice. They tend to give up a lot of yards, but not super high on the points end. Plus Glennon is good for at least one pick. After them I'd say Denver against the Jets who are the epitome of dumpster fire right now, then New England.

18. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't get me wrong... I do understand. But in points per game, Morris, Jennings and Ivory are all within the top 15 (at least in my league). When three guys are in the top 15 in points per game, and then this week none of them break into the top 25 in scoring, that's a bad week, not a bad team. McCoy needs a healthy O-line to be a game-breaking running back, and that'll come back.

Antoine Smith is such an appealing option and yet he just doesn't get any touches. A RB without touches is basically a guarantee of frustration. You think you're mad when Rashad Jennings is listed in the top 5 but gains 6 points? Wait until you try to play "guess the good week" for a guy like Smith. You'll play him one week, he'll get no points, so you bench him, and he'll have a 60 yard TD, so you'll play him, and...

I like Oliver much more especially since San Diego's running backs have been such a Dumpster fire of injuries this year. Drop McKinnon for him.

20. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on Zach's secret weapon, I may as well just keep the Seahawks since they are pretty highly ranked for the week, close to on par with the Ravens. Although then if I decide to start Romo I will be cheering both for and against myself.

I will stay put for now and cross my fingers that my team actually shows up. I'm playing the 5-0 guy so I don't have high hopes, but I'll be back when my WW pickups go through for lineup advise. Thanks to all!