Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014 General Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by JPrue, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brown/Green is about a wash. MJD/HYDE is a wash. You make out on this trade with Rivers, but is that enough to make it worthwhile? You already have Cutler, so unless you want to move Cutler...it's kind of weak. If you do anything, I'd find someone who needs a QB and has a good RB1 and drop them Cutler and Green and then pick up a QB on the waiver week by week. Lacy getting dinged last night makes your lineup SUPER weak going forward.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, uh, looks like I need a replacement RB for Andre Ellington. Fuuuuuuuuck. Let's hope Steven Jackson can remember how to run the ball...

Also, have to decide on my WR2 between Mike Wallace, Julian Edelman or Kendall Wright?

3. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm hoping Trent Richardson doesn't look all Trent Richardson-y while he fills in for Ellington. I can't quite bring myself to start a rookie RB, or the ever-unreliable Pierre Thomas until there's a history this season.

If it's me, I start Edelman since the Pats didn't exactly fill in their WR corps this off season. His volume of targets went way up towards the end of last season, and I'd expect them to stay there.

4. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

10 yards rush/rec = 1 point, 1 catch = 0.5 points

Reggie Bush vs NYG or CJ Spiller at CHI?

5. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'd go Bush. Hard to say what the distribution will be like in BUF. PPR tilts it in Bush's favor in my opinion.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed on both counts. Without PPR I'd tend to take a chance on Spiller's big play ability but Bush will catch more passes.

7. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, anybody think it's worth a flier to pick up Justin Forsett this week? I can't decide on a RB2. I've already got Forte plugged in for sure. My other options at this point at Zac Stacy, Joique Bell, Danny Woodhead or DeAngelo Williams. I was thinking about dropping Woodhead for Forsett.

8. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Stacy, no question.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm tempted to drop Pierre Garcon or Reggie Wayne to take a shot on Josh Gordon. League drug policy voting is tonight and I suspect they're going to reverse Welker and Gordon's suspensions.

10. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I already did this in my one league. Dropped Brian Hartline and picked him up. Figure I can always go back and pick up another 3rd tier WR if need be if they don't rescind the suspension.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um. How is there no one worse than Pierre Garcon / Wayne on your roster? Those are starter-quality, top 25 wide receivers.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Auto draft stacked me at WR. Seriously. It drafted:
    Jordy Nelson
    Antonio Brown
    Wes Welker
    Pierre Garcon
    Reggie Wayne

I think Welker was part of the reason this happened - nobody wanted to draft him because of the suspension but apparently the auto draft decided he was too tasty in the 12th round to pass up (whereas I would normally have a filler WR in there).

I was trying to deal Hopkins to a coworker after his high scoring debut this week but he finally declined the trade, so it's now Hopkins > Gordon pending for tomorrow morning.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's madness to just drop those guys. Trade them if you can. There has to be someone out there with a good-but-not-great running back available (say, Ben Tate, CJ Spiller, Knowshon Moreno, Ryan Mathews, Fred Jackson) with a WR hole.

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I've been shopping. This league was the same way last year, though - nobody seems to want to do realistic trades, and everyone seems to be stuck on the "what have you done lately" mindset. Anyone who scored a few points last week is suddenly worth a trade for a top-5 player, and anyone who turned in a middling performance last week is only worth their backup kicker.

I proposed a trade for a RB this morning and the guy countered by offering Keenan Allen for Jordy Nelson. First off - what? Second - this is a guy who has a serious WR deficiency and a surplus at running backs.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ESPN league, .75 PPR:

Other than it sucking cock, opinions?

Attached Files:

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Start Locker over Newton
    Starks over Lacy

Scour the waiver wire for a handcuff RB and a better WR and drop a few of your dead weight bench. (Baldwin/Tate/Stewart)

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I disagree with basically all of this.

I need to see firm evidence that Lacy will not have a large role Sunday before a top 10 back gets relegated to the bench. Wait until the last minute to make that call.

Absolutely do not drop Tate. He is a starting back who may only be out two weeks, that is crazy talk. Maybe Stewart, but if you have 20 players per roster, I assume the waiver wire for running backs is full of butt. I don't like your odds of finding anything more worthwhile there.

Locker over Newton is defensible (I'm low on Newton), but I think I'd need more than a week of solid performance before going with Locker. Newton is facing a defense that looked OK last week because Eli is incompetent, but is not historically a strong pass defense.

18. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm on the other sides of what MC said.

If your name doesn't end in Harvin, you are useless in Seattle as a WR.
    Tate is an injury case. He's going to go down again. He's going to get passed on the depth chart by a back that is better than him. Let someone else take on that problem.
    The Starks / Lacy thing. Yeah, he's a top 5-10 back, but he didn't do much before he left the game and although concussions aren't the kiss of death, this is his second one. I'd be very wary about starting him the week after.

To put it bluntly, your team as it sits right now is a probably not going to make the playoffs. I'd get rid of some of the bench that you know you are NEVER going to have on your active roster. Is there any world where you stick Doug Baldwin in a game? Be honest. From the looks of it, your league is either 8 teams or there is NO ONE left on your waiver wire. I'd still take a look.

19. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dropped Baldwin and picked up Harry Douglas...
    Here's the best of what's left based on this weeks' projected stats:

Attached Files:

20. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in a CBS League. I feel rather solid at WR, but quite weak at RB. I don't think anyone other than Forte will put up big numbers, I don't think they'll turn into studs, but I do think Ivory and Hill have improvement potential, but I also can see this going the other way and at week 5 I'm stuck with three shitty RB's. Currently the waiver wire's very slim pickings and today one of the guys offered Victor Cruz & Reggie Bush for Cordarrelle Patterson. I had a rather comfortable lead in points for week 1, Bush is banged up, Cruz underperformed last week. I'm not sure the offer's all that good. Any thoughts?

My current roster:
    QB Matthew Stafford
    QB | DET
    RB Matt Forte
    RB | CHI
    RB Chris Ivory
    RB | NYJ
    WR Antonio Brown
    WR | PIT
    WR Cordarrelle Patterson
    WR | MIN
    TE Julius Thomas