Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014-2015 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by AFHokie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I too have been enjoying the ass kicking the SEC is taking this bowl season. Especially watching Ohio St win was awesome as everyone claimed they shouldn't even be in the playoffs and were going to get blown out. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking throwing deep on that last drive though. They could have pinned Alabama inside their 20 with 50 seconds left and no timeouts. Instead they threw twice (why? why the fuck why?) and left them with almost two minutes and still with a time out. They won anyway, but that was unbelievably stupid play calling.

TCU made a pretty strong case to expand to 8 teams. That was a real ass whooping they laid down on Ole Miss. So much for SEC dominance.

2. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm hoping Ohio St wins if for no other reason I can remind anyone who gives me shit this off season that VT beat the reigning national champs

3. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In a very exciting game the NDSU Bison secured their 4th straight FCS championship! At any level of football that is impressive. At the Division 1 level, that included beating a number of FBS teams year after year it doesn't seem possible.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

good on you Fleafly, That is the real college football. I am thinking Oregon will win it on Monday. This is in direct contrast to my father who grew up in Columbus Ohio. The Pac 12 was the best conference in football this year and Oregon dominated it. I think they win by at least 12. If I get to Reno tomorrow in time, I will back it up with a $20 bet.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hope you're betting on Oregon -6.5 then, cause otherwise if you just think they are gonna win, that will be a sweet $10 you win in return.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the last three games, Ohio State beat all three of the Heisman Trophy finalists.

They beat the spread in those three games by a combined 103.5 points.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They sure tried to give up the game tonight... 4 turnovers?

It actually got to be a rather close game for a bit, but then a quarter of stupid penalties and shitty throws took over.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ezekiel Elliot is a manbeast.

And somewhere in Ann Arbor Jim Harbaugh is calling Jed York and asking if he can have his job back.

I know I'm being a total homer, but that was so satisfying. And also, FUCK Mark May.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can't give enough credit to OSU, team really came together. That line and Elliott together were nuts. And Jones plays like Cam Newton in the way that you can get pretty much any 3rd or 4th and short based on sheer size alone.

Feel bad for Mariota going out like that. They really missed their top WRs. He missed a throw or two he shouldn't, but my GOD they dropped some critical balls. Namely a fairly easy catch on 3rd and 5 on their second drive after they stopped OSU and had ALL the momentum already up 7-0. Then even bigger, the catch on the sidelines for about a gain of 30+ on their very next drive. Really set the tone. Didn't like turning down the FG in the first half when they were down 7, and getting stopped.

What a ridiculous embarrassment of riches at QB in Columbus going into next year, even with Braxton Miller surely leaving.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, Barrett was overrated by the media because they only looked at stat lines and highlights for most of the year. He was competent, but his numbers were inflated by the talent around him on offense. It's no coincidence that Ezekiel Elliott started beasting the moment he started playing with a QB who didn't make the wrong read on every single fucking option play.

Miller would have easily beaten Barrett in a token camp competition. I don't know if he can unseat Jones. I'd like to see them both play early on with the guy who plays better taking the job, but it's probably in Braxton's best interest to go the Russell Wilson route.

11. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was a rough season for the Hokies, but I look forward to another great game in Blacksburg this year September 7th.

Attached Files: