Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2014-2015 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by AFHokie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That kid should just be happy that Mike Vrabel isn't coaching on the team this year, or else he'd probably be in a coma at the moment. But the guy tackling him is Anthony Schlegel, former linebacker for OSU, so my guess is he was just trying to demonstrate proper tackling form to the underclassmen. It's a teaching moment.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was at that game. People cheered louder at that idiot getting clotheslined than anything that happened in the game.

3. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a crazy day. I love the chaos of college football.

4. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't even understand how to realistically forecast the play off picture right now.

5. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know. The AP has three SEC west teams in the top four right now, which is pretty ridiculous. I think there will be a two loss team in the playoffs. No one is really dominant, so teams like Oregon and Alabama can work there way back in. No way both Mississippi teams will be there at the end of the year. Next Saturday is going to be fun too. I love this.

6. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why in the fucking fuck is Mizzou's offense so god damned inept!

7. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you still have high hopes after they lost to Indiana?

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was ridiculous. I mean, that was comically inept. Matty Mauk was cartoon character bad.

Shaping up to be another fun day. Baylor-TCU is a shootout. Mississippi St came out with a fire and Auburn looks shellshocked. ND is fighting for their life. Can't wait for Bama-Arkansas, Ole Miss-A&M, and USC-Zona later. Oh, and Michigan-PSU! LOL JK

9. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was hoping they would turn it around. I would say South Carolina is a better team than the fucking Hoosiers. I was also hoping for at least a good game with Georgia. That was a fucking travesty.

10. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

I don't know how some coaches keep their composure. If I was Gary Patterson after that bullshit PI call at the end I would've lost my everloving shit.

11. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well Mr. Wags, obviously I am hoping the Irish will win, however in case Florida State wins like the experts think they will it might be time to warm up your Notre Dame hate machine.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Florida St isn't as good as they were last year, but I can't see Notre Dame winning that game. To win they're going to have to catch a few breaks and have some turnovers go their way. The defense simply isn't good enough without Florida St making some uncharacteristic mistakes.

13. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even though I live close to Notre Dame, I am not a fan. I love watching their always overrated asses lose (to be fair Michigan is always overrated too) but I get the feeling Winston is a world class asshole and I would like to see him lose. I'm all kinds of on the fence about this game. I think FSU will cover the spread regardless of what it is but I can't cheer for them.

14. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The LSU vs Ole Miss game was one of the best I have been to lately. I didn't think LSU had a shot at winning, but the game was exciting to be at. The ending was brutal, but worth the result. I have been using our season tickets to go to one game a year for the last couple years. The atmosphere reminded me of how all LSU games used to be.

15. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Goddamn but FSU looked to be walking the tightrope again. First NC State, then ND, now this. I thought they were done but goddamn they're explosive. They remind me a lot of those 90's UM teams that could turn it on whenever they felt like it.

16. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Went to the ND-Navy game when a buddy hit me up last minute with tickets. Was a good game. Navy was down by 11 in the 4th, but never quit. ND's play calling in the 4th was very anemic until Navy scored to make it 42-39 with just over four minutes remaining.

I understand with an 11pt lead trying to run off as much time as possible, but twice they had the opportunity to make it a three score lead with FG's from 44 & 45yrds, but missed. ND was kicking into a significant wind with a kicker who's longest this year is 44yrds. Better play calling could've got them at least one first down and put their kicker in a much better position.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Notre Dame could stop playing like inept toddlers that would be great.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The end of the Auburn/Texas A&M game was pitiful. The Auburn center snaps the ball into himself and gives up possession with a minute left. This is after they just fumbled at the goal line. How does a top 5 team fail so hard? Say goodbye to your championship hopes Auburn.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Big Ten did well and the SEC fell on their faces. Jan 1 was a good day.

20. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear this bowl season has only taught me one thing. And that is apparently regular season play is in no way indicative of a teams ability to play football. I include Notre Dame, and Mizzou's losing to Indiana asses in with my utter befuddlement.