Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's worth noting that Belichick isn't afraid to cut motherfuckers when they don't work out, or stop working out, or he just doesn't want to look at them anymore. Though the projects haven't really been panning out since Moss. Talib did, I guess, but he wasn't exactly playing poorly in Tampa.

2. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Belichick has balls, Ill give him that.

He will find a spot for Tebow. In the red zone, short yardage, whatever. And at Qb. Tebow is not blocking or catching passes.

And Brady is getting old. They probably dont see it as taking snaps away from Brady, but helping extend Brady by not getting him hit in close quarters.

Give it a shot. What do they have to lose?

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Relax sweetpea. I didn't watch Football as a sport until 2001. When you're in church from 9:30 to 3:00, then visiting family/grocery store until 7, then don't have cable, you're not watching a lot of football. The only team I've rooted for was the Patriots. I was in a room of 30 Giants fans in New York City in 2007, and still made some of them feel like shit after all my trash talk. I've even went to Boston, and had some chowda. Blow me. Nouveau bullshit Pat fan my ass.

We're going to need to see what Bill actually plays him as. I'm pretty sure the Patriots aren't going to leak real information to the media for awhile, its going to take awhile to see what he does. I'm better he comes in on some QB packages. The biggest concern is Josh McDaniels getting too cute, because you know that fucker loves to get cute.

TTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!

This just gives the Patriots all sorts of good Karma.

We're going to have to wait for the media to descend o

4. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Didn't you only start rooting for them after they won the Super Bowl? You can fuck right off with that bullshit. You're as bad as those twats that wear the pink jerseys. Wow, you've only rooted for them once they won. Congratulations on your superb trash talk.

As to his position, Belichick is probably going to do with him what he did with Edelman, and if he doesn't like it he'll cut his ass. Edelman was rumored to be put in some packages too, since he was a fast player who also played QB. Now he's firmly entrenched as a slot receiver. The main concern here is whether he can catch or not, although if he gets put in as a goal line H-Back/FB that might be moot.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well it just coincided to be the first football I ever watched from beginning to end. And no, I placed a bet on the Patriots before I even knew who they were. Everyone else took sides of the Rams as they were the favorites coming in. I just saw Tom Brady's jawline and fell in love. You don't understand my love and you never will.

Also, they're now talking about how he's mainly going to be a QB, sit there and develop since the two main people that wanted him was the guy that drafted him Josh McDaniel's and then Billy B himself.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's the incentive in developing him, though? It looks like he'll be pushing 30 by the time the starting gig opens up. Are they really that excited about what 29 year old Tim Tebow will be bringing to the table?

Ugh. I hate everything about this and don't know what I did to deserve it.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

<a class="postlink" href="http://deadspin.com/fuck-you-bill-belichick-512568029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deadspin.com/fuck-you-bill-belichick-512568029</a>

8. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey don't stress. Absolute worst comes to absolute worst, the dude moves jerseys like theyre free beer in an AA meeting.

That being said, now the Patriots have two quarterbacks I can root for the 'Niners to kill to death.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well the incentive is that he becomes what everyone wants him to be. His skills become some level of passable, his spirit carrying the rest of the way, and the rest of the team dominates (in 4-5 years). The other thing you're forgetting here is that there is no risk. If he doesn't work he's gone. They're not going to use him on short yardage either, the Patriots have been super efficient on those, especially the Brady sneak. It will be very interesting to see what they do, but its the Patriots, we may not even see him for a year. But I highly doubt he'll go the way of Edelman, given that Edelman hasn't won a playoff game as a QB. I don't think he's even started an NFL game as one.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, they're going to make him irrelevant?

Yeah, because being in the presence of my fellow Patriots fans wasn't bad enough already. Now they're Patriots fans wearing Tebow jerseys.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, people want Tim Tebow to be a good quarterback. No one dislikes Tim Tebow for Tim Tebow. They dislike him because he gets a ton of chances/media focus he does not currently deserve regardless of his playoff victory. But if he started looking like, playing like, and winning like a real quarterback...no one would hate him based on personality, attitude, etc.

12. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

You are totally wrong about that. There is an enormous group of us that have hated him since the second he stepped on a Gainesville football field. His obnoxious self-righteousness has been rubbing people the wrong way since Day 1.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually not entirely correct. You don't follow college football, so you wouldn't have the reference, but Tebow was disliked in college for different reasons. Then he was actually a winner. But he was a self-aggrandizing blowhard who shoved himself in everyone's face beyond just being good at football. He got to the NFL and it just got worse. Two posts ago you said "his spirit carrying the rest of the way". Not sure if you're trolling, but the fact that people still believe that shit is part of the reason people can't stand the whole Tebow fervor.

Anytime the media has to go out of their way to tell you how humble and genuine someone is, they likely aren't. It was true for Tebow in college and still is now. I'm not saying he's an asshole, but he's in love with his image as much as the media is and people trying to tell me otherwise drives me crazy.

EDIT: Yep, what MCB said.

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in fact willing to bet that plenty of people probably hated him in high school too.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably cause he was the weird home schooled kid who arrived WAY too amped up for practice in the Florida heat.

16. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know who should be pissed? Ryan Mallet.

17. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Word's been that he's tradebait for quite some time now. This probably doesn't change anything for him.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well it wasn't his actual football skill that beat the Steelers. Just saying.

Look Flat and MCB, its not the end of the world. He probably won't play that much. BB is going to smash all the media attention with his usual disposition.

Ryan Mallet is probably a little worried, but its not like he was going to play for the next 2-3 years anyway. Its not like Ryan was coming in for special packages. Hell he barely came in for when the Patriots were up for 2-3 touchdowns last year. He might lose a few practice snaps but oh well. Oh and what MCB said.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope, it was a wicked pass rush, his freak athlete WR, and Ryan Clark's blood disorder that beat the Steelers. Let's not pretend that Tebow didn't bumblefuck his way through that game before getting lucky on a four yard slant in OT.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah...(wait for it....) but still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.