Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want Seattle to take a flyer on Marcus Lattimore in the 3rd or 4th. Marshawn Lynch goes HAM every time he touches the ball, so I can't imagine the tread on his tires are going to last too long. Everything I've read about Lattimore suggests he runs hard, is hungry and isn't a shithead in the locker room. Works for me.

2. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He is without a doubt the best player to ever come through Carolina. He is a great ambassador and will never show up for anything off the field other than reading to orphans. His vision and balance are off the charts. He had 120 yards as a freshman against UGA after contact.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well at least there will be news stories in Chicago when I jump off a fucking bridge if the Bears draft Teo like all these asshole mock drafters are projecting. I don't know how people still think he's a fucking first rounder. Sigh.

4. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Actually right now it's getting kind of crazy with word that the Chiefs may take Eric Fisher at #1 instead of Joeckel, and if so the Dolphins will pay a king's ransom to the Raiders for the #3 pick in order to pick him up.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope you guys are sitting down, I'm about to post an article not from Bill Barnwell or Bill Simmons. Brace yourselves.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/the-nfl-draft-decoded-part-iii-20130423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/bl ... i-20130423</a>

This is a pretty entertaining read. He has a section that says "Draft the Weed Guy" which I think is great. Now...I may have HEARD about this guy on the BS Report, but fuck you, still.

6. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Andy Reid looks like every fat white tourist that has visited Hawaii ever.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Buffalo traded picks 8 & 71 for St. Louis 16, 46, 78 & 222.

Rams must really have wanted Austin. I like it - shows Buffalo has a commitment to building a young team instead of splurging on free agents.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bears fans are freaking out about not getting Eifert, and I can't completely blame them. But a fast, athletic OL, a position of need, isn't something I'm gonna complain about.

9. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, Vikings having a good draft so far. Even if they did mortgage rounds 2-4 to do it.

As a Patriots fan, I'm worried. Hopefully Swope drops to us in the second round?

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Vikes still have a huge hole at linebacker; I thought for sure they were going to draft Te'o with that 3rd pick. My coworker and I have pretty much taken the pass on Te'o to mean that the Vikes are going to try to sign Urlacher for the year and worry about linebacker in next year's draft.

11. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

One of the shows on KFAN, Minnesota’s sports station, had Ben Leber on and he pretty much said that Minnesota is able to plug anyone in at that spot and the Vikings will be fine. I would certainly love to have Urlacher at that spot but I don't think they need to. I think the 3 picks we have will help greatly.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually like what he did there. As long as BB doesn't try to hard to get clever with CBs and Safety's I'm sure everything else will be used to get good players he'll turn into great players. At the same time, I have to co-sign with my thought leader Simmons. Their QB is 36, even though he's still top 5, he's on the decline even if it is a very slow decline. They should be going balls to the wall. BB is 61, it'd be nice to see them playing a little more for now.

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They are, man.

The NFL is a league where all you have to do is make the playoffs and you've got a reasonable shot at the Superbowl and a title, and the Pats know that they're going to make the playoffs. Once they get there, it is a matter of which teams are hotter. That is how teams that are 9-7 can eventually win the Superbowl. To think that Belichick and Brady don't have a sense of urgency is silly; they know they've only got about 4 to 5 years left together to try to win another one.

And for the record, Simmons is one of the dumbest sports analysts on the planet. The minute anyone says "Bill Simmons says..." I immediately hear farting sounds coming out after that.

As for the Bears, a lot of people are quite, quite unhappy with the pick. I'm starting to think that Phil Emery is the hipster of all the GMs.

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sanchez threw a remote at his TV and was intercepted.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, don't get on that bullshit. Bill Simmons first of all isn't an analyst. And Brady is 36. He has been showing mental slippage in the last few playoffs games over the last few years. He's getting older. You're telling me at the age of 51, Brady is going to be at this level? I love Brady as much as the next Greatriot fan, but even I don't see that happening. The urgency is NOT there. Who the fuck is our second WR? We have Danny Amendola and...Julian Edelman, Deion Branch, Dante Stallworth, Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones, and Kamar Aiken. Well fuck, Danny is a slot receiver or #2, not a deepthreat. In addition, we have a hobbled Gronkowski.

Fuck that noise. That isn't urgency. You go back to having low expectations for your Chicago Bears with a QB standing in his prime. The Patriots clock is ticking, and has been since 2011.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

And now the Pats have Aaron Dobson. So there's one more target for Brady too.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What 51? Maybe Brady will be good enough when he is 41... He certainly is still in decent enough shape that, pending he stays healthy, he could last.

As for your 2nd WR... Do you need one with fucking Hernandez and Gronk? Either of those guys can line up as slot receivers and own most defenders, again pending health.

Besides that, who in there division is even a remote threat to compete with them? The Dolphins? The Bills? The fucking joke-ass Jets?

The Pats can sit their main starters for 4 games next season and play with all backups and still make the playoffs in that shitshow of a division. Then they just have to get and stay healthy, and they'll have a shot at the SuperBowl, which is more than the vast majority of NFL teams can say.

The only way the Pats don't make the playoffs next season is if Brady goes down with a season ending injury. If not? There is no one in their division good enough to compete with them yet.

As for my Bears, this season will be very interesting. I want to see how long Phil Emery's leash is going to be. He has made some obscure choices, so he has to be hoping they pay off sooner than later. Taking Howie Long's burnout kid in the 1st round is one of those real "WTF" moments, but maybe Emery really is just crazy like a fox. He can't be worse than the last fucking GM.

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to say, I don't hate this draft by Buffalo so far. I know the analysts hate it, but at least they've got a clear direction: speed.

Almost every year, some team rolls out a new strategy that hasn't quite caught on everywhere and they do well with it. New England went with some versatile tight ends and lined them up all over. Seattle picked up a couple enormous corners, eschewing the mantra that corners need to be the speediest players on the field. If Buffalo wants to make their team the fastest in the NFL, go for it.

Manuel got taken a round too early, they could have gotten better value in the 2nd, but if that's their guy, fine - he's big and fast. I love the pick of Goodwin, taking a chance on an Olympic athlete and the fastest guy on the field in almost every situation. Corners best not fuck that coverage up if the ball gets anywhere near him. Add CJ Spiller to that mix and, coached right, you've got a few guys who have the capability to turn any slip in coverage into big gains.

BB is showing his love for Rutgers this last round.

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, I'm not exactly worried about the regular season (I know that is annoying Greatriot talk) even though I would like them to have home field advantage. Gronkernandez hasn't been healthy for a full season together. Gronk has some infection in his forearm that is going to keep him out longer, and Hernandez hasn't had a full season either. These second tier scrubs aren't going to scare the defenses in the playoffs.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, hey, LeGarrette Blount will shore up that backfield, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.