Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

The funny thing is that he's thought this every year since he bought the team.

Nothing worse than rooting for a team with a shitty owner, believe me I know.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its Oakland. They sold the fucking farm for Carson Palmer (who is now on his way to Arizona) who YOUR Bengals didn't want anymore (and given his performance in Oakland, I can see why). The Raiders have been setting the standard for piss poor management over the past ten years or so. Why would you be surprised by any stupid move they made.

Besides, could Flynn possibly be worse there than Palmer was? Honestly? And now Palmer is going to Arizona, who had better get some offensive line help (they were the worst in the league besides the Bears). It is pretty damn hard to say "you're less mobile than Kevin Kolb," but Palmer is likely less mobile than Kevin Kolb, meaning he is going to get beat down every single game.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brother just texted me and said TO and Brady had been running some drills today. Who the fuck is TO kidding.

Zero chance TO gets picked up.

4. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love it. When he was in his prime he fed off attention like a vampire. The guy was a locker room cancer everywhere he went. Watching him desperately try to reestablish some sort of relevance is a very (not) guilty pleasure of mine.

5. M4A1

M4A1
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm a diehard Seahawks fan. I'm also very happy with the way they've gone the last couple years, roster wise. I am however, sick and tired of hearing other Seahawks fans, and many a sports reporter claiming them to be a Super Bowl favorite. Do they have a good team? Yes. Am I excited for the season? Absofuckinglutely!! Facts are facts though, they didn't even win their division last year. The NFC West title goes through San Francisco. For a team that has an overall history of being mired in mediocrity, who've had a decent amount of success the last 12 years or so, let's be honest. The draft hasn't even happened, nor has a game even been played. Let's get some product on the field before we start talking shit.

Oh yeah, fuck the Cowboys.

6. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From personal experience, Seahawks fans are absolutely delusional this season. Yes, you have a promising squad, no you're not Super Bowl favorites, no Russell Wilson is not elite. Sit down and shut up.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will say this is the first year the teams out west have been pretty exciting contenders in a while. Seattle is poised to have a good year, it'll be fun to watch San Francisco implode around Colin Kaepernick's inexperience and elevated expectations and Denver either make a mockery of fair competition or shit-show of an epic collection of talent. I'll be happy to see how Atlanta fares with their newly assembled dream team, but I'm beginning to think these super-hyped collections of rare and superior talent won't amount to shit. I can't remember an NFL dream team that won diddly shit.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WOOOOO YES! This cannot be a bad thing. This can only be a good thing. Fuck yes! Thank you Steelers for not signing this guy. Fuck yes.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9155464/new-england-patriots-sign-emmanuel-sanders-pittsburgh-steelers-offer-sheet-source" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... eet-source</a>

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus Christ Will. Why don't you just go on and write a column reverse jinxing the Falcons? Have you already rationalized Welk-ah getting thrown away like every player you've ever had that had a few years left? I have a grand idea. Why don't you hire a bunch of decent niche writers and start your own website? Tell House to hang himself.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stop it! Stop it right now.

Rep from Kampf
    1) His quarterback has never been Tom Brady.
    2) Wes Welker didn't have a major impact on the league, then his quarterback became Tom Brady.
    3) His coach was never Bill Belichick.
    4) His OC was never Josh McDaniels.
    5) Go read 1, 2, 3, and 4.
    6) He is still young and has lots of room to gor.w
    7) Read number 5.
    8) Compared to the other tall, fast WRs we've had not named Moss, this is huge.

11. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are fucking high. And coming from the biggest Seahawks homer this board will ever see, that's saying a lot.

1. Who cares if Tom Brady is his QB? Roethlisberger, for all of his faults, isn't exactly JaMarcus Russell.
    2. Welker was still good before he partnered with Brady. His average yards per catch were almost exactly the same. And he had shitty Daunte Culpepper and the immortal Joey Harrington throwing him the ball.
    3. I would argue that while Belichick sets the game plan, one thing he is not doing is calling the plays.
    4. Todd Haley was Sanders' OC last year. The same Haley that directed an over the hill Kurt Warner to a Super Bowl run.
    8. K, favorably comparing some nobody to the most physically talented receiver in the history of the game is ludicrous.

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because Roethlesberger is a giant pile of shit who can't throw. Or, you know, he is a guy with several Super Bowl rings and a proven franchise QB.

Welker had begun to establish a reputation as a fantastic receiver with the Dolphins before signing on with the Pats. Had he signed with the Colts, Packers, or any other team with a franchise QB, he'd have turned out to be almost the same Welker.

He'll learn how to cheat! Cheat at football, on his wife, at cards...

This dumb mother fucker thought Tim Tebow was going to be a franchise QB in the NFL. I don't give a shit if his offenses are amazing, this guy right here is dumber than virtually every stay-at-home fantasy football GM that has ever lived. While Belichick is a cheater, I also can't take away that he is a winner. Are you honestly telling me that McDaniels is the guy you're leaning on? Saying Belichick can make a difference I get. Sure, he cheats, but he gets results, damn it! McDaniels? Get the fuck out of here with this McDaniels shit. Once you draft Tim Tebow to be your franchise QB, you should have to turn in your god damned football coach card for life. That's what it seems like the entire Jets franchise has chosen to do...

1 might be valid, can't ever knock Brady as a QB, one of the top 3 to ever play the game.
    2 was stupid Pats fan posturing that, of course, no player could be good outside the mighty Greatriot system.
    3 Bellichick is a very good coach, but also an EXCEPTIONALLY impatient one. Sanders drops one pass in a game or fumbles once in a remotely critical moment, he'll spend the rest of his career drying Belichick's sweaty ball sack after he fucks an underage prostitute
    4 is again, a monumental amount of horse shit. McDaniels will never, ever be respected again, nor will he (or should he) ever sniff a head coaching position after the Tebow debacle

He is still young and prone to mistakes that will make Brady and Belichick want to take turns fucking his mother in front of him while he cries that he'll never drop a pass again, HE SWEARS! STOP FUCKING HIS MOM!

Read my response to number 5.

[/quote]

Every time the Patriots bring in a guy to be their "big" wide receiver that will "stretch the field" and even try to replace Randy Moss, they fail miserably. How's Brandon Lloyd doing? Chad Johnson? Deion Branch?

I won't say Moss was a fluke, but he was a fluke for the Patriots system. They work best when they are a quick pass, possession-receiver system that focuses on yards after catch. One of the things Brady is best at is dropping quickly and getting the ball out of his hands fast to a receiver. That is why Welker has led them in receptions and yards the past few years: he is the guy that got the routes that Brady loves to throw: quick passes designed to get the receiver the ball quickly in space.

Their system benefited from Moss's ability to go long, and Brady had a field day with him, but unless they find another player at the same level as Moss (and they won't), they're better off focusing on what they're good at. If they just want a guy that runs fast and can stretch the field, they can always get Devin Hester. I hear he might be in need.

Sorry to go all KIMaster on this shit, but I just had to.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saying that Sanders has never had much of an impact is misleading. Anyone around the league would have characterized him as a top 30 to 50 receiver the last few years. He's just been on a receiver-rich team, because talent, and particularly talent by position, is not evenly distributed across teams. In the absence of a true vertical threat, this is clearly a huge plus if the Steelers don't match. He also is coming in very cheap to a team with plenty of options.

Prior to New England, Welker was a third receiver, albeit a talented one, on a mediocre team more known for his return abilities than his pass catching.

And Branch as a big fast guy to spread the field? C'mon D26. He's a crafty reliable possession receiver.

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't saying he was a big fast guy. He was an example of someone they brought in to fill the "Randy Moss void" they've been dying to fill since Moss left, but of course he couldn't. Now this guy is someone to fill the "Randy Moss void."

Problem is, no one can fill that void. Randy Moss is a future hall of fame WR who was at the top of his game.

Remember everyone creaming their pants at the idea of Lloyd in that offense? How'd that go again?

The fact is, The Patriot system is set up not just for good or talented guys, but for the incredibly football smart guys. Welker, by all accounts, was Brady's favorite because that guy knew exactly where to go and never made mistakes in his routes. It is also why Brady loved Branch. If a new guy steps in and can't hack it in terms of learning the system, they won't ever get any kind of looks. Ask Chad Johnson or Brandon Lloyd.

Point being: this guy better study his ass off and learn his routes, cause Belichick and Brady have exceptionally little patience for pet projects or guys that can't keep up.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that's he's Randy Moss, but Brandon Lloyd caught 74 passes for over 900 yards last season. That ain't chopped liver.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh man you guys absolutely slay me. Can't I be excited for five minutes? The Patriots are getting a guy that can play a role better than anyone else they've had on the team to play it since Randy Moss. Not comparing him to Randy Moss. Wes Welker was not Wes Welker before he was the Patriots Wes Welker. Tom Brady makes everyone better, even his coach. End of story.

See you in the Superbowl Jimmy!

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's definitely had an effect on improving young Eli Manning.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is fucking brutal. Seriously? Too soon.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Romo signed a $100 mill deal? WHAT?!! I don't know what they're smokin' down in Dallas but it must be some top knotch shit. Nothing but the best for Jerry and his kids.

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: 2013 NFL Season

From what I read he will never actually collect anywhere near that amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.