Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013 MLB Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Crown Royal, Mar 31, 2013.

1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great game last night, but did anyone else roll their eyes at Big Tits McGee throwing the kid's homerun ball back? Great on FSSW for making it up to him.

2. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My fantasy team name: Josh Hamilton's Relapse. I'm starting to think it might be happening.

Hawk Harrelson is the fucking worst. Listening to him bitch about how statistics are bullshit and the only statistic he cares about is "The Will to Win" makes me want to punch him in his old face. That's not a fucking statistic, asswipe! And no, the umpires are NOT all out to get the White Sox, they just kinda suck this year! They're a team that is old and slow as fuck, and their farm system is full of more shit than an entire field of septic tanks.

If the White Sox were smart, they'd blow this team the fuck up. Trade fucking everybody and restock that farm system. Live with the fact that the next two years are lost causes, and rebuild. They have some decent pitchers they can get something for. If Peavy stays decent, he's good trade bait. Rios has been their best player, and even with his contract they can probably move him to a contender at the deadline. Floyd is up and down but still trade-able. I'd say their entire starting rotation is trade-able.

They aren't going to win shit this year, or next year. Accept it, and rebuild that farm system.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Blame the Cubs' fans for starting that stupid fad, and the morons who copy such a worthless act. "I don't need this ball!!!! It was hit by a guy not wearing the same jersey as me! Take THAT professional, famous millionaires!!!!"

Apparently it was his sister, in that case fuck her and the fans encouraging her to do it. Living heart donors.

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I actually remember this douche bag as a player, I was only 5 or 6 years old and thought "What the fuck is wrong with this guy?"

He had "Hawk" emblazoned across the back of his uniform instead of his last name and traveled with something like 18 trunks like he was the queen of fucking England or something. And he really wasn't that good of a player...he hit 30HR twice and has a career line of .239 131 421. As an announcer he's the absolute worst I've ever heard...I'd rather listen to Tim McCarver and he makes me want to climb a clock tower.

5. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not disagreeing with you..... But remember, without this we would never have the majesty of having Henry Rowengartner pitch for us.
    BTW.. They rarely throw the homerun balls back, they keep it and throw a hidden ball that they have stashed back. Somehow its even worse that way. I don't know how but it is. Out of all the traditions in Wrigleyville, one of which is chugging tremendous amounts of cock, this one is the gayest.

6. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was actually watching the A's game last night, what a blown call from Angel, I couldn't believe it really. Instant replay and you still get it wrong? How is that possible?

7. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So this is the third year in a row that I've been excited about the Indians chances to be competitive early in the season. The last two years have not been kind to my optimism, but here I am again. If they have a complete melt down in the second half of the season again I'm going to be really pissed at myself.

8. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I love how the Astros are basically a bunch of happy-go-lucky hapless teenagers on the league minimum.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlbgifs.com/2013/05/astros-lose-in-the-most-astros-way-ever/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlbgifs.com/2013/05/astros-l ... -way-ever/</a>

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, how many games can Jacoby Ellsbury sit with a sore pussy?

10. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Anyone seen the list of people that the MLB is allegedly looking to suspend due to their connection with that Biogenesis shit? It's nuts. What I'm curious about is whether or not guys like Melky Cabrera and Bartolo Colon will get popped twice. They served drug-related suspensions last year, so would the MLB have to prove that those failed drug tests were unrelated to Biogenesis?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/6/4/4396890/alex-rodriguez-ryan-braun-suspensions-mlb-ped-biogenesis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/6/4/43 ... biogenesis</a>

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry Sox fans, despite his talent he must be the biggest pussy in sports since Matt Geiger. I've seen soccer players that react more manly to being bumped into than this poof.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Holy shit! Did anyone see the Dodgers/D'Backs brawl tonight? It was 1988 all over again. Don Mattingly threw Alan Trammell to the ground, and then McGwire got into it with Kirk Gibson and Matt Williams, both at the same time. It was quite a sight and quite honestly I wouldn't want to fuck with McGwire even if I were Matt Williams or Kirk Gibson, he was seriously pissed.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the Rangers don't stop running the bases like retarded third graders my liver is going to die.

14. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A's swept the season series from the Yankees. Sometimes it is the little things that make a week worthwhile.

Here is to the Rangers continuing to run the bases like retarded third graders. The A's are not that strong to just run off with the AL West.

15. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't.
    My heart hurts so much.

16. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks for the wins, Texas (and Colorado).

It'd be nice to keep winning; though my understanding is there's simply too many teams between the Jays and the Wild Card for it to be attainable regardless even if the team starts to 'put it together' outside of this win streak.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Lots of talent, no chemistry. That's what I saw the problem as this year. Every team has a win streak now and then, this won't mean anything to me unless they 180 the entire half-assed effort they've put forth this year.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man on second, bottom of the 12th, 2 outs, full fuckin extension to save the game. Padres get two in the top of the 13th and win.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=28124669" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=28124669</a>

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's six games in June. That's totally doable, I just wouldn't bet on it. Between this and the Angels, though, not a good couple of years for super teams.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Shades of the greatest catch in the history of the game:

...nobody but Edmonds could have tracked a dead ball at 90 degrees like that. It was an impossible catch.

#60 Crown Royal, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015