Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013 Fantasy Footfall and Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Change the money back to $200, when you bump the money up, all you're actually doing is scaling up and inflating prices. The budget really means nothing unless you're continuing throughout the season to do bids on waivers and trades, and we're not that hardcore. Keep it two WR, and then just WR/RB. There aren't that many good receiving TEs.

2. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with the budget, but I think I'll drop it to $225, but up from $200. I remember last year the last 4 rounds of bids barely got above $10 and I'd like to add at least a little more meat to bid in the later rounds.
    I'll drop it back to only two WR's but ill keep the flex at WR/RB/TE in case someone wants to get two premium TE's instead of paying for a top WR or RB.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah this works. In one of my personal leagues, I kicked it up to $300 and it was a disaster. I think 225 or even 215 would make those last rounds less miserable as long as people don't see the extra cash to fuck with people. Well, we know who those assholes are already.

4. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quick update, if anyone sends any funds from here on out, please send it as a payment and not as a gift. Got a message from Paypal today saying I can't abuse their "gift money" option and I don't want to deal with any of their bullshit.

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if you did, but if you link a bank account and enter your social security # on their website most of their bullshit goes away. Like the limit of $300-500 (Don't remember exactly)you could transfer to your bank account per month.

6. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here are the teams so far.

1. Popped Cherries
    2. Parker
    3. Zyron
    4. Ssycko
    5. Hooiser
    6. Iczorro
    7. Jprue
    8. Morecowbell

Kojack has asked for a spot so has Flat Rate and Bob the Builder. If all that comes through, we have 1 spot left.

Just a reminder, Draft day is Sept 2nd (Labor Day) 8 or 9 pm depending on how many west coast people are in the league.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I am still in, just being a dirt bag about getting the money over, should have it on Friday.

8. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Free_Corps has requested the last spot, so once everyone gets their money in, it looks like we have a full league.

9. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody interested in forming a free league? I've not done the auction draft a d don't know that I'd be available to pick a team so didn't want to spend my hard earned cash until I got my feet wet.

10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Auction drafts are really easy. You have set amount of money to spend on your whole team. Everyone takes turns nominating players, and then you bid on who you want. Highest bid wins that player.
    If one of the people who haven't paid yet falls through, you should reconsider playing.

11. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Keep me posted if a spot opens up. I wasn't sure that I'd be available to do the draft live, but we'll see. Sounds like you may have tightened up the timeframe which would help

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How long does it say our draft will be? I reduced nomination time and bid time in my Yahoo League and it went from 3 hours to like 1.75.

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know where the option to check that is, but with the cut in nomination and bidding time, I can't imagine it being longer than an hour and a half.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yahoo just says it when you're fiddling with the time. NFL.com may not.

15. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am paid up, I had to cut down on the number of leagues I was in this year when I realized I would have over 250 in fees.

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night and if you host your draft party there they give you your own section and 100 dollar gift card, not a bad deal except all of my leagues have guys spread all over the country.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As the draft is rapidly approaching, I just want it to be known that 8/29 is going to be the last day I will hold the remaining two spots before I either open it up to 2 new people, or cut the league down to 10 teams. If anyone is interested in joining, please send me a PM and I'll put you on the alt. list. Also, if you know someone outside of TiB that would want a spot and we need to fill one open spot quickly, I'd have no issue bringing someone in that's not on the board.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just realized this thread is named 2013 Fantasy Footfall and Draft Thread.

18. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's looking like there is one spot that's going to go unfilled so if anyone wants to step up and take the last spot, PM me for details.

19. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am sort of possibly interested, but my issue is that I have no idea how to do the auction draft thing and am not sure that I will be able to participate in the actual draft. And while I like you guys quite a bit, I don't feel like just giving you my hard earned money just for being you. So, how is it done (google+ chat?)? Time is Labor Day at 7 EST, right? How long do you think it will take?

20. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The auction is all done through the site just like a regular draft. We all have a "bank account" of money and click the bid button to place a bid on a player. Whoever bids the highest, wins that player. The next player in line votes for the next player to be bid on and it continues like that until everyone has drafted all their positions, plus their bench.

Draft starts at 8pm EST and will probably take about an hour and a half.

You can participate in a mock auction draft through just about every site that offers fantasy football if you want to familiarize yourself with the auction draft style.

<a class="postlink" href="http://fantasy.nfl.com/draftcenter/mockdrafts?leagueId=1903851" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fantasy.nfl.com/draftcenter/mock ... Id=1903851</a>

you can try a draft here.