Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2013-2014 NCAA football thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by McSmallstuff, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Georgia gave away the game to Clemson, fucking butter fingers on the field goal.

Gamecocks won so that's all I give a shit about, but please just stop with the Clowney hype please, stop already. He isn't winning the trophy, get over it.

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't watch a lot but I did watch Washington vs. Boise State for no other reason than to see renovated Husky Stadium. If you ask Chris Peterson what it looks like, he'd probably say "a slaughterhouse". Washington's offense ran as fast as Oregon's. I think that when Washington plays Oregon,, the winner will be whichever defense doesn't puke its guts out first.

3. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Georgia really did fuck up a perfect weekend for me. Get ready for some major Clowney hype. UGA's left tackle was a turnstile and clemson's D is god awful.

4. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably a lot farther than Christian can throw a ball down-field accurately.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Note to self, don't bet on Florida. Good god they should be up at least 10 right now, Driskell is absolutely terrible. Defense looks decent, but what the hell.

Also, Cincinnati getting railroaded by FUCKING ILLINOIS??!?! I need to go back to bed

6. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BYU giving Texas a fit at the moment. I am just hoping that BYU can score and go up by 17 before the half cause I have to think Texas will make some adjustments at half. BYU is just not that good. Props to Texas for willing to go to Provo to play. That altitude will make it tough on flatlanders. If you combine that with a pretty rabid (and sober) crowd it is a pretty good home field.

7. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BYU gave Texas more than just a fit and I absolutely love it.

Oklahoma is not looking good at all. Knight cannot pass the ball for shit and I'm willing to bet that Blake Bell will be named starter for the upcoming game against Tulsa. OU's defense looks shaky at best, as they gave the WVU quarterback entirely too much time to throw. Josh Heupel may want to dust off that resume because his second game calling the plays for offense was absolutely terrible.

8. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fire Kiffin. Today.
    I always supported him because he took a team that was on probation and missing scholarships to a 10-2 season and helps keep recruits we otherwise would have lost. But now it's just ridiculous. You can't go into a season flip flopping between quarterbacks and switching them whenever one has a bad half. Figuring out who is better is what practice is for.
    And we have the best receiver in the country, plus Nelson Agholar is going to be a beast and our running backs are well above average. And somehow the only points we score are off turnovers. We would have been better off taking three knees and punting every drive.
    And if I see another screen pass I might throw something through my tv. The most overly conservative play calling in history.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck this whole weekend. At least Athens remains a fun town.

10. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Him and Kiffin are apparently battling for that title.

12. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It has been seven long years since Fresno State has even led a game against Boise State. By god they lead now in the 3rd quarter 31-19. I would be so nice for FSU to knock them off and get ranked.

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was closer than I would like, but Fresno State beat Boise State 41-40 to remain undefeated and in a position to be a BCS Bowl Buster. Damn that would mean so much to the program if it were to happen. Plus there are so many local kids in the Fresno program that it is just fun to root for them.

14. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Holy cow. Having watched the MSU-ND game, I really feel for Lucas Jackson. If the MSU offense was even at C+/B- level, they would be top 10. They are comically inept.

Speaking of ineptitude, the UT-UF game was a comedy of errors. Good lord. Nobody won.

15. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And a starting QB was lost, for the year, in that clusterfuck. Hopefully the backup will step up.

16. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How did Notre Dames defense completely forget how to play football? And god Reese is bad.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck! Georgia!!!! Loving my alma mater right now!

18. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aaron Murray is basically forced to do his best Tom Brady impression with his ragtag supporting cast on offense, they are struggling. Good win for Mizzou though, its been a good start to the year.

19. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And looks like Mizzou will still be undefeated after next Saturday.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stanford what the fuck? Really we are going to be beat by Utah?

Better news, I am off to see Fresno State next weekend against UNLV, they are looking to be a BCS buster team this year. I am not exactly sure they are deserving of it, but I will take it any year they get the chance.

I will probably get a chance to see Air Force this year in Colorado Springs. They are my favorite academy team to watch, but are not having the best of seasons. That said, regardless of what college football teams you watch, you should find time to follow one of the academy teams as they really are the finest examples of collegiate sports. There is no redshirt years ( for the most part) grades have to be kept up, and the teams usually play very smart, they just are outclassed physically.