Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From what reports are saying, Pats started working on the Amendola deal as soon as Welker started exploring his options. I'm thinking maybe it went like this: Welker asks for more, Pats don't give it to him, they start working on Amendola, Welker lowers his demands as he realizes no team will pay him what he originally wanted, and the Pats said "We don't need you anymore." Then he ends up signing for Denver.

Brady will make it work with Amendola, he's made it work with far worse guys. I for one am looking forward to fewer third down dropsies.

Also, please re-sign Talib.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Of course T'eo would interview with the 'Packers. Have you heard him talk? Promise you the dude is just begging to "back up" Clay Matthews.

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its honestly awesome how fast the Greatriot nation turned on Welker.

"That faakher didn't resign with us for the league minimum! Doesn't he want to play for the Greatriot Nation!? FACK HIM! HE DRAWPS AWL THE PASSES!"

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: 2012 NFL Season

Guy at my new job is a die hard Pats fan, he pretty much stated the above to me when I brought up Welker. One of the worst decisions the Pats have made.

Here's hoping Peyton hits him for 2000 yards.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is a incredibly small population. I went to grab a drink at the local Boston bar. People were showing Facebook feeds from their fans and talking about how the Greatriot Nation is really taking it. People who actually watch football are taking it pretty hard and aren't shitting on him.

For the people that are backlashing are doing so because he went to play Peyton Manning. Patriots hate Peyton Manning more than we hate Benard Pollard who is in a very, very close second. Like why couldn't he have gone to the NFC? Think about Wes Welker with the Bears? What about the Green Bay Packers? Hell I'd be okay with him going to the Ravens more than the Broncos. Fucking Peyton Manning.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Speaking of fanbases taking bad news, how are Broncos fans taking this Dumervil fuckup?

7. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Word on the street is that this was all on Doom's agent. According to a Bill Simmons article today, Dumervil promptly fired him over the weekend.

It sucks, but I don't think it's the worst thing that could have happened. They could still find a way to replace him with another pass-rusher and salvage the situation. Replacing that kind of talent and production will be very difficult, but he isn't a complete game-changer like Von Miller. And certainly wasn't worth $12 million.

I'm curious who Dumervil ends up signing with. Which teams out there still have cap room for someone like him?

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Pats, Giants, and Falcons will all be calling (or at least, until it's determined where Osi, Freeney, and Abraham are going).

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There has never been a star that has left a team and not had some bitter people come out and say "good riddance."

However, I think you're not seeing the widespread feeling. Having grown up in New England and having the vast majority of my friends be Patriots fans, I saw/talked to dozens of people from "Greatriot Nation" who were nothing but disappointed to see Welker go. My Facebook feed was full of "best of luck to Welker" type comments.