Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wasn't on Cutler, it was their O-Line. Now you shouldn't talk trash to a team you haven't had a fair rivalry against in the last 3 years, but he got no time. Jwags is a little more riled up about this but he's right. Cutler doesn't say anything he gets nailed with "He doesn't care about the game, he doesn't want to play." Cutler goes off on his shitty O-Line "He's letting his emotions get the best of him." If that was Brady, Brees or Rodgers (The Lord God Almighty Himself) they would have said "He's showing his passion and showing leadership!"

They also didn't try enough screens/bubble screens, draw plays or quick slants. Tice's play calling seemed a little Martz-ian in terms of the pass plays. It didn't seem like any pass play was going for anything shorter than 10 or 15 yards. Nothing to make the defense scared to rush more than 3-4 people. And on those plays when they only rushed 3, well they just shit the bed. Silver lining - nice pick-up with Michael Bush.

2. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somebody down here brought up a good point about Marshall.

Never throw to him when he is open and/or in the endzone.

3. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

O line gets no pass, but there is a difference between trying to motivate a teammate to do better or even call them out than by getting in their face on the field in front of the whole team. Thats the difference between being a whiny bitch and being a good leader.

Cutler is overrated. Always has been. Thats not his fault.

4. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you how many times ive heard Bear fans say this today? Do y'all get a flyer or something after the games?

O line sucked. Fact. Against a really good team. Put it in perspective, which i know is difficult. The sacks are on the oline. 2 of the 3 INT are on Cutler. 1 on the wr for standing there like he was waiting for a bus. Until Cutler does his job as a QB, then he can save the tantrums for the sidelines or team meetings. because he gets frustrated at himself or his oline is not an excuse for him to try and embarrass a grown ass man in the middle of the field. Marino used to do this, especially at the end of his career and I lost a lot of respect for him because of it. After he tore his Achilles, Dan refused to accept he couldnt throw it like he used to and kept trying to throw that deep out and it kept getting picked off for a Pick6.

And there are different rules for elite QB's. Cutler is not, has not been and probably never will be anything close to elite. Yes, their past performance and success gives Brees and Manning and Brady the right to call out teammates, but they would NEVER do it in the middle of the field in the middle of a game.

The entire oline shoulda just faked a knee injury and sat out the second half....

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I had to listen to the game on Sirus and watch the highlights on ESPN. I should have done what I had planned on doing which was go to a friends place, who is from Chicago and a huge fan (and who had been talking shit all fucking week) and watched him scream at his TV. DAMMIT!

After watching them shit the bed last weekend this was a welcome reminder of how they play. The next time they play I'LL FUCKING BE THERE. I cannot wait.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Marshall. Yes, there were drops (that's part of the package with him. He's always been near the top in drop %). But there was also double coverage, meaning that he wasn't getting a ton of targets. He had only 5 targets, about half his average over the last three years and a third of Week 1. He also got fewer looks as a percentage of Cutler's passes (5/27 vs 15/35).

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stevan Ridley, I want to have your babies.

8. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eli, you know you're throwing to the guys in blue, right?

9. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't be the only one waiting for Andy Reid to say diabeetus.

Michael Vick is going to be a grease spot if this shit continues. Jesus.

10. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know how it took me so long to realize that Josh McDaniels is a retard. Running a sweep on third and 1, great plan. I'll take No Huddle for $500.

11. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Oh sweet lord are you kidding me? New England is going to give me a heart attack.

12. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks refs. I needed that like I needed a grapefruit spoon in my cornea.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, as bad as Eli looked on some passes in the first quarter, he was almost perfect in the second half.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kicker karma sucks. But I'll take a Super Bowl bid over a Week 2 season opener loss that hasn't happened since 2001...or...fuck man this loss sucks huge balls. Huge balls.

Arizona underrated? Is this possible? That defense was pretty fucking solid.

15. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meanwhile, Dallas has been attempting to stick their own dicks in their asses and fucking itself from the get go. Go Seahawks!

16. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I just floors me how the Vikings pass defense can be so godawful year after year.

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Seattle gets called for holding after missing Dallas' holds, I'm going to lose my shit.

18. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What a fucking terrible pass interference call against the Steelers. They are letting Holmes make the calls.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WTF was with the play calling in the last couple minutes of the Patriots game? Ridley is tearing it up all game and you decide that you couldn't, maybe, possibly use those few extra yards before the field goal?

Jesus.

Bills looked solid, though. That looks like the defense everyone thought they should have. Fitzpatrick was sketchy, but Spiller seems to be making up for Jackson being missing. I'll take it.