Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Once the Red Rifle overthrew that play with both Ed Reed and Pollard down there, I was thinking "He's going to get a pick if they keep it up, he's smelling blood." Next play, "Pick 6." Ray Lewis looking good too. Oh boy.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, it's probably over now.

3. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Turn on the Reds. Tied in the 9th.

The Bengals never, ever match the Ravens' intensity. Anytime we beat them, it's because the Ravens throw up on themselves.

That personal foul call on the Dalton hit was probably one of the top five worst football calls I've ever seen.

Why the fuck does the kickoff even exist anymore? Our guy is catching balls with one foot out the back of the endzone. At least do what college ball is doing and place a touchback at the 25.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am so jittery about this game tonite. Bears looked great after an early hiccup on Sunday, Packers looked vulnerable. I look at the Packers giving up almost 400 yards of offense to Alex Smith and the Niners, and think of the reinvigorated Bears offense and get really excited. But then again, its still the Packers, and its still Lambeau. Should be a hell of a game.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm excited for it. I started Cutler again in the league I have him in, counting on a shoot out. No way green bay is that bad offensively two games in a row. I just hope Citler and the Bears don't shit the bed, as they have a tendency to do in prime time, and at Lambeau Field.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck. What the fuck was that retarded pre-game segment? I rather fuck myself with my own dick than watch that retarded "He's a beast" segment ever again in my life. It took 5 minutes for me to hate the NFL Network. Holy fuck...god that was retarded.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So do all you people actually get the NFL network or do you have some secret knowledge that informs you where to go on the internet or something to watch the game? Because personally I don't like NFL network games because I can't watch them unless I go to a bar.

8. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have the NFL network, not that it matters. This game has been a shot show. Oh, and Cutler is sucking hard... Of course.

9. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I traded Nelson away and played Jones over Torrey Smith at the last second. That's looking like the two worst fantasy decisions I've made yet.

10. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cutler is an above average QB. Look at the year he had in Denver with Marshall and a good offensive line.

The issue this game is that the Packers might as well be lining up in Chicago's backfield. I've seen swinging bar doors that have stopped people better than the Bears offensive line.

The past three years, everyone has been screaming that the Bears need to upgrade their offensive line, and every year, they address every single position on their team BESIDES THEIR AWFUL FUCKING OFFENSIVE LINE! It is hard to run the ball without blockers, and it is hard to pass the ball when you can't stay upright. Every single drop back that Cutler had in that 1st half, there was someone in his face, hitting him, or outright sacking him.

If Cutler had any kind of offensive line, with these wide receivers, he'd be a top 12 QB.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He'd be better than top 12. Did you see him escape the pocket and give himself options on those last drives? He has fantastic feet and mobility. He's not a top 3 QB, but the only QBs I can say I'd absolutely take over him are Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Manning, and probably Stafford. Otherwise I'd put him there with Rivers, Schaub, Flacco, Vick, and Newton. The problem is we've not seen Cutler with a serviceable O-Line yet, and this is the first year he has had any weapons at WR. People are too quick to pile on because he doesn't play nice with the media and thus is vilified.

Also, fuck Clay Matthews. This has nothing to do with the game tonite. Its every game. How does he get away with jumping on QB's backs and body slamming the shit out of them? He's a roided up douchebag. My roommate thinks its cause he's a white LB. Its racist but might be right.

12. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

So, his statline is awful tonight, but I can't watch the game. Are you saying that he's playing better than his statline would indicate?

13. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, considering he has been sacked 8 times, and he hasn't thrown a single pass without getting crushed afterward, I'd still say he isn't having a good game. The issue is that he literally cannot stay upright to save his life.

Green Bay has spent all their time in the Bears backfield. The Bears offensive line might be the worst in football, and that is saying something considering teams like The Colts and Dolphins.

By the way, as horribly as Cutler has been beaten today, can people still call him out for not being 'tough' enough? Vick would've been out of that game after the 1st quarter.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you live in the market, by broadcast rules, it HAS to be shown on a local channel. So everyone in Chicago and Green Bay got it on a local channel, but it was still the NFL Network. If you weren't in the market, you weren't going to see it unless you have the NFL Network.

Wow. Cutler lost his shit the second half and started making terrible plays. Next time Cutler needs to shut his mouth before going into Green Bay. Jefferies and Marshall were pretty much on lockdown except for that dropped Marshall pass. That injury to Forte sucks. Well now Cutler is 1-6, throwing more interceptions against the Packers than any other team.

Jesus, those arms on Matthews are fucking huge. I'd be scared to masturbate if I had those arms.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't say he was playing better, but like D26 said, he couldn't do shit. The first offensive play of the game he got bumrushed for a 12 yd loss. He was doing the same thing he always does, move well in the pocket, try to extend plays, get right back up when he gets hammered. But that doesn't really mean much overall. He did throw an absolutely perfect ball in the end zone which Marshall dropped. The second half he got understandably frustrated and tried to make stuff happen. His second pick wasn't his fault, Bennett stood there and waited for the ball to come to him and Woodson jumped the ball starting 10 yds back. The announcers defended Cutler for awhile on that one. Then he blatantly underthrew Marshall for the 3rd, that was bad. And the last one was an incomplete pass, but they didn't challenge cause who gives a shit.

Marshall and Jeffries got locked up because Cutler had no time. You can jam the shit out of guys at the line when you don't have to worry about them getting behind you cause there is no time for a long ball. I'll get on Cutler when he is playing like shit, but throwing picks from behind in games they're out of, doesn't bother me. The first half was all on the O-Line. The D played well, they were a fluke fake FG away from being a score behind. But the offense didn't move cause the Bears have a middle school O-line.

But I can't wait for a good 2 days about how much Cutler sucks and how he talks too much. I really would have liked to see him against fucking Sam Shields if he had any time at all.

16. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow...you mean Bears fans were a LITTLE over confident after beating up on the team with the top pick in the draft last week? No!!!! What did I say? Not as good (Bears) and not as bad (Packers) as you think after week 1.

And Bears fans? Welcome to Brandon Marshall. 9 catches against an inferior opponent (1 dropped TD) then 2 catches in a big game (another dropped TD)

And if I was that Bears offensive lineman, I would have let my DE have a free pass at Cutler's knees after is bullshit tantrum. Notice how he kept his mouth shut that second half after whipping a couple TD's.

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jeffery. Jeffery. Once you get that down, welcome to a world of every single announcer getting his name wrong every single time.

18. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He dropped three touchdowns in week one. He got mugged on two of them but had his hands on all three and probably should have caught it. Considering that he is my WR1 in fantasy, I find four dropped TD's frustrating

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do the OL get a pass and this is on Cutler? They are fucking TERRIBLE at their job and its resulting in their QB taking a beating. What is he supposed to do, pat them on the butt and say get them next time? Its a lose-lose for Cutler. Say nothing and nothing changes. Say something and maybe nothing still changes (cause they are terrible), but then people say you are a terrible leader.

Listen, Cutler has his faults, plenty. But instead of people saying "he tries to force things when the Bears are trailing" or "he moves his feet too much and throws flat footed at times", its "Cutler is a whiny bitch" or "Cutler is the worst QB/leader ever". It gets fucking old. Especially from Packer fans who compare him to Rodgers. Great, Rodgers is the best fucking QB in the league, of course Cutler isn't Rodgers, that doesn't make him fucking Matt Leinart.

20. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Aaron Rodgers welched on his bet to wear a Niners Jersey if he lost last Sunday. Pfft, asshole. You make a bet, you pay the debt.