Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HAH! The Packers are at the bottom of the division. Sweet mother I'm loving this.

2. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Loved him last season too. Those 6- and 7-yarders add up quick. He's like a bigger, faster Kevin Faulk with his versatility.

I really like Cam Newton, but he sure racks up a lot of yards in games they lose. Although that first ball should never have been picked. As my Pop Warner coach used to say, it hits your hands, you catch it, no exceptions. (The second ball should never have been thrown - double coverage on a lob to the sideline? Come on, Cam.)

3. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go on... slowly.

4. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And welcome to Overreaction Monday.

Only 1 thing is certain: Your team is NOT that good/bad.

Relax. Take a deep breath. Long way to go.

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Already talk of Denver winning the super bowl...... Really? One game in and now I have to listen to how Peyton Manning is winning the super bowl? Fuck between that and the constant Tebow talk I am close to just watching the games on mute.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I gotta be honest: On draft night, I was thinking, "OK, I know Dont'a Hightower is good, but who the hell is Chandler Jones?"

I know it's just the preseason and one game, but it's really nice to see the two of them have such an immediate impact. Chris Johnson limited to 4 yards on 11 carries? Great start for the Pats.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#67 iczorro, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bullshit, the Jets are putting up 48 errry game!
    This is probably the best-balanced all around team Manning has ever had. Peyton is playing as Peyton. Ask the Giants and Packers, all you need is 9 wins and a playoff berth. Can't say that's an overrection, just anything is possible barring injuries.
    Ah...I know right? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then again I think the Titan's O-Line has gotten worse just a little. The Pats were on them terribly quick with no holes for CJ to even get any daylight.
    He's going to get better. NFL.com had a headline up Sunday morning that said "5 Teams that aren't are worse than you think" with Cam's pretty face as the picture. Brandon LaFell and who, that's all I'm saying.

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uh...Naane is on the Dolphins now. Though I suspect, not for long.

And dont sleep on TB. Schiano has put an end to all the bullshit they were getting away with and they look like they are back to their form of a couple years ago. Vincent Jackson is going to make a big difference on their offense and their defense has been underachieving under the old Raheem Regime.

I bet you see the same thing out of Cincy tonight. I think Baltimore took another stop forward and the Bengals are going to have a bit of a sophomore slump.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

That is what I had posted on Friday in regards to SF.

For fuck sake that was just god awful. Rodgers wasn't even there. They were out of sync the entire fucking game. They just looked like shit and that's all there is to it. If they play that way on Thrusday night they'll deserve to get their asses kicked by the damn Bears.

And don't even get me started on how the officials are impacting EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME. Someone needs to write the checks and get shit back on track. They are literally going to ruin the season, on their own, if something doesn't happen quick. Write the checks already you stupid fucksticks.

I'd almost consider blowing Goodell at this point.

I just found this. It makes my blood boil. Fuck man.

11. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to make you matter, but you do also understand that this is over $2,000,000. Yep. That's NFL chump change. Pretty sure the waterboys get paid that much. Jim Nantz has that much hiding under his balls. Roger Goddell has that in his car seat. There are no fucks given by the NFL.

12. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As Simmons said, it's like the baristas at Starbucks demanded a dollar above minimum wage, and Starbucks replaced them with homeless people. Fucking ridiculous.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, ultimately the issue is that none of us are going to stop watching because of the replacement referees and Roger Goodell knows that. It's likely no skin off his back if they're shitty.

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I understand this however, when the official has to stutter step over and over when trying to explain the OT rules due to a small change this year, man something needs to be done. They are causing games to run long and overlap, missing calls...we all know I could go on and on.

I thought Harbaugh was going to stroke out on the sideline yesterday. I guess, considering it's him isn't really saying much but jesus christ someone step the fuck up and make this shit right.

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They NFL is perfectly willing to fire the current crop of refs and just keep the replacements. At this point, unless the replacements blow a significant call and they can point at that call and say that it definitively changed the outcome of a game, the refs are completely and totally screwed. Even IF that happens, I'd bet anything that the NFL still won't budge. Unlike with the players, the referees have literally NO leverage in this situation. If the players aren't there, games don't happen, and no one makes money. If the refs aren't there, games go on with scabs, and everyone continues to print money and, ultimately, no one cares.

The players have a lot of leverage on the NFL, because without the players, the NFL doesn't exist. The NFL, however, can pretty much do whatever it wants when it comes to refs and coaches, and they have zero recourse. That is why the four players suspended for the bounty scandal are playing now, while Sean Payton is sitting at home screaming at his TV while Brees is completing 45% of his passes and his team is dominated by the Redskins.

Bottom line: unless the refs union realizes they absolutely cannot beat the NFL, and caves, expect more shoddy calls.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I know you're right and this is all 100% true but holy crap it sucks so bad. We have been waiting since Feb. for this bullshit. Maybe we are the stupid ones. Even if that's the case I can't NOT watch. It appears they win no matter what.

Is there even a slim to none chance this can ever happen? Will they run out of money? I ask because I'm not sure what they are paid while they are on strike. It can't be their full wage if they were actually calling games...can it?

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First, it isn't a strike, it is a lockout. That means that, technically, the referees would be willing to work, but the league won't let them. Second, many referees have day jobs, so when it comes to them not working, I don't think it is as awful for them as we may believe.

I think one of two things is going to happen:

1) The NFL flat out fires every single referee that is currently a member of the referee union. Any of them willing to cross the line can be rehired by the NFL, and some will, but most of the games will still be handled by the current replacement refs until they are up to speed (likely an entire season worth of shitty calls).

2) The Referee union caves and returns to work.

At this point, I honestly don't know which is more likely. The referees have to know they don't have any leverage at all, but at the same time, they're likely thinking that as long as there is outrage over the replacement refs being awful, they can get some. I don't know if the NFL can flat out fire them all without some kind of legal issue coming up, but I know that the NFL won't hesitate to do it if they can.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ravens look mad they shit their chance to the Superbowl away.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like the Raven's only goal today is to prove that Flacco is as good as he says he is. They are throwing the ball all over the place.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

*watches Ed Reed return a pick 6*

.....Yes, yes it is.