Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pats win, Giants lost. It doesn't take the sting out of the Superbowl, but it's a step in the right direction.

2. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard B Marshall has dropped a couple again today, including a TD.

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, Cutler targeted Marshall in the end zone twice on plays from the 1, and in both cases Marshall was mugged by the defense and pass interference was called. Marshall has actually had a really, really good game.

After the way they started, they pulled their shit together in a big bad way, and pretty much destroyed the Colts after those first two offensive series.

4. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, the 49ers got totally fucked on that helmet penalty.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5 minutes in and I'm already pretty sure Harbaugh is going to murder one of these replacement officials.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He looked like he really really wished he had brass knuckles on.

The Vikings? They're gonna give me a fucking heart attack. I involuntarily screamed a guttural, "NOOOOOOOoooo!" When Jacksonville scored with 20 seconds left. And then we fucking won. I have no idea how. That 55 yard field goal to tie it up? Rookie kicker. Awesome.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't surprised about the Coachless Saints going down to the Redskins. The Redskins were a pretty damn good team without a QB. Mike Shanahan ain't no bitch. That is for sure, he's not going to get outgamed by players. RG3 played pretty damn well and that Rookie RB did work.

That Patriots win was sweet. Both TEs getting action, and Stevan got some yards and a TD. I like that. I didn't see the first half of the Bears game, but they sure brought it together at the end.

The Bears went off near the end of that game. I think there is something exciting we'll see there.

This Packers - 49ers game is going to get pretty fucking chippy. Rodgers is still playing with some hate, that's good to watch. JH was about to murder some people. Also Joe Buck mentioned the replacement officials every goddamn minute. It's so annoying.

8. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's the roid rage

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This SF GB game is really great so far. Well played by both sides, and a 63 yarder off the cross bar and in for David Akers.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the most excited I've been about a Bears offense that I can remember. They haven't had a WR like Marshall in god knows how long and Jeffrey looks legit as well. Marshall made a great correction near the sideline to come back to the ball for a 15 yd game and I literally stood up in my seat cause Bears WR normally don't make that play. Cutler made a few bad throws, but I liked his confidence and his composure. Defense needs some work though.

Oh, and I hope this means RG3 is the real deal, cause I'm a big fan.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jermichael Finley has hands made out of cinder blocks. Randall Cobb is exciting, though.

12. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't think the refs in the Chicago/Indy game were that bad, but the refs in this Green Bay/San Francisco are fucking awful. I mean just really, really, really bad. Flags are coming out well after a play is over, refs are picking up flags for obvious fouls, and then calling some really petty shit. Honestly, this is the game that the real refs are going to point to in their negotiations, and I wouldn't be surprised if both coaches are on the phone with their owners and Goodell about how abysmal the refs were.

Edit: and they missed a pretty blatant facemask on that sack of Rodgers.

Edit 2: Then they cut to Seattle/Arizona just in time to see Seattle (apparently) get a magical 4th time out as they're driving in the last two minutes and down by 4. What a cluster fuck.

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It does look like the replacement refs are going to throw a late pass interference flag every time someone complains hard enough

14. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jermichael Finley would probably catch as many passes if his arms were cut off and only had his chin and chest to use. And yet, Rodgers would STILL throw it to the fuckin' guy. I don't get it.

Not to mention the fact he flops like a soccer douche. Congratulations, here's your Most Valuable Actor award, dickweed.

15. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Yeah, but your job is to be a desk ridden fuckstick leech, not an elite athlete. Considering how last time he played in Denver he lost his gall bladder and spleen i can see why the steelers would be cautious.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Holy shit, my boys beat the Saints on the road. Did not see THAT on the agenda.

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Idiot ref momentarily allowed the Broncos to decline a false start penalty on the Steelers. Honestly I don't see the that the refs are replacements as the main problem; more that the refs I've seen making stupid errors are just old. The NBA has the same issue.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, Peyton is still Peyton. We can stop talking about it now. He knocked the cobwebs off and go to work.

Wonder how much of RG3's performance is motivated from all this "Andrew Luck is going to be a better QB." He lit it up. That shit is awesome. He does have a better coaching staff and that zone blocking scheme that fucking always kills.

Did...I...just...see...Alex...Smith...outplay...Aaron...Rodgers? WTF? I know Bill Barnwell talked about regression up the ass, but the 49ers walked out and put their cock on the table.

Brandon Marshall is fucking sick. I don't care how crazy he is. Those last minute adjustments and fakeouts he puts on CBs is just not even right. Matt Forte is also playing great, they will be a pleasure to watch.

Oh...Stevan Ridley, I love you. I love you so fucking much. I'm pretty sure every Patriot's fan feels the same way. We haven't seen a guy like you in forever in New England. Don't fumble please and you'll be a deity.

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Coaches are always trying to put one over on the refs, I'm pretty sure he knew he couldn't decline a false start but was trying to pull a fast one.

In other thoughts, I wonder if the reason Shegirl hasn't posted about today's game is because she smashed her computer in a fit of rage.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is amazing how Colts fans are acting around here. "Oh my god, I can't believe they got rid of Peyton! Peyton is so amazing! ZOMG I'm a Broncos fan now!"

I keep having to explain to these morons that the Colts are rebuilding, and there is zero point in having Peyton Manning leading a rebuilding team. Why in god's name would the Colts keep Manning around when they have zero chance of being competitive, even with Manning at the helm. Besides that, the Colts line isn't that good, and Peyton would not be able to stay upright. They don't want to hear it, though. I've come to the conclusion that 85% of Colts fans were actually fair weather bullshit fans, and the day they try to go back and start rooting for the Colts once they're back contending again (I give it two years of playing like shit before they collect enough high draft picks), I'm going to tell them to go right out and fuck themselves.

Watching Green Bay lose was awesome. If you'd have told me that there would be one win less team in the NFC north after week 1, I'd have guessed Minnesota, NOT Green Bay. I'd love to see the Bears go into Green Bay and beat the Packers next week, see the Pack lose two at home this early in the season can only mean bad things. Part of their strength is that they simply do NOT lose at home, so losing two home games will really hurt them.

The Bears offense is finally going to be good, and perhaps better than Green Bay's. Green Bay doesn't have a running game to speak of, and while they desperately tried to get one going, they could not move the ball on the ground to save their lives. The Bears have a very strong run game and now they've got the passing game to go with it. If they can keep Cutler from getting killed, they're going to be a very good team.

The Saints losing at home, and getting utterly dominated by the Redskins, was shocking. Again, I think offensively they're not going to be nearly the team they were last year. I think people are greatly underestimating Sean Payton's affect on that team, as he was their play caller. Brees could audible, but Payton made the calls. People went into that game expecting a shootout, and they got Brees not even completing passes at a 50% rate. RGIII was also the only rookie that didn't PLAY like a rookie. Everyone talks about his legs, but he did it mostly with his arm.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of "teams everyone thought were going to be great but shit the bed week 1," hello Carolina, welcome to to the club.