Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 5, 2012.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's finally here!! FINALLY!!!

I say we swap out the NFL replacement officials with the college refs. Couldn't get much worse, right? I just talked to someone who was at the SeattlevOakland game last Thursday. He said the FIRST quater took 48 MINUTES due to penalties and challanges. What. The. Fuck.

PS Yes, I had started this thread yesterday but it was accidentially deleted during some routine cleanup.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be watching tonight but if it turns into a cluster fuck because of penalties and challenges it'll be getting switched off.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're wrong will you shut the fuck up? About anything? I just want to put some wager on this...not that I like the Dallas Cowboys at all, I just want you to be wrong for my own personal amusement. Also because my response to this was "No shit." Giants front 4 are fucking hungry hungry hippos, and Dallas' line are a bunch of white marbles. Unless Romo is in shotgun the entire time, or throw some sick screen passes, they're not going to win.

4. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Was the original thread erased? I'd like some thoughts on Offense vs. defense. Niners and Packers could be a preview of the NFC Championship game. I believe the Packers are favored by 5. Either way I don't see anyone winning by more than a touchdown. I'm not sold on Alex Smith yet but I'm willing to give him another year.

5. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Oh my god just 2 and a half more hours. I can turn on coverage in an hour and half, so right now, I just want to go into an hour and a half long coma. HURRY UP, FOOTBALLLLLLLL.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It was done in error. No worries, it's back, football is back bitches. That's all that matters.

7. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You are a Pack fan arent you Shegirl? What's your take on Niners and Packers?

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agree with the Sack on this one, no way Romo is still around if they don't play in the Superbowl.

Crazy motherfucker Whitten is playing tonight coming off a lacerated spleen, must be some good shit they got him on.

9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wrong they'll have another front office house cleaning before Tony goes HC. New QB means rebuilding. Who else is out there? Not to mention every single analyst has repeatedly said Romo gets blamed for poor play.calling and his team has ranked top 5 in playoff contenders. I'm not even a fan I just can't stand reading this piss reasoning of why Romo sucks. This defense is terrible and when was the last time they had a RB last more than 10 games? Emmitt Smith? C'mon man!

Then I turn on my TV and see two false starts, and one of the defensive linemen get a free shot Romo, completely unblocked. Just saying...its not Romo. Hello Kevin Ogletree to my fantasy bench. Keep catching those balls.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

It hasn't even been an entire half into the season and I'm already sick of the 2nd guessing of the replacement officials. It'd be one thing if the regular officials were perfect with every call but so far I haven't seen any officiating errors that wouldn't be just as likely to be made by the regular officials.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in the same camp: it's not Romo, and to can him and try for someone better would mean ignoring a lot of other problems on this team and taking a huge risk. Jones isn't the most patient of fuckers, but I think you'll see a new OC/DC before trying to replace Romo.

Also, to restate what was said in the deleted thread, I am skeptical about SF. They added two receivers who are poison to a locker room, one of whom you can count on being disruptive since he's not starting (Manningham). Adding Jacobs to the Gore/Hunter tandem was pointless and adds controversy to a backfield that was stellar. I don't think Alex Smith is the kind of qb to stare down Moss and Manningham and say "fuck you, play team ball". Expectations are really high, so I kind of anticipate them stepping on their dicks like Philly did last year.

The team I'm interested in is Denver. If they could go 8-8 with Tebow, how good they are will directly depend on how much of Manning returns. I know ESPN has given us enough coverage to have a decent idea of the shade and hue of Peypey's pubes, but if he's at 100% with a younger crew than he had at Indy, he's as close to the big game as anyone.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love the fact they catch it the FIRST time, then go BACK to it in slo-mo. Shit like that pisses me off when they try to trot out the "BUT THE KIDS!" anytime anyone does anything bad.

Eli Manning is such a fucking sell-out. In both DirectTV AND Toyota Commercials. Jesus.

13. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We shall see about that.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two touchdowns. That's very nice. Looks like this guy can play.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahem...

Fuck, I really can't talk shit given I picked the Giants in my confidence pool. But I did say it, that Romo is NOT the problem. Defense stepped up, his O-Line was less useless than usual. Kevin Ogletree took the spot of Laurent Robinson this year. Good game near the end.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only way this could get better is if I found out 'Sack caught his wife banging a black jew in a 3 series... and that black jew was Nom.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahahaha, fucking Gnats. I wonder how many times we'll get to see Manning Face this season.

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I am indeed. I think SF is in line for a stand out season. The best they've had for a long long time. Anyone I've talked to that is a fan has a gleam in their eye. I say the same thing to them and that is that they are in store for a very fun season of ball. That said, they scare me.

I think Denver could be the sleeper of the season as long as Manning can stay upright. The Oline will be the ones that make or break their season.

As for last night I'd just like to say what we are all thinking, THANK LITTLE BABY JESUS, GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, ITS BACK. The officials suck 'sacks balls though. That dropped ball in the end zone was not a fucking dropped ball the guy was yanked on like a rape victim not once but twice and the dipshits missed them both. If no settlement is reached they will be the reason I'll need drugs to make it through the season without my head exploding.

Romo looked....I'm not sure. The guy is all over the board. One play he's throwing a pick and a few later he's driving them down the field for a score. It is no secret I cannot stand the Cowboys and loathe Jerry Jones however, since the Giants are an NFC division team, I'm ok with the win.

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

SF has several question marks:

Was Alex Smith's performance last year an aberration? The man who previously had a career QB Rating of 72.1 and more INTs than TDs suddenly became steady and dependable, if somewhat uninspiring. His QB rating was 18 points above his previous career mark. Is this who Alex Smith is now, or was that a one year fluke?
    Is Frank Gore made out of glass, and if so, how integral is he?
    Is their bunch of ragtag receivers going to be sufficient?
    Every team in their division is potentially better than last year, and their nondivisional schedule is tough (away games in GB, NE, NO. Home games against DET and CHI). Will this schedule affect them at all?

The defense is likely to regress some, but that's fine. All that means is the take a step down from "fucking phenomenal" to "really, really good."

I think they're probably, if not favorites, in about equal standing in the NFC.

Hmm?

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What MC said. Plus what Bill Barnwell said.

Is San Francisco talented? You bet. But there is no way they stay that healthy and have a ridiculous +28 turnover ratio. Not happening.