Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

T.O. lost out to Braylon Edwards for the wide-receiver-who-won't-play-special-teams job. I don't think drops had much to do with it, as that's always been the main knock on Edwards as well. I don't see why a team like the Jets wouldn't take a flyer on Owens or Hines Ward given how shitty their receiving corps is.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hines Ward didn't want to play for anyone note named "The Pittsburg Steelers." That is why no one is taking a flyer on them. He wanted to retire a Steeler.

3. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, because what Rex Ryan is thinking is, "The Jets locker room isn't combustible enough, let's add another knucklehead."

Actually, given his personnel decisions over the years...maybe he is thinking that.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well let's not get out of pocket. Everyone said Wilson was great, they never said Flynn was Kevin Kolb 2.0 which is what I was expecting to hear. Even from Seahawk's training camp no one said Flynn was bad or overpaid, or not worth it. They just made it sound like Wilson was the 2nd coming of Christ, that's cool too. I sure as hell picked him up in a fantasy league. I like the fact I have no idea what ethnicity he is.

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not like they paid an ungodly amount for Flynn. This is nowhere near Kevin Kolb territory. And if things work out with Wilson, they can always trade Flynn to a QB-desperate team.

6. littlefoot789

littlefoot789
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

While that week 17 game was basically meaningless, 480 yards and 6 TDs is impressive in any scenario. Not to mention the game in 2010 when Flynn outplayed Tom 'Golden Boy' Brady himself, and would've won the game if not for a historic special teams fuck-up letting a goddamn O-lineman run 71 yards downfield. No, of course I'm not still bitter...

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grantland.com has a new podcast with Ephraim Salaam being the main feature. The first 6 minutes are worth it alone.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=8317755" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/ ... id=8317755</a>

8. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is MJD going to sign or what? I figured it would be resolved by now. I did handcuff him in my fantasy league with R. Jennings, but come on now. Pay the man.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: 2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Last I heard the owner would rather let him ride the bench than pay him another nickel, MJD was getting hit 30k a day for not reporting to camp, I think he will run out of cash before the owner does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8330737/jacksonville-jaguars-rb-maurice-jones-drew-ends-holdout-sunday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83307 ... out-sunday</a>