Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 NASCAR Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Feb 28, 2012.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I don't watch much of this but I did watch last night and WOW, what a fucking wreck. I was surprised they were able to hit the track again after. I am assuming his steering box broke because I'm pretty sure no one would want to slam into the ass end of a truck carrying jet fuel. Holy moly.

Anyway, rednecks, Budweiser, mullets, wife beaters...annnnnnnnnd go.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My favorite line that I read somewhere after last nights wreck was "Well, the 9/11 truthers can't say jet fuel is hard to light anymore."

More than anything, I was surprised most by the fact that the driver of the drying truck was able to just get out and walk away reportedly unharmed after that kind of hit. You expect it from the drivers with all the safety equipment that they have in their cars, but those track vehicles don't have any of that as far as I know.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was at the race and the delays were a real pain in the ass. That crash was almost worth the extra two hours though. At least Montoya walked away fine. Apparently this was the first Daytona 500 and they had to set back to another day so naturally it had to be the first I attended. I was surprised how often they do crash. It seemed every 20 laps someone spun out, or lost control and had to go into the pit stops. I tried cheering for Danica Patrick, but I won't be making that mistake again. She sucks. Hard. I hope.

Looking forward to maybe checking out a formula 1 event, or some off road racing events in the future. And some drag racing. Everything about the nascar event was pretty much awesome except the delays, and I think other modes of racing will probably appeal to me more.