Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2012 F1

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Luke 217, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Are you watching and looking at the same pictures as the rest of us? There's a difference between driving over someone's nose, and putting your nose where it doesn't belong. When you do the latter, its going to get run over because you put it there.

The only time Maldonado was in the lead was coming off the DRS stretch,,, then they went into a right hand turn, which Hamilton had the inside line, which gave him the lead back. Hamilton forced Pastor off the grid while he was in the lead because of his spent tires. Then Pastor tried to muscle back onto the grid thinking that Hamilton would get the fuck over. In which he didn't. And that's why Pastor was given a 20 second penalty, and Hamilton was given nothing. Because he was in the lead.
    I'm actually a little surprised that Maldonado didn't get a grid spot penalty for Silverstone this weekend.

I said it in a recent post, and so did Maddockker. They were both dicks in entire situation. Hamilton should have let him pass but didn't, and Pastor should have just went around him at another point in the race. Instead neither of them got any points.

#21 Luke 217, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'll concede that Maldonado could have waited to pass, but he probably felt at the end of the DRS Zone was his best opportunity for that lap. Hamilton, in my mind and from how those events unfolded and from past events involving Maldonado (see: That Monaco Race), had ZERO intention of letting Maldonado past, ever, regardless of his tyres' condition. If Maldonado had waited, Hamilton would've done the same thing at the next corner, and the next after that, because he had already done it once on the start-finish section of the track in that very race by almost forced him into the wall on the start-finish straight and corner - you can see the HRT scrambling to get out of the way due to Hamilton's recklessness. Hamilton only had the inside line by braking considerably late (possibly the tyres being a factor there, too) forcing Maldonado wide and, as a result, making his McLaren as wide as possible through the corner. It was, due to Hamilton's actions, an unavoidable accident.

Schumacher was involved in a similar incident with Damon Hill in the 1994 World Championship at the Australian G.P. to take the title.

tl;dr: There was going to be a collision between Maldonado and Hamilton somewhere on the track, it was just that that corner was the lucky one where it happened.

3. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Nope. Maldonado made it an unavoidable accident by hitting Lewis. Not the other way around. We can argue about Hamilton being a dick and not getting out of the way, we can argue that whether or not he intentionally went wide in the turn to push Pastor off the track, we can argue about everything other than the fact that Pastor exited the grid, tried to comeback onto the grid and ran into Hamilton.

I hate going back and forth about this,,, because in the end my favorite driver is a fucking dick. Just get the fuck over and get some points. He even stated in interviews that he thought there was no chance in this race. So he thought there was no chance they were going to be competitive, and you could have walked away with 4th place points. Rather than none. Idiot.

4. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not sure if you guys already read this site or not but I find some of the posts hilarious.

http://www.thef1slate.com/

Check it out.

5. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't know what to think. A London GP? With the starting grid being right in front of Buckingham Palace, going through Picadilly Circus and Trafaglar Square?
    Looks pretty fucking cool.

I guess they're going to announce more tonight.

6. todd311

todd311
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Are there any F1 fans in the US? Then,, are there and US F1 fans that are going to Austin in November? I've already ordered tickets for me and a few friends. Really looking forward to it.

7. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Did anyone watch that qualifying session at Silverstone? That rain was ridiculous.

If it's raining like that tomorrow, I reckon 6 cars or less will finish.

8. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was thinking about making it down there, but I might wait for the race in Jersey next year. I don't know though, I've got mixed emotions on it. I've been to tons of open wheel racing in my life, and while the excitement of the crowd is nice, I'd rather watch it on TV. Half the time you don't know what the fuck is going on, and can only see a small portion of the track.
    It's not like other sports where you can see the whole field/pitch, in racing (with exception of NHRA) you don't get to see shit.

Yeah, by the way the announcers are talking, England is gonna get a months worth of rain in the next 4 days. Today's race is gonna have some red flags. And probably a shitload of yellow ones too.

9. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

.... and that didn't happen. What a great race though. It's a pity that Maldonado will probably not be around next season, if Perez's race quotes are accurate.

10. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yes Webber!!!

Good race again, really liking the action this year. There is always something happening and no clear standout.

11. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Jesus, I was expecting a boring race because of the rain. Turned out to be pretty good. I just heard that Maldonado and Kobayashi got fined for their accidents.
    As much as I root against Ferrari, I glad Massa did well.

Did anyone else hear Perez go fucking nuts talking to reporters after his crash? It was awesome. He barely stopped short of calling Maldonado a dickless cunt.

12. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Massa is probably not going to be at Ferrari next year - I think he might possibly land at Williams in place of Maldonado, who, if what Perez said during the race, the drivers will want gone (not sure how much sway the drivers' association has with FOCA and the FIA, though). Maldonado has lost a LOT of points for Williams next year, so I think Frank will pull the trigger on him and sign someone more reliable for 2013, since that Williams is not a bad car. Or he may just change both drivers, since Bruno Senna has under-performed badly this year, although he did drive well at Silverstone. Timo Glock, perhaps? Sure, he drives a rubbish car, but he is quite experienced - and doesn't seem to do too much stupid shit on the track.

13. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If Massa produces some more decent drives he might do enough to hold his seat. Ferrari are now second in the drivers championship race and Massa plays second driver to Alonso (or Schui or Kimi...) without complaining. He seems to be improving but he will need to do well to hold on. Maybe someone threw a spring at the back of his head and it cleared him up and brought him back??

Webber has signed with Redbull for 2013. It's unlikely, but I would like to see him take the WDC.

14. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Finally the break is over. Who the fuck saw that qualifying coming? Button, Yoshi, and Pastor.... but wait, Maldonado gets a 5 spot for impeding. So it ends up with Kimi in 3rd.

And what kind of crazy race was that as well? I expected the Iceman to come, but he didn't. As soon as the wreck happened I was screaming at the TV because I knew it was bad for everyone except Red Bull. I heard Grosjean got suspended from Monza and a fifty grand fine for causing that shitshow on lap one, which I don't know if its harsh enough, or not harsh enough? I feel like if he didn't take out Hamilton and Alonso but rather two bottom or middle of the pack drivers it wouldn't have been so bad.
    Also, Maldonado gets a grid spot penalty for causing an accident. With all the penalties this guy gets you'd think it was a fucking conspiracy. Or he's a fucking dick.
    Pick one.

[​IMG]

15. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

It was a nutty race. Sauber was the team that got most solidly fucked by Grosjean, with the instant retirement of Perez (look mom! no wings!) and the 2 pit stops by Kobayashi to fix his car meant he'd finish nowhere. I don't think that penalty that you stated is harsh enough for Grosjean - I'm pretty sure he did something similar earlier this season (was it Monaco?), so it shows a pattern of behaviour.

Schumacher should get a penalty for that pit lane access directly into Vettel's path and making Vettel take evasive action, but no, because it's Schumacher, nothing will come of it.

As for Maldonado, I'm pretty sure now it's a concerted effort by the other drivers to push him to CART or IRL and out of Formula 1, that charge being led by Perez.

16. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Grosjean didn't cause the wreck in Monoco, it was a combination of going three wide into the first turn and he was in the middle.
    I think this is the first race where he actually caused an accident, which is why I'm wondering if the penalty is excessive. If I'm wrong correct me, but this was the first I know of. I'm just playing devil's advocate of course, I think the penalty is spot on. It just boggles my mind that Maldanodo can wreck cars in what seems week after week, and continue to get slaps on the wrist.
    He also can't go to Cart, because there hasn't been a Cart series since 5 or so years. Tony George made sure of that, he's a colossal asshole and leveraged the Indy Motor Speedway to his advantage and started the IRL. Fuck him.

I forgot about that turn with Shumi and Vettel around the pit entrance. I never really got any clarification about it, and I really don't know the rules regarding that sort of thing. I saw it and I thought it was a pretty slick move by Vettel to not put it into the wall (btw, I don't remember that pit entrance at SPA being that fucking tight, it's gotta be one of the tightest on the schedule)
    I'd have to watch it again to remember what went down and who had what position.

Also, I didn't think that Maldanodo jumped the start. I watched it on replay about 3 or 4 times and you can clearly see the lights were out and then he went. I think he guessed and got it right. Because that was the best start I've ever seen. It was like a start with NHRA lights.

17. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Did anyone else watch the Singapore G.P. today? It was a pretty good race, apart from so many drivers making mistakes into turn 10 (that shitty little chicane) - the should eliminate the chicane and make it a normal corner, since it would also help with brake wear. A lot of drivers missed that corner in qualifying at least once (Hamilton, Raikkonen, Di Resta and Massa from what I recall) and quite a few missed it during the race due to being unable to brake the car sufficiently in time. Also, the organizers should look into widening the turns slightly, since there were a lot of incidents involving one driver squeezing another out once both cars were already into the corner - I was happy when Hulkenberg got the puncture because he'd driven across another driver for the second time and rightly got what he deserved.

Maldonado was unlucky today, as was Hamilton. Williams need to get rid of Bruno Senna a.s.a.p. - he is simply too slow. That's the third time this season by my count that he has lost a points scoring position within the last ten laps of a race. Maldonado proved in qualifying that the car has serious pace, which makes it a pity that there seem to be mechanical gremlins in it. Senna doesn't seem to have inherited his late uncle's pace.

18. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

First time I've been in front of the computer in over a week: So I missed some stuff.

Hamilton goes to Mercedes AMG
    Perez signs with Mclaren
    Shumi retires again

I agree with the guys on the Speed channel, which is, how is Hamilton jumping to AMG a better situation for him? How does it give him a better chance at winning? I don't understand the rationale behind the switch?
    Can anyone explain it to me?

19. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

20. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Best Race of the year?

Kimi finally wins a race this year, and he gets upstaged by Vettel,,,,, and doesn't get to get drunk afterwards.

What the fuck am I drinking? Oh yeah. I'm in Abu Dhabi.
    [​IMG]