Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 NCAA Football Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tom Ato, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

since some people can't seem to grasp that September is over....new thread is here.

Post all NCAA Football related stuff up in this bitch.

Signing Day results - Top 25 Classes

Florida State came out of the gate strong in this piece.

2. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

3. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Michigan football fans are getting erections right now:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-ohiost-tresseltrouble

As a Buckeye fan, I'm sad.

As a fan of hypocritcal behavior, I'm laughing:

Apparantly, God wanted the Buckeyes to win so bad he was willing to look past Tressel's cheating (alledgedly). It's funny how that works.

4. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I sincerely doubt he's going to get much more than a slap on the wrist. No one in Columbus wants to see him go. What's the NCAA gonna do, make him sit a game?

5. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nope. OSU will make him sit 2 games.

I'm kind of speechless on this. Tressel is a God in Columbus, and has been a blessing since they fired Cooper. I was hoping for a small punishment (as a fan), but he's damn lucky to get away with just 2 games.

Part of me did want OSU to fire Tressel. I know he wins, but every win from here on out is going to be scrutinized and tainted. As long as he's the coach, OSU will be known as a cheating program.

Fuck him for not coming forward ASAK.

6. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I wonder what sanctions (if any) the NCAA will place on Tressel. I highly doubt they will be stringent at all considering how lightly they treated Terrelle Pryor et al for the Sugar Bowl.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Given the OSU suspension, an NCAA suspension is quite unlikely. These sorts of things are almost entirely preventative from the university's perspective, and you can bet that they've been talking to people at the NCAA this whole time. The aim to punish him harshly enough that the NCAA is satisfied, but no more.

8. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watch very little NCAA football, but I found this headline on ESPN interesting. Shit may soon be getting real, and I hope it does. Fuck the BCS, forrealz.

Feds to NCAA: Why no playoffs?

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the Auburn fans all got drunk and thrashed Tuscaloosa... And people said it was a tornado...

10. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ding dong....Ohio State football is dead.

With the Sports Illustrated article emerging tomorrow that will, in all likelihood, make it seem like Pete Carroll was running the show at OSU...The Bucks are screwed. I'm guessing that they get the USC treatment, with a bowl ban of two years minimum. I'm hoping they get sanctioned into the Stone Age.

I couldn't be happier. Fuck Ohio State if they cheated in any way to run the Big Ten for a decade. After they spent three years laughing at us over Rich Rod, no less....

12. bukowskionice

bukowskionice
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Goddammit, now what am I going to do with all these sweater vests on Saturdays? Hm.

Hate to see a good coach like that get the axe, but if he's going to continually tarnish the reputations of both the school and program, then fuck 'em.

Although it's easy to say things like that when (and please god, don't let this be a coincidence) Urban Meyer has recently bought a house in New Albany (a Columbus suburb). Come on, 2012-13!

As much as I'd like to hit Tebow in the face with a shovel, Meyer is just about the only available guy out there competent enough to run Ohio State. This should be an interesting year, to say the least.

13. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Meyer. Will. Not. Return. To. Coaching. He is an attention whore of the highest order, but his life was literally endangered by being a head coach (stress + ulcers or some shit). He's done.

14. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It's times like this that I really wish I was friends with more Ohio State fans.

15. palmettosc

palmettosc
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

16. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

They damn well better get the same treatment as USC. If not the NCAA will show just how much of an inconsistent, useless organization it really is.

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would really love to see the NFL and NCAA work together and just say that you must be an amateur to enter the draft. These idiots might be a little less willing to get free tattoos if it meant risking their big payday.

People saying that they should be paying these kids a stipend are morons. People are still going to be offering these kids more money on top of whatever pittance the school gives them. We'd just be talking about Terrell Pryor having a stipend and 6 cars instead of just the cars.

I don't really blame Tressel for covering it up. As soon as he learned about it, he was fucked either way.

18. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit.

As if anybody needed a reason to hate Miami. This seems to be just as bad as USC got spanked for, if not worse.

19. Mash

Mash
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'll be shocked if Miami escapes this without the "death penalty".

20. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Miami story is some SMU shit right there. It seems likely the 'Canes will get the death penalty for a season or two. Even if that doesn't happen, I still see it taking around a decade for them to return to some kind of relevance. They're going to lose scholarships and be actively avoided by quality coaches and recruits for quite some time.

Also, kudos to Yahoo! sports for a great article. That was some great, thorough sports journalism.