Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 NBA Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rob4Broncos, May 14, 2011.

1. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Currently on the Clippers roster:

Chris Paul
    Chauncey Billups
    Mo Williams
    Eric Bledsoe

I think they need another trade.

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With the what now?

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Where is DeAndre Jordan on that roster?

Also, this is awesome:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/15/clippers-chris-paul-blake-griffin_n_1150518.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/1 ... 50518.html</a>

I want a Lob City shirt ASAP

4. JeffPrevails

JeffPrevails
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Has anybody else gotten to the point where sports news shows are basically unwatchable? Everybody is either trolling(Skip Bayless style) or taking everything to the extreme. I understand rational, reasonable predictions and talk don't make for great ratings, but shit.

Currently I'm thinking about the talk about the Lakers falling apart and rebuilding. Uh, don't they still have Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum? Because they DIDN'T get Chris Paul, suddenly they're fucked. They lost Lamar Odom for basically nothing, which hurts. But at the same time they had trouble finding a cohesive starting lineup with all of the big men anyways. They lost Phil Jackson, which definitely hurts as well. They still play in a division with Sacramento, Golden State, Phoenix, and the Clippers. I just don't see how they're going to be terrible all of a sudden.

5. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Bynum cannot stay healthy, and if you think he's playing 66 games in 120something days then you are fucking stupid. Steve Blake and Derek Fisher are pretty bad. Kobe is going on something absurd like 1300 career games right now, how will his knees hold up in this compressed schedule? They also don't really have any depth whatsoever with regards to perimeter players which could kill them in this fucked up jam packed season.

But yes, they're better than Sacramento, Golden State, and Phoenix on paper. It'll be interesting to see if they'll be able to keep up with a team like Golden State when they're playing their third game in four nights.

Also, the Celtics are fucked. Go Bruins.

6. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was a very long way of saying, "Mike fucking Brown."

To emphasize the point about Kobe's age, it's worth noting that Kobe has nearly 5,000 more career minutes played at age 33 (about 1.5 seasons), including playoffs, than Michael Jordan had upon finishing up with the Bulls at age 34. He's certainly lost a step since their back-to-backs. And Metta World Peace is no Dennis Rodman; at least, not on the court.

As it's been stated above, the Lakers' depth and injury concerns will be only exacerbated by the 2011 schedule.

On the other hand, I'm curious to see how well Lamar Odom replaces Tyson Chandler (not as a direct replacement at the 5, of course), considering how well he filled in for Bynum during his annual springtime knee recovery. In spite of their age (which is precisely what made them overlooked just last year), I'm expecting Dallas to make a run at a repeat.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there any proof that Mike fucking Brown is a competent coach? I watch his facial expressions, listen to his press conferences and saw him coach an ECF and a finals and thought the entire time "This guy is a fucking idiot, he has no idea what the fuck he is doing." I've said this a million times but he knew how to call 5 plays: Lebron, LBJ, 23, King James, and BronBron. Those were it. Oh sorry and the ill-advised 3 point shot from Mo'Williams.

Oh and the Kobe is going to die on the court this year. His wife filed for divorce, so Kobe will have a full tank of hate to play on. He's losing HALF his shit and he already hates Mike Brown and is pissed at losing Lamar. God forbid if he can't kiss his daughters after the game. All Kobe will have left is another run at a Championship that means anything to his life that his wife can't take away through a lawyer. Stew on that for a minute...

8. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While watching the Heat/Magic preseason game tonight, one thing was abundantly clear...

Dwight Howard is going to show the Magic that he is in charge of his career and that their decision to call off all trade talks is a HUGE mistake.

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He has a very good track record of producing very good defensive teams, but yeah, can't really draw up an offensive play to save his life.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't watch this, please elaborate on how.