Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 NBA Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rob4Broncos, May 14, 2011.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have two words: Francisco Rodriguez.

2. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/6835552/michael-beasley-shoves-fan-nyc-playground-game-playing-vs-kevin-durant-nike-team" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... -nike-team</a>

That sound you hear is David Kahn patting himself on the back for not being the shittiest member of the Timberwolves.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Billy Hunter is saying the entire '11-'12 season may be lost.

I've been a diehard fan since I can remember. I've purchased season tickets. I've wasted way too much money on jerseys. If I ever got a drunken tattoo to regret, it would be my team (Spurs). And I am honestly not sure if I will return after this lockout.

I just don't care anymore. Stern is a dipshit. The refs do a great job of making sure we know them when we shouldn't. The players get paid too much, and the owners bitch too much about not making money (which they do, but disguise, thanks to gray-area accounting practices).

As much as I absolutely despise the Mavs, Cuban is (well, he was) the last great thing that happened to the NBA. He was a character. He brought interest, and called the league out on their bullshit. And the "superteam" in Miami is the worst. They lack any semblance of character, and they are whoring themselves out for the sake of their "brand" which is getting worse by the day.

I love the NBA, but fuck them.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

5. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. PoorGambler

PoorGambler
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

The Wizards released him almost 2 years ago. He hasn't been in the NBA since, as far as I know.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He might was well be upfront about this and not dick around right?

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7303270/chris-paul-new-orleans-hornets-seeks-trade-new-york-knicks-sign-extension-according-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... ing-report</a>

Whoever starts the NBA thread (probably will be me) please call it the "The Association."

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Rondo gets dealt, I will be quite sad. Kind of glad that CP3 has stated that he isn't interested in coming to Boston.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple of years of mid-level exceptions like Shane Battier and the Heat are going to be pretty much impossible to beat.

11. Gatling

Gatling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Lakers get Chris Paul for Lamar K and Pau.

Can they really also get Howard in exchange for Bynum and change (Artest/Walton/??)?

This off-season, which is so damm short, is getting real interesting.

12. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And David Stern says NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Apparently, the owners treated it like a Yahoo fantasy league and voted the trade down.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are two feelings I have about this whole thing being bullshit. "How do those guys feel knowing their teams were ready to trade them?" The other feeling is "The only number feeling they should be worried about is their millions and they shouldn't get so fucking emo about it."

14. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Word is that Dwight Howard has requested a trade to the New Jersey Nets to play with Deron Williams.

The Nets are putting together some sort of package with Brook Lopez as the centerpiece and wherever Dwight goes, he'll have Hedo Turkoglu along with him. Deron Williams, Dwight Howard and Hedo are a pretty decent three to fill in around. Hedo as a third option is not bad. The problem is, the rest of the team flat out sucks. I'm assuming the Russian Mark Cuban will be happy to throw around some more money to fill in the rest of the spots.

15. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

In 2011-2012 it's actually a horrible option.

16. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, Stern is just being a dick at this point.

First, he shoots down what most agree was a reasonably fair deal for Paul to LAL. Then the Clippers offer a better deal (Aminu, Kaman's expiring contract, Bledsoe, and Gordon/Minny's 2012 1st Rounder). Just when it looks like it's going through....the NBA steps in and demands BOTH Gordon and the pick.

I hate the Lakers, but this is a blatantly inappropriate way for league officials to be acting. Both of those were fair value for value given his contract ambiguity, and the LAC deal was perfectly for a rebuilding team looking for financial flexibility. Or if they weren't quite "fair value," they're closer than most teams get when trading away franchise players (see: Gasol to LAL).

Just admit you want CP3 in New York already.

17. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

David Stern is exhibits A-F on why I'm *thisclose* to not giving a shit about the NBA, ever again. The man is gunning for Roger Goodell's title as "Worst Sports Commissioner Ever." He's clearly trying to rig the league just to make his favorite team into a superpower.

And I say this as a fucking Knicks fan.

Off-topic: Shane Battier to the Heat makes my heart hurt. One of my favorite players in the league, and he goes to the Dark Side. Oh, well.

18. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait til Mr Big Shot signs tonight.

Then the Heat will have 2 former shitty Knicks players this season.

19. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So CP3 and two 2nd rounders for 1st rounder, Gordon, Kaman, and Aminu. This trade might actually last, since I just got an email about it from NBA.com announcing it.

I'm just glad this story is over.

20. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, basically, it'll be Paul's knee vs. Gordon's ceiling to determine who wins this trade?