Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 Halloween costume thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benny lava, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Tyty

Tyty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A couple years ago I picked up an idea from this site that worked pretty well, super easy too. Get a bunch of nametags and put like 10 of them on with different names. Multiple personalities.

I've heard that Ireland isn't that big into halloween, so I don't want to go all out and be overdressed. Seems like I might use this idea again.

2. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

...Fuck me. I never even looked at it that way.

3. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep. I did that one last year. Best thing to do is add a few yourself at the start, and then carry extra blanks and a marker with you and let girls write their own for you throughout the night. It's a pretty effective conversation starter. No one knows who Yuri Gagarin is.

4. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I did this last year. Originally I bought a mask online but I was disappointed so I went ahead and made my own. Definitely made the right call.

Attached Files:

5. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My girlfriend wanted to do a couple costume (what girlfriend doesn't). With the help on some internet searching and brainstorming, we came up with a few inventive ideas:

Anna Nicole Smith and that old guy (bonus points if you can find a wheelchair to use)
    St. Pauli Girl and Sam Adams
    Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega (bonus points for a bloody nose and a syringe)

But we have decided to go as the Marilyns. I'm Manson and she will be Monroe. I can't fuckin' wait to assemble my costume. I definitely want knee-high platform boots and fishnets.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How did you drink with the mask on?

7. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Basically just lifted it up. It got really annoying and ended up completely messed up by the end of the night. But still worth it.

8. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I really want to go as either Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver, or get a group of guys to go as The Reservoir Dogs, but I'm fairly confident that a vast majority of the people around wouldn't "get" either costume. A night full of frustration at my generation is not worth the mohawk cut.

Love the St. Pauli Girl/Sam Adams couples costume idea, for whoever posted that. If only my girl had the necessary assets to pull it off.

9. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Last year a couple friends and I went as Ash, Brock, Gary, and Professor Oak from Pokemon. Great costumes, we had poke-pong balls and everything.

This year my roommate and I are going as Orange Jews.

10. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well I woke up on Saturday morning and opened my e-mail to find an order confirmation message from FX Shops time stamped 3:20 AM.....so I guess I'm going as Wilfred after all.

11. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Every offensive idea I come up with either can't be pulled off effectively (Zombie Steve Jobs because of my beard, Zombie Randy Savage because I'm 5'11 170lbs, an entirely red-clad rabbi w/ devil horns because most dipshits don't get the relationship of Jews and Hell), so I'm debating doing a combination of these two takes on Five Finger Death Punch's Knucklehead. No, I don't care what you think about the band. I like them and I dig this particular skull character because of his permanent shit-eating grin.
    I'm thinking black eye makeup around the eye socket w/ blackout contacts could make this look freakish. Would just have to find the appropriate gas mask and go from clipper head shaved to shiny head shaved. I don't think I'll be doing any costume contests. Just a booze-filled work party and probably going out on Friday night. Saturday is a UT home game, and "working" those takes a lot out of me.

Attached Files:

12. ASL

ASL
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I have a Pabst onesie. I'll be going as "Pabst Man," which I can only assume is a hipsters wet dream.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dead Gahdafi anyone? Shit I am growing out a shitty goatee anyway for mine, looks surprisingly similar to the shitty goatee that asshole had.

14. _4_

_4_
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Youtube search for Gunter. Thoughts?

15. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I decided to go as waldo, hopefully it gets me laid.

16. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm going as a 1%er. Going to wear one of my nicer suits, get a monocle and top hat, and throw monopoly money at those working class peasants whilst speaking with a british accent for some reason. I'll call everyone old boy and good chap. fuck the 99%, old boy. Mmmnnnyesss!

17. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My father is out visiting from California, and since he's a real wise ass, he bought the dogs costumes for Halloween.

The Corgi got a super-girl cape.

Poor Tonka got a giant bumblebee costume. We put it on him today to try it out, and I can now officially prove that dogs do feel shame. He actually went and hid behind the couch.

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In response to requests:

Attached Files:

19. hawt

hawt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

reusing my costume from last year since I'll be in a different city

Lego Man!

[​IMG]

20. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

One of my co-workers is going as an Ohio state trooper and his girlfriend will be a sexy cheetah covered in fake blood. If you were following this news last week, you'll understand it.