Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 Halloween costume thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benny lava, Sep 16, 2011.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It could if that grad school were UConn.

2. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kind of surprised I've seen no Archer related costumes yet. I thought with the popularity of the show and the new season starting that it would be rather popular.

I usually don't dress up, but this is my last Halloween before hitting 30 and I feel compelled to go all out. Unfortunately, years of holiday apathy have left with me almost no creativity. The last time I did was 2007 where I wore a green sweater over a pink button up and a mustache to go as Ned Flanders. I'm thinking of a shark or dinosaur (or Yoshi) or something that I can make. I usually try to avoid masks because it's harder to drink with them.

3. WhizzBang

WhizzBang
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

I think I've got a winner here, if I can find the right spandex suit:

[​IMG]

4. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm thinking about going as Harley from EpicMealTime.

It's a super simple costume: a Sauce Boss t-shirt, cargo shorts, a hoodie, and a magnum of Jack Daniels. I'm Jewish, so I can grow a beard like that in a week.

[​IMG]

I'd also cook up about three pounds of bacon, put it in a ziplock bag and stuff it in a cargo pocket to hand out to people. I really can't see a downside to it (other than people not getting the reference). I get to take "Jack Dagnals" to the face, hand out bacon, eat bacon, and yell EpicMealTime quotes all night.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally stealing the Epic Meal Time costume idea.

You can also spin this in a beneficial way:

"Why did you just grab my ass!?"
    "Sorry, I'm just trying to be in character here, it is Halloween."

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe I totally missed the boat but I think Ill be going as Julian from Trailer Park Boys. Bout as simple and as cheap as it gets, tight black tee, black slacks, glass of rum always in hand.

[​IMG]

7. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No man, I'm 5'11, I guess the scale made it look weird with the door? We have tall doorframes all over the apartment and especially high counters in our bathrooms, its weird.

For the couple people that asked, you can find a monocle at almost any costume shop. The top hat and monocle are what got me thinking in the first place.

8. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You need the fried chicken necklace for that subtle touch.

[​IMG]

9. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Last year, at the last minute, I decided to go as Baby Jesus.
    I got rid of the whole costume when I moved, unfortunately. I'd thought about re-using part of it with a white polo and red trunks, because Lifeguard Jesus saves lives. This year I want to go as something at least moderately well-known or easy to get, and am only somewhat limited by the beard.
    I thought about dying it jet black, bic my already shaved head, get red bodypaint and go as some variation of Satan. If I added the dick-in-a-box accessory and put a big "DETAILS" label on it, well, you can figure out the rest. I don't really love it, so I'm open to suggestion.

Attached Files:

10. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wanted to get two other guys from my class to be the Hanson brothers from Slap Shot. Unfortunately, we go to school in the southwest where no one knows what Slap Shot even is (except for a few). Because of this a classmate, who wants to be Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber has persuaded me to be Harry and wear a powder blue tuxedo. I like the Hanson brothers idea better but fuck it.

11. Ins

Ins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I believe I've decided on a costume, I'm thinking Walter White's alias Heisenberg from Breaking Bad. It's simple and it gives me an excuse to sport a mustache which would normally look ridiculous. (It's the guy version of Halloween slutty)

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll shave my beard into a mustache, get a pork pie hat, sunglasses, a bald cap and I'll have little baggies of blue candy that resemble the show's meth (only a few bags, I'm not made of meth people). If the costume sucks at least I'll be reasonably dressed and possibly be a hit with the meth-heads.

Attached Files:

12. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We had a James Bond theme last year, I went as odd job. I don't know how women deal with makeup. It took me forever to go from white (very) to asian. I had a decent beard rockin but it translated into a mustache that I dyed black.

This year is Saturday night live theme and I am definately not doing anything that requires as much work. I'm thinking this

Attached Files:

#72 Hoosiermess, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Last year I went as The Most Interesting Man in the World:

[​IMG]

And thats the closest thing to an actual picture of me that Ill post. This year, I have no idea. I dont even know if Im going to be going out as Im supposed to take my dad to a concert for his bday on the 29th. Heres hoping someone throws a party on the 28th...

14. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And it doubles as a La Bamba costume!

[​IMG]

15. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Someone should do this Anthony Weiner costume but much, much better. I'm actually surprised this idea hasn't come up yet. Maybe you can just wear a pair of gray boxer-briefs and stick a cucumber in them? Carry around a phone with you? Be sure to shave off all your chest hair.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last year I was a lumberjack without much effort.

[​IMG]

Yep, nothing special.
    This year, I'll make some slight changes and have an improvement.

[​IMG]

I've got the salty Northern dialect down, all that's left is to grow a big gray beard or just get a fake one and practice finding new uses for duct tape on everything. I don't think I'm too far off looks-wise either, except for the 50 year age difference.

17. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great, I can't wait for the deluge of shitty Steve Jobs costumes. Couldn't you have held on for one more month, Steve!?

18. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For those of you thinking about being Wilfred...I got some sample swatches from Mendels because I thought the one of the FX website was a complete pile of shit for $100. They finally came in the mail today. I think the one my thumb is pointing to is much better then FX's attempt. Its called Labradoodle on their website.

spoiler for size
    [​IMG]

The purple swatch is for my idea for next year since it requires much more planning. Mr. McGibblets.

19. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Three years running, I'll be going as House.

I kinda look like him, already dress like him, and it's a pretty fun role to get in to.

Unfortunately, last year I picked a mint that made me sick when mixed with beer, and one of the fun parts of the costume is pouring pills down your throat.

20. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sure, the mint made you sick - for a fake doctor, you're a really shitty fake doctor.