Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 Halloween costume thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benny lava, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I did Quail Man last year, and I think I pulled it off pretty well.

[​IMG]

This year, I'm in a sort of a quandary.

The Fourth Doctor has always been one I've wanted to try out

[​IMG]

And then there's Number 6 from The Prisoner

[​IMG]

And I've always wanted to try out 70s, Roxy Music era Brian Eno. And the nice thing about that costume, if people didn't realize it was Eno, I think I could still get away with Riff Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show.

[​IMG]

I'm leaning more towards Carl Sagan, though. I already have most of the outfit since I pretty much dress like him every day already. And I have the distinct feeling that billions and billions of people will really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

2. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My friends and I decided to go as fast food peeps from this video:

I'm Ronald McDonald. I'm going to look fucking crazy.

#42 Judas, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  3. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The best costume I ever put together was this combo with my roommate, which I've posted before. We won a lot of money and the costume generally was a complete hit.

[​IMG]

A few years later we did this, mostly out of lack of planning time and general curiosity. Reactions were.... mixed.

Attached Files:

4. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

this year i think i'm going as Wilfred.

[​IMG]

Easy costume, don't have to worry about excess stuff or carrying props.

Last year I went as Mayhems, "hot chick out jogging" it was pretty successful.
    [​IMG]

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know if I'm going to let this costume go. I love it too much and its a visual gag that takes dumb chicks awhile to get. Those are the ones I know to liquor up and talk to.
    [​IMG]

And I'm black so its more that adds credibility.

6. Ins

Ins
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

All I've come up with so far is one that appeals to my inner Zelda nerd and go as the windmill guy. Something like this:
    [​IMG]
    I'd probably have the music playing from a small boombox stashed in one of those boxes. I'm thinking I could hook up my MP3 player and blast whatever else I want for added fun.

Even though the Zelda reference will obviously be a hit with the ladies, I'll see if I come up with anything better before Halloween. That thing would be annoying to lug around but I suck at thinking of costumes so at least it's a start.

7. MainEvent007

MainEvent007
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Two years ago I went as Tim Tebow. I wore a Tebow jersey and had angel wings and halo, too. Every guy liked it and I actually ended up with some of the guys on the football team and they thought it was great - most girls didn't get it but I had a girlfriend at the time so I didn't really give a shit. I somehow avoided being caught in any pictures so I unfortunately don't have one.

Last year we got a huge group of us to go as crayons and one person to go as the box. Every single place that we went, even if it was just into another room of the house we were at, the box would have to chase us yelling at us to get back in. The image of 5 drunk crayons running away from a box down the street was pretty funny.

I'm still trying to figure out an idea for this year. A friend of mine suggested we go as the smoke grenade and care package from Call of Duty. Although kind of a funny idea, it'd also be a GREAT way to not get laid.

8. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If you're doing the group thing again, you can do what my buddies did one year. One person dresses up as an egg and the rest of your group dress up as sperm. They chased the egg around the bars while the egg did its best to hide. They won a bunch of different costume contests and free kegs from the different bars they went to.

I think the best Halloween was the year we went to my buddies wedding down in Gainesville. He got married the day after Halloween so none of us packed costumes, and no one knew what to wear. So I came up with the idea of we all put our names into a hat and whoever you draw out, you buy them a costume and they have to wear it. It was fun and an easy way to decide what you were going to wear.

9. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last year I went as a Victorian era gentleman. I tossed it together in an afternoon and was pretty happy with how it turned out. It went over well until the mustache started falling off and dumbass girls kept trying to steal my cane and gloves. Listen bitch, thats not cute or endearing. Stop being a thief in the name of misguided "flirtation".

Attached Files:

10. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you a midget?

11. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sniping this. I finally have the hair to pull off a decent Bret.

12. Jay-Bird

Jay-Bird
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This year My friends and I are going as the various colored labels of Johnny Walker. Costumes along the lines of this:
    [​IMG]

And we'll all have different colored jackets.

Hopefully this will warrant a few free shots of JW at the bars. Perhaps I should make sure I go with the blue jacket, on the off chance it's a free shot of our color. I would hate to be the ass in red.

13. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm really, really lazy when it comes to costumes, so this year I am seriously considering printing out a big picture of an apple, pasting it to a cardboard cutout in the same shape, and affixing it to the ass of my jeans.

Apple bottom jeans.

Stupid? Yes. Easy? Yes. Both describe me.

14. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If I can get a wheelchair sorted I'm going to do Stephen Hawking again:
    [​IMG]
    That isn't an actual colostomy bag, honestly.

All I need to finish it off is a speak and spell and an abusive nurse/wife.

When I did it the last time, the costume worked a treat, although at some bars where I didn't know as many people, they actually thought I was disabled and treated me as such.
    Did get to the front of the bar with no hassle every time, and who doesn't love (free) sympathy/pity shots?...

15. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This looks like an easy costume I could put together for under $15.

That's Nicki Minaj, in case anyone couldn't tell.

[​IMG]

16. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thinking about going as Wilfred. Don't know if I want to spend $100 on a costume though, and also don't know that enough people will get it.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm imagining the Wilfred costume is going to be much like the Joker was after The Dark Knight came out.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'm a bit surprised no one has mentioned going as Ryan Dunn yet.

It'd be pretty easy to do. Just put a hotwheels car into a condom and staple it to the back of your pants. Walk around holding your car keys and ask everyone if they want to go for a ride with you.

19. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mrs. bought me a Rorschach mask of Watchmen fame. I'm supposed to wear it while dispensing candy, but I'm in class that night. So the question becomes, does the oldest guy in a grad school class dress up as a comic book character for class on Halloween?

20. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Either way you'll still be the oldest guy in grad school, it's not like your reputation can go down from there.