Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011 Halloween costume thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benny lava, Sep 16, 2011.

1. benny lava

benny lava
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Had a conversation with friends the other day about this. It's almost that time, thought I'd throw it out there.

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm considering being The Fourth Doctor from Doctor Who, because I can do the hair really well, but I don't want to shave my beard... but maybe I will for noshave/movember.

I might do Don Cherry again, but properly, with hair dye that didnt fade out, and a better suit. I won't be doing Batman again.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Next year when we're married and living together, El Fiance and I have decided that we are having a Halloween party, where I will be Poison Ivy. I can't remember which comic book hero he wanted to be.

The best costume I ever witnessed was when my little brother was around 3 or 4 years old. My mom blew up a bunch of purple balloons and safety pinned them all over his clothes. He was a bunch of grapes. The most hysterical part of it was when he went walking down the sidewalk and they started randomly popping, causing him to cry.

4. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whilst Halloween obviously isn't that popular in Australia, every year me and my mates go on a Fridge to Fridge during the same time of the year. It's basically the house version of a pubcrawl, and it allows for everyone to dress up in ridiculous costumes. My favourite costume so far was when my mate made a Pac-Man costume out of cardboard. He coloured it yellow, and even attached speakers to play the suitable music. I went as the red ghost, so he'd chase me around the streets whilst we were moving from house to house (and beer to beer).

This year, me and another friend are colouring our skin black, wearing skimpy dresses, and going as the Williams sisters. we are currently holidaying throughout Europe, so we decided to pierce our ears, and I am in the process of growing a mullet, as a surprise to our family and friends when we get back. This means we'll be able to wear hoop earrings, and I could probably alter my mullet a little bit (after dying it black), to make my hair look more girly.

5. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to go as a ball and chain, with Husband.

[​IMG]

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've actually been opted in to be Luigi (of Mario fame), just to screw with my friend who's been Mario for seven years.

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll probably stick with what works (spoilered below), though I'm considering going as my avatar, if I can find a decent costume.

Attached Files:

8. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You can never go wrong with a horse mask.

[​IMG]

Alt. Alt. Focus: I'll put my money on zombie Amy Winehouse

9. Canada_Girl

Canada_Girl
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Charlie Sheen and his goddesses.

10. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What if you don't want to be Sarah Jessica Parker?

11. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Girlfriend and I are considering doing Wesley/The Dread Pirate Roberts and Buttercup, from The Princess Bride. Not sure how easy that will be to put together, and there is the whole her-not-being-blonde thing.

I'm not even sure yet that we will have a place to go, so we'll see.

12. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My wife and I decided last year that we were going to be smurfs this year, and that was before we heard they were releasing a movie this summer. We are still going to do it, me as Papa Smurf and her as Smurfette.

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I'm thinking of going as Jessica Rabbit, mainly as an excuse to buy a bright red wig. I don't know how easy it'll be to find a dress for it though (I really hate buying costumes) so I'm trying to come up with a Plan B.

Last year, BUST had this great idea for a costume where you'd be Tippi from The Birds: Dress like you're in the sixties and sew fake black birds onto your clothes. I like the idea of doing something from a Hitchcock film but I'm having trouble thinking of a character that would be more specified than looking like I'm just being retro.

My best costume ever was Daria. I got it down so perfectly, but no one got it. I kept getting asked if I was Velma from Scooby Doo.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think you should go as Plan B unless you can find somebody else to go with you as a broken condom.

15. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to be a ghost.

[​IMG]

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been tossing around some ideas, thinking of Waldo and Wenda, because it would be easy and comfortable, Sonny and Cher, because I could make my husband wear an awesome 'stache, or Lucy or Ricky, because I could wear a 50s style dress and red wig. I am full of hopes now, but realistically I will probably scramble to come up with something day of.

One of my favorites from the past that we did was the Grinch and Max the dog. He wore green longjohns and let me paint his face green and use green hair spray and I wore ponytails like dogs ears and tied a limb to my head. We went with a group of my friends who just wore nightgowns and were the Who's from Who Village. This was thrown together in about a day.

Audrey - I won second place in a costume contest once, losing out to a chick dressed as The Birds character (I was Carrie - complete with an old school ugly prom dress and covered in fake blood. That one was fun too)

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was gonna go as obsolete farm equipment. Does anyone know where I can get some blackface?

18. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I'm assuming Ballsack knows a guy.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Didn't you also punch somebody out wearing that Tony the Tiger costume that very night or something along those lines? Is that why you're so fond of it?

For myself, I was thinking either:

[​IMG]
    or:
    [​IMG]

20. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You know you're from Canada when this is the first thing that came to your mind when you read those names together.

FOCUS

I'm kicking myself pretty badly for throwing away my Amy Winehouse costume from a few years ago.
    After seeing the music video for Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO, I immediately wanted one of the gold on white "EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN" shirts. And Halloween gave me a perfect excuse to get one. I've already got some tight snake skin pants from Steel Panther a few years back, so I just need to find an afro wig and pop the lenses out of some sunglasses. If I had more time, I would have gone for the solid gold robot, but school and work will get in the way of that.

Attached Files: