Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2011-2012 NCAA Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Diablo, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This season is starting out unbearable for my Spartans. What an awful first two games to crush such a young teams' spirit. It's going to be a rough next five months...

And congrats to Coach K.

2. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dont care how good he is, somebody NEEDS to fix Anthony Davis' eyebrows. I thought thats what the bag of money they gave his dad was for...

3. dan ruckus

dan ruckus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think Jim Boeheim and Syracuse have set themselves up very nicely for not just this season but up until he retires within the next 5 years. They have recruited perfectly for how the game has evolved so that they have no 1 and dones on the roster and legitimately go 9 or 10 deep this year.

The starting 5 is pretty much set already, but playing time for 6-10 off the bench are completely up for grabs. Fab Melo has already made plays this season that he could not possibly have made last season, Carter-Williams can apparently shoot a nice 3 ball and is not gun shy, and CJ Fair has already made more 3s than he did all of last year.

The one black spot is that the team doesn't have anyone I feel can just take over if they absolutely need a bucket in the last minute. Jardine and Joseph are both very capable players in their own right but I just don't trust either of them to absolutely get points when the game is on the line.

4. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except that Calhoun owns his ass. Duke fans still cry over the two championships they say he took from them.

5. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My favorite sports fan-site/blog is http://www.midmajority.com which tracks the progress of teams from the 24 "smaller" conferences. Lots of good writing and game recaps.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And because by many accounts he's an absolutely raging dickhead when the cameras aren't on him. Not to mention he has managed to compile a blackmail list on nearly every ref in the country that he pulls out when Duke needs a call or two (I guess he should be commended for that.)

I don't hate Duke because its cool or fun. I hate them cause they annually feature whiny arrogant douchebags (Welcome to Durham Austin Rivers!) and have an obnoxious legion of bandwagon fans that would make the Cowboys blush. I don't take anything away from Coach K, his records speak for himself. But I still don't like his ratface and free recruiting through AMEX commercials and won't root for him and his floorslapping band of idiots.

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what happens when you fuck people over, Pitt. Suck it.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, I want to root against UNC and Kentucky, but when they are on this year, they both are amazing to watch.

9. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hollis Thompson showed why his nickname is Hollywood on that last bucket. Georgetown 57, #12 Alabama 55. That's 6-1 so far this year. #rankus

10. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am anxious to see how Florida does against Syracuse tonight.

I am sure they will do Fine and not get raped.

(too soon?)

11. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now THAT was too soon....

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, what an absolutely incredible Saturday of basketball.

However, for committing battery on national television, Yancy Gates from Cincinnati only gets a 6 game suspension? After Cronin's impressive press conference regarding that brawl, that suspension is pretty weak...

13. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The way I read it, every Cincinnati player will not play in at least the number of games they are suspended. Cronin is requiring each of them to record a videotaped apology, and if he doesn't believe their sincerity, he will consider booting them from the team.

It's funny, for years, Cincinnati has been considered the thug players in the city while Xavier saw themselves as up to a higher standard. Cincinnati threw more punches, but I think, when you consider the postgame comments and that Chris Mack didn't lay down the law like Mick Cronin did, Xavier looks worse.

IU - UK was just great college basketball, and fully embodied what the game is all about.

14. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jebus H. Even I can admit, that's no way to win a basketball game...by an electronic error? That's rough, but I guess we'll take every win we can get.

15. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Ugh, I can't believe I'm rooting for FSU. But it's always fun to see the Cameron retards cry.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yesterday was a pretty fantastic day of college basketball, even if it meant joy for those douchebags down in South Bend

17. ouroboros

ouroboros
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Out-of-place RAVE: Carolina whips Duke at Cameron on their senior night. Totally and completely makes up for last month's debacle.

18. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Some people, like myself, enjoy Championship Week more than the dance itself. Last night's Western Carolina-Davidson game was the second best game I've seen all year behind IU-Kentucky.

19. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Took 2 overtimes after being up by 12 with almost no time left, but they got it done thank god. Davidson!

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So none of the top four teams won their conference. College basketball is weird.