Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 Winter Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Arms Akimbo, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Horse shit. Watch his performance this year from the X-games or the Olympic performance. You can tell when he is up because he gets 5-8 feet more air than anyone else.

It sounds like you are butt hurt because your friend that did a 360 once has no sponsors. And he doesn't want any, because he rides for the sake of riding. Not winning medals. He will be perfectly happy running a ski lift until he dies of frost bite, or whatever in the fuck is noble in the world of mountain life.

As a side note, I would love to have your friends life that I just made up.

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To keep on the Shaun White debate... There are two different types of riders, competition riders and video riders (at least the way I look at it). The comp riders are the Shaun Whites. The guys who practice an absolute fuckton to perfect their art on the pipe and slopestyle. Then there are guys who you see in the videos. For example, my favorite rider growing up was JP Walker, who was an absolutely ridiculous backcountry boarder and unreal jibber, but was horrible in competitions because that's not where he spent his time. There are tons of guys who are as good as White, none focus on the half pipe like he does, but I guarantee he can't do a lot of the same shit that they do riding fresh powder down some random mountain. Just my $0.02 (I used to be really big into riding back until about 4 years ago).

Does anyone else love to watch the falls in short track? I know I do!

Everyone keeps talking about Lindsey Vonn being attractive, I dunno, I think that Julia Mancuso isn't too bad herself.

[​IMG]

EDIT: This was my favorite snowboard vid from a while back. I think it may have been released in 2000 or 2001. Pretty good soundtrack too. I wonder where Kanye West got the idea for the video for "Thru The Wire"
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7157807360185471213#

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

HOCKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You are implying that I have friends who are snowboarders. You are incorrect. I say good day sir.

SKIING FO EVA!!!!! WOOOO!!!!

And I second the Julia Mancuso nod. I love 'em both, but I have had a school boy crush on Julia for years.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Q. What is the most difficult thing about skiing?

A. Telling your father you failed an AIDS test.

6. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you can perform the sport 6 months pregnant, i.e. curling, it's not a fucking sport.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Shaun White was awesome. He gets higher than the rest. His tricks are bigger. He just in better than most in his sport of choice. The whole reason he got the sponsors he did was because he was good in the first place. Hate all you want but the guy has talent in what he does, big time talent. It was thrilling to watch and when he threw down that last one my mouth dropped. Simply incredible.

The ladies skiing was brutal. I cannot imagine hauling ass down that thing and wrecking like they were last night. I'd think it's like hitting a brick wall yet they all got up and walked away, in obvious pain though.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The games themselves have been great, but it's not exactly what you call a wintery area. Southern BC'ers hate snow. It kills all the mushrooms. That's right, folks. The world's best fungus is grown in the forests of Western Canada. NOW do you see why that city looks like such a good time on the TV?

9. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't remember if they even showed this on tv (at least not on NBC.. the fucks) but this video of the girl that crashed after FIVE seconds is pretty damn funny. To add insult to injury (or injury to insult, rather), she fucked up her knee and had to be helped off the course.

That said, I'm AMAZED that some of these other skiers walked away from their crashes. Those looked a hell of alot worse and, at least on the ones we saw, they seemed alright.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Displaying awesomeness of French skiing

Edit: Yeah shegirl I noticed. I'm trying to no avail. The url tag isn't working.

Link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/02/i-hope-she-didn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wwtdd.com/2010/02/i-hope-she-didn</a>’t-mush-her-baguette/

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

JESUS that was a close one. I fucking hate shoot-outs. We of the red leaf need to get our collective shit together, because a challenge lays ahead.

Way to stay strong between the iron, Brody.

12. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Q: What's the difference between a snowboard beginner and a snowboard instructor?

A: About five days

13. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Canada fans were so anxious that the Swiss might pull that out, that they failed to notice what an amazing game that was. Holy shit.

And it didn't look like Canada doesn't have their shit together, it looks like Jonas Hiller played the game of his life. The chemistry isn't all there with team Canada, but my god the Heatley-Thornton-Marleau line looked absolutely amazing.

Swiss should have had Streit going in the shootout, I mean at least the guy has some familiarity with Brodeur. Hnat Dominicelli? Seriously?

14. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Shaun White absolutely crushed everyone. I don't know anything about the guy, but watching him pull that last run after he already had the gold? It wasn't even close.
    I tried to find a picture comparing the 5-6 foot difference between Shaun's big airs and everyone else's. sorry

Did anyone else think that women's snowboarding is boring after last night?

15. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

US Hockey looked much better today. But fuck me, give up the only goal when we're on the Power Play? I was so pissed The Wife thought we lost. The final should have been 10-0 at least with all the chances we had. D looked better.

Whoa Canada, a shoot out vs. the Swiss? Looks like US-Canada could be UPSET CITY, BABY!!!!

Note to CNBC. Stop showing me US Curling durring dinner time. I keep throwing it at my TV, 'cuz THEY FUCKING CHOKE!!

/rant

16. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

US hockey did NOT look good yesterday. They got caught soooo many times with those terrible changes and gave up 4 odd man rushes in the second period alone (one of which was on a fucking powerplay due to Langenbrunner having no idea how to play the point on a powerplay, how you fall behind the goal line when you are playing defense is beyond me).

The final of that game should NOT have been 10-0, it should have been 4-2, Miller stood on his fucking head, and you managed to get lucky that Norway didn't capitalize on their scoring chances.

Canada ran into a hot goaltender. Hiller played out of his skin. There is no way he will be able to keep that pace up. Also, the Swiss team plays a 3-2 neutral zone trap where they clog the fuck out of the small ice surface. They are used to playing on international ice, and again, they got a lucky bounce to tie the game up. Canada did have several defensive gaffs (Talking to you Drew Doughty), but against a team like Team USA, who plays an attacking style, Canada has more fire power. They are going to exploit Team USA's abhorrently slow d-core, and also exploit the fact they don't know the right time to change (You can thank Ron Wilson for that).

Push comes to shove, this is Canada's tournament to lose. Russia does not look impressive, they are a bunch of superstars playing for themselves and not each other. Once Canada starts to click (they have two days off to practice line combos, so you know it's going to happen), the tournament is game over.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This Swiss played an outstanding defensive game, and they have truly surprised me despite the fact they have lost twice. Canada's offence looks great and Thornton's line is going to be the wrath of God next game. Of course, nothing can be predicted but Canada has few bugs to work out. I am shaking in anticipation for the next game.

18. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but holy shit some of these (female) curlers are hot. I'm looking at you, literally, Team USA.

19. Aribidi

Aribidi
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jesus tapdancing Christ. During the 1500m iceskating Shani Davis lost to a Dutchman. And not just any Dutchman, but probably the guy from who the whole of Holland expected the least at this distance. Nobody expected anyone to beat Davis, but if anyone could go near, it wouldn't be Mark Tuitert.

Way to go Mark! Thanks for making my sleep deprivation worthwhile.

20. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know shit about hockey.

I don't really like hockey.

That game between Canada and the US was fucking fun to watch! That was just awesome!