Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 Predictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dchavok, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not after the Saints embarassed them like that. Holy shit that was painful to watch. And hear, because the prick announcer wouldn't shut the hell up about Belichick's love for Brady... fuck whoever that guy was.

2. Drunk_In_Philly

Drunk_In_Philly
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Glad to see this new board is up. For a while there, I was afraid that I was going to have to interact with my friends and family.

Focus:

Sports
    -Red Wings will win the Stanley Cup
    -Los Angeles will not have a football team
    -Giants will trade Osi Umenyiora for a 1st and a 3rd round pick

Other
    -Stock market will fall from January to March after holiday spending disapoints
    -Market will recover from March to December when the government offers another incentive program (cash for old appliances, etc.)
    -Market will close at 10,500 on 12/31/2010
    -Gov't will not block Comcast's purchase of NBCU
    -Osama Bin Laden is caught / killed / dies

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sports
    -Saints over Chargers in the Superbowl, to complete the 'perfect season.'
    -The Cubs continue their 100+ year run at mediocrity, after failing to trade Milton Bradley, and being forced to use him in the outfield again
    -Related note: Mark Prior's arm officially falls off while he is waving to his last two remaining fans
    -Ozzie Guillen says something crazy. Everyone outside Chicago goes nuts; everyone inside Chicago shrugs
    -ESPN will change their name to "NESPN" and officially start to ONLY cover the Northeast of the United States, specifically New York and Boston
    -The Yankees disappoint, but not by as much as others suspect. They finish 2nd in their division, squeak into the playoffs as the wild card, and are eliminated in the first round
    -The Angels finally win a world series
    -The Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup
    -The Lakers win the NBA title again. LeBron signs with New York. Dwayne Wade signs with Chicago.
    -Tiger continues to golf out of his mind; continues to bang five chicks a week, because he can.
    -Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal continues to be the most underrated rivalry in sports
    -TNA wrestling is out of business within 2 years after a geriatric Hulk Hogan breaks his hip doing a leg drop and sues the company into oblivion

Politics/Economy/News
    -Obama finally passes a completely neutered and ineffective healthcare reform bill. It does no good to anyone. Fox News blames Obama for every single death in the nation once it is passed.
    -The Economy does start to turn around, albeit slowly. The next decade will be one of fairly good economic prosperity, though not to the height of the '90s. The right credits Bush's policies. The left credits Obama.
    -Sarah Palin says something stupid, but continues to be embraced.
    -Someone famous but completely unexpected will die, as happens every year. This year, I'll go ahead and guess Robert Pattinson does of a drug OD or is diagnosed with AIDS or some other STD after banging every single Twilight-loving broad on the planet
    -The Middle East continues to go to shit; the world does not end
    -Gays finally get the right to marry in more states; the world does not end
    -Within 15 years, pot will be legalized (and subsequently taxed to the point where it finally helps to reduce the national debt); the world does not end
    -The Republicans regain some seats in congress in the midterm election; the world does not end
    -The middle, people who don't lean either far right or left, finally get sick of the increasingly retarded rhetoric coming from both sides and vote in a 3rd party President within the next 20 years. The Staff at MSNBC and Fox News collectively shit themselves as they realize their gravy train is over (please God?)

4. Lakeshow

Lakeshow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Sports:
    -Lakers win NBA title in 6 against Boston if healthy, otherwise in 5 against Atlanta
    -D. Wade stays in Miami, Bosh signs with Miami, Lebron stays in Cleveland
    -Colts beat the Saints in the Super Bowl, completing a perfect season, Saints will not be undefeated heading into the game.
    -Kentucky wins a national championship in basketball, UNC gets knocked out in the second round, along with Duke.
    -Yankees trade for Roy Halladay and repeat.
    -Alabama kills Texas, TCU beats Boise, Cincinnati loses to Florida, Oregon beats OSU, Georgia Tech beats Iowa

5. rezy

rezy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

USA gets out of the group stages in the WC
    Yankees win the World Series again
    Tim Tebow doesnt get drafted in the 1st round

6. subterfuge

subterfuge
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

US citizens will continue to be apathetic about the World Cup
    Phillies win the world series
    I will continue to waste time viewing this message board at work

7. _4_

_4_
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Sports:
    NFL - Saints
    MLB - Phillies
    NHL - Flyers
    NBA - Cavs
    College FB - 'Bama

Manchester United will win EPL
    Real Madrid will win Champions league over Man U
    USA will advance out of group play in WC
    Brazil will win another WC
    Tiger wins 2 majors

World:
    We will see undeniable progress made in Afghanistan
    Economy will slowly turn around
    Healthcare reform bill will be passed and will not help anyone
    Terrorist attack in Madrid

Personal:
    Will be credit card debt free
    Finally finish degree
    Own a house
    My girlfriend and I will remain together

8. McDermott

McDermott
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

2009 Reflections:

- A year with a lot of personal growth. At the beginning I was still dating women and wondering why nothing ever worked out, causing me to feel awful.
    - I predicted I would lose my virginity. Instead I don't give a fuck about it anymore, and understand a lot about myself and how I got to this point.
    - I wouldn't say I've gotten more confident, because I already was confident. I've become a lot more apathetic to things that don't matter, and started caring more about things that do.

2010 Predictions:

For the UFC (It seems nobody gives a shit about UFC but bros):
    - Lyoto Machida will remain the light heavyweight champion. Shogun and Machida will rematch and Machida will win.
    - Anderson Silva will retire as the middleweight champion. He will not lose any of his fights up until this time.

Popular Culture:
    - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will air reruns beginning in 2010 (already established) but this will cause it to become wildly popular (think Seinfeld popular.)
    - Miley Cyrus will enter a "slut spiral" just like Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears did. Her next album will have highly sexualized tracks with even skankier videos (already predicted in this thread)

9. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2010 Predictions

Personal
    1. I will have 2 properties foreclosed on
    2. I will be promptly sued for the deficiency
    3. I wll have my wages garnished
    4. I will file chapter 7

Can't fucking wait.

10. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Prediction: Lindsay Lohan commits suicide.

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Predictions for 2010:
    The Middle East continues to go to shit, much like the previous 2008 years. But, fuckin 1143 ad? That was a motherfuckin party, son.
    At least ONE celebrity I despise commits suicide. Anyone. Just a single one. Come on, Satan, let ONE of these fuckers go. Come on, even one of the little ones that aren´t really famous anymore. Someone tell Mischa Barton that she´ll be skinnier without the top of her head. One of Hulk Hogan´s kids has to be too stupid to live. Please.
    Facebook becomes less of a social necessity and more of an infestation of internet crabs...I see one of my friends on Lamebook and never visit this site again.
    Someone will win the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championship and thus make millions of dollars. It will have no impact on my or anyone I know´s life. I will still watch, and care for no good reason. I will not see a single World Cup game, despite having more than a passing interest in soccer.
    Wall Street suffers a series of sniper attacks, or some of those rich, thieving cunts die by the sword...not as much a prediction as it is a FERVENT PRAYER. YOU LISTENING GOD??? KILL THESE EVIL FUCKERS!!!! DONT MAKE ME COME UP THERE!
    There will be fewer good movies/albums/books than in 2009, also known as I am getting old.

Personal:
    I continue to jerk off to latin music videos and ignore their American counterparts.
    I continue to jerk off like I´m going to win a latin music video award.
    I continue to jerk off in spite of any and all sexual satisfaction, because it´s sex with someone I love and that kind of sex is special. I learned that from Oprah.
    I will meet an attractive, rich 19 year old with good grades, and wonder if I can fuck her intelligent...and realize I don´t have time for such a long-term project.
    My parents will continue to fail to understand what it is I do with my time and why.
    My dick will not get any bigger, despite all the attention it gets.
    I survive Peace Corps, my host country survives me. I am forced to look for a real job, will say fuck it and go back to school.
    I will gain good, solid muscle weight...and a layer of courtesy pizza fat, so I don´t get cocky.

Looking forward to it.

12. generationxwing

generationxwing
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

For 2009, I predicted that I would get laid off from my job, and get into school for the program I want, and those both came true. In fact, the severance package is paying my tuition.

I correctly predicted that the Pittsburgh Penguins would win the Stanley Cup. I did say they'd beat the Calgary Flames to do it, but close enough. I also said that IHTSBIH wouldn't be the hit Tucker thought it would be (correct), but I said it would make enough money to warrant sequels. Well, we've all seen how that played out.

For 2010:
    Personal:
    - I manage to not fuck up school completely and continue on track to graduate in 2011.
    - Wife and I have a pregnancy scare, but it turns out to be OK. I won't need to move to Mexico.
    - Because that scare might result in less sex, I'll grow a mustache since God knows she won't have sex with me if I do anyway.

Everything else:
    - Calgary Flames win the Cup.
    - The economy stabilizes, but job creation will continue to stall into 2011.
    - IHTSBIH fails on DVD, Tucker falls further from relevancy.

13. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

1. Texas over Alabama. Everyone wants Bama. Great team + a month of disrespect > slightly better team. Never fails.
    2. New Orleans over Indy, in a classic shootout. Brees and Manning at their best.
    3. Further economic slumping. The dead cat bounce is past, and cost-cutting isn't something you can continually do every month.
    4. The Winter Olympics serve to remind the world of what a douchebag Bode Miller is.

Also, technically this is still 2009, but it still bears mentioning: At least one death occurs as a direct result of a father or boyfriend being forced to endure the awful Alvin & The Chipmunks movie.

14. Best_Name_Ever

Best_Name_Ever
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Taylor swift sex tape is leaked.

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Inflation will spiral out of control.

Israel and Iran will go to war.

Thread Status: