Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NHL Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Sherwood, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the amazing thing, everyone seems to think this is fucking absurd, not just Devils fans. Gary fucking Bettman is just abusing power because he can.

I think Larry Brooks, the Rangers beat reporter from the Post, said it best on Twitter:

"Chi wins Cup with Hossa deal league was ready to de-register. Devils lose 1st rounder on Ilya. Vindictive operation run by Bettman."

Really, wasn't costing us .66 mil a year over the next 15 years enough of a penalty? Fucking jackass. I just read an article by a Wings fan saying he hopes the Devils win the cup this year just to shove it in Bettman's face.

PS: Best Video on Youtube. I don't know what's funnier, the chanting, or the fact that James Brown was doing Hockey in 1995.

#61 Sherwood, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

TIB Fantasy Hockey (Yahoo!):

League ID#: 42288
    League Name: TIB Fantasy Hockey
    Password: Bettman
    Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time: Wed Sep 29 6:15pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Max Teams: 8
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

I will move the draft time if more than two or three people have an issue. I tried to keep it away from Football times but not so early or late as well. If we get more than 8 I'll bump it as well. I'll be on there all year because I play in a league for money so hopefully we got some other active guys as well.

3. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

While I do lean your way - if you look at it by the numbers it isn't that horrible. If you account for future cash flows and the salary cap rising slightly, it looks like this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.behindthenethockey.com/2010/9/14/1687658/devils-fined-not-much-for" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.behindthenethockey.com/2010/ ... t-much-for</a>

4. thefish

thefish
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You're really bitching because you get a cap hit of 6.66 million instead of 6 for a player that should have a cap hit of 8-9 mil?

And for the penalty, it's standard in how Bettman has dealth with attempts to violate the CBA.
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273427" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273427</a>
    Leafs fined $500,000 and a 4th round pick for a disputed signing of a minor entry level player over a year ago.

Did he come down extra hard in his punishment on the Devils? Yes. What the Devils did was much worse, so the punishment had to be worse. Especially since they were explicitly told not to do it, then went ahead and dared Bettman to challenge it.
    That said, I expected a 1st or 2nd, and around 2 mil+ in fines.

5. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I joined as Bettman Sucks. Since this is a free league I'm hoping we can get more than two people in here.

6. Dubiosity

Dubiosity
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Miller's Killers are there...to kill? 8 man league huh, these teams are gonna be stacked as shit. Works for me.

7. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

KyleWellwoodIsfat in.

8. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll sign up soon. I missed the draft last year and gave up on the team... and still managed 4th. This time Vanek at the Disco is going to run wild on you suckas.

9. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm trying to bump this thing to the top in order to get a little more participation. Only 5 teams signed up right now. Go sign up. Fuckers. It's free.

10. NMW

NMW
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Joined. Last place will rule you all

11. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I joined, but I've never played fantasy hockey before, so don't bitch at me if I suck.

12. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Donny Dangles all up in there.

13. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Glad we could get 8, guys. To anyone reading this that would like to join, I can make it a 10 at the risk of you not being able to find one more person (meaning I'll kick you out before the draft). If you can grab one more, by all means pm me.

I'm more focused consistently on my long-term dynasty league but seeing that I do fantasy hockey daily anyways I can tack this on as well. Don't feel bad if you don't end up checking it a lot, I did it for years just more into it nowadays.

Oh, and just a reminder:

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aaaand I can't make the draft because of a thing with my girlfriend's family. I have to beat you people without picking my own team?

Should be fun.

15. LukesBoxHero

LukesBoxHero
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Draft in 5 minutes if anyone is around. If not no biggie cause you're all done for anyways.

16. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Fuck. I realized yesterday after I was about nine beers deep that there was something I was supposed to be doing, but I couldn't remember what it was. Oh well, with only eight teams, even auto-draft can't screw up picking players. Back That Asham Up is comin!

17. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Accept my trade. Marc Savard is practically dead. Accept it. Now. Or another one, whatever. I will have my ZP.

18. Dubiosity

Dubiosity
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yeah, jobs that take you on the road til late at night are not good for making fantasy drafts. Fortunately Sid Crosby is a great panacea for missing the draft. This team looked way more awesome before I remembered it's an 8 team league and every team is awesome. Still!

19. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This No Dropping list sucks dick. I will trade Jason SPezza for a bag of pucks.

20. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Looks like you're gonna have to sweet-talk rei (Last Place) for him now.