Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten Drink Drunk

Ten Drink Drunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I was at the Seahawks opener against the 49ers. I don't really have high hopes for this season and I thought that was confirmed when the first offensive play of the season for the Hawks was an interception putting the Niners in field goal range. I just hung my head, thinking that play would ultimately be representative of the entire season for the Seahawks.

The defense was able to hold the Niners to a field goal. I have to give it to the Hawks D, they were the only reason Seattle was in this game at all. I remember looking at the stats at the end of the first quarter and they were incredibly lopsided, but that didn't translate to the scoreboard. One more 49er field goal, then it was all Hawks from there. If you had told me the Hawks would win 31-6 at any time before the game or up through the first quarter, I'd have told you that you're fucking insane.

The best part was the SanFran fans that had bought into all the pre-season hype and were talking all kinds of shit. They obviously forgot that Alex Smith is their quarterback. The Niners have a lot of talent, I'll give them that, but I don't think there is any way they get it done with Smith.

I went to that game thinking 6-10 would be optimistic for the Seahawks this year and now 8-8 seems within reach. And hey, who knows, 8-8 may be enough to win the NFC West this year.

2. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gonna throw this out there, this Inez Sainz chick is the best thing to happen to the NFL in a very, very long time:
    [​IMG]

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well it has been determined, Postseason or not, I doubt there will be another USC quarterback that goes first round for the next 10 years. Jesus christ, all of them fucking suck. Leinert, Sanchez, Henne is meh, and well Cassel can't do shit with out good old Bill's system.

This Sunday is going to be more good football. Patriots vs. Jets. Tom Brady actually said something about how he hates the Jets, and Revis basically called out Moss. I can't fucking wait.

What the fuck is up with Parcells stepping down? He can't possible step down because he thinks Henne is a disappointment. That means even less Bill Parcells in the media, and I don't see that as a good thing. I miss that guy.

4. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Henne went to Michigan. You're forgetting about Heisman Trophy winning Carson Palmer.

5. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See here starting at 6:40 if you're interested in what the PTI fellas think.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is 100% true. I'm upset Portis got into trouble for saying some real shit though. Come on man, she's from Mexico, all those teeny, tiny soccer players guys she deals with all day. I bet she was like a kid in a candy store walking into that locker room. I think he should have qualified his comments somehow to take the edge off a little bit, but come on he said some real shit. She shouldn't have been harassed, but I'm wondering if she actually complained about the comments or one of her staff members did it.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I nearly put my foot through my TV when I saw that pick.

Anyway, I refuse to believe in Seattle being better than 6-10 until I see how well San Francisco plays in the next few weeks. If they consistently beat some ass, then I'll be much more optimistic on a decent Seahawks season. Otherwise, it's Seattle beating the Rams last year.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been posting too much, but thanks for the people that caught my mistake Henne, I meant John David Booty. No idea how I got those two mixed up. He just got cut by the Texans. And I meant the current crop, not Carson Palmer for obvious reasons.

9. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I wouldn't really compare Booty with Sanchez, Leinart and Cassel. Booty was a fifth rounder and wasn't too impressive while he was in school anyway. The defense and run game was what won us games then.

10. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is anyone else pissed that this story is a big deal? What did she expect to happen when she walked into a room full of 53 naked dudes? Why is anyone (male or female) allowed in the locker room as it is?

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As long as USC keeps getting the top QB prospects and keeps running one of the only pro-style offenses among the FBS power conferences, their QB's will get drafted high. See also Notre Dame.

12. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't think it's a matter of skill. I get the sense that his mental makeup isn't what you want from a quarterback. He's definitely more talented physically than Anderson, but I don't think he's the kind of leader you need at the quarterback position.

13. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

not talking about the comments in this thread, but it's amazing reading and hearing the overreactions after one week of the regular season. the cowboys don't have depth, the chargers are overrated, the chiefs are for real, the jets are pretenders, mcnabb was the missing piece for the redskins.

the only thing said that i'm confident in is the raiders still suck. lol.

14. theillest

theillest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm an Eagles supporter, figure I'd chime in, and I have to admit, I believed the hype on Kolb before the season. Those two 300 yard passing games got me thinking, "pocket passer with weapons?!", but he did look really shaky against the Packers. I have to say I don't really know what I'd do if I were Reid. You are building around this kid, but I don't want an Alex Smith situation here. If I had to choose now, I'd go with Vick for the rest of this season regardless of how long Kolb is out.

That being said, Mike Vick, what, what!!! Dude looked pretty friggin good, and that Packers D ain't bad, Clay Matthews was wrecking shit. If Vick can be a threat every time he drops back to run, get LB's spying the draw, I can foresee a big Vick to Celek hook-up working out pretty well in the seams. Got the Lions this week. Knowing my luck, Suh will come through the line and fuck Vick up somehow.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Would you like fries with that?" asked the waitress serving the Cowboys defense. "No thank you ma'am, we still have the Bears O-line to eat for the next hour and a half," they reply with smiles. "Well since you boys have been such good customers, have some tasty Kevin Schaffer on the house," says the waittress. "Oh ma'am, you wouldn't have any Bears Defense for our hungry friend Marion Barber would you? He's on his way." "Oh, he's already in the back eating."

I can't do this anymore, what the fuck...

Edit: Perhaps I spoke too soon. Watching bears games on cold medicine is not recommended.

16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Vikings are fucking killing me so far this year.

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I keep hoping Favre's terrible play is more a result of no work in the preseason than just age, but that's a damn thin straw to be grasping at.

18. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, I wish the Lions could have completed that comeback after the onside kick. Hill went deep when he had Best underneath for a sure first down on third...Ended up turning it over on downs.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit, I am a Bears fan, and even I sorta want to see Detroit win. They've had such a shitty history, and they seemed to have all the tools to be decent this year.

Quite frankly, if they continue to lose and end up with a high draft pick, I'm scared of what they could turn in to. They already have Calvin Johnson, Stafford, Best, and Suh... add a (good) 1st round WR with Johnson or a 1st-round worthy O-Lineman? Fuck... they could end up real good.

PS: Is anyone else hoping that Orton has a great season with Denver, just to watch that whole area implode next season in deciding between Tebow and Orton...?

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just amazed that the Patriots took an easily winnable game and blew it by some of the most retarded offensive play calling I've seen in years. No, you can't throw a bomb to Randy Moss on every single offensive snap, stop fucking trying. Especially when Hernandez was simply uncoverable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.