Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For the love of god, stop being such an idiot. You're not going to convince anyone. You know who else Manning had to beat that same post season? Tom Brady.

If I was going to start an NFL team tomorrow, I'd probably take Brady. Talking like either of their careers has been tainted is hopelessly stupid though. They're both easily top ten all time... so let's move on.

So many good games this weekend. The chargers are forcing the chiefs into a spot where every game has to be treated like they're already in the playoffs. They're playing the other feel-good team of the year, the rams. Looking at this game made me think of one of my favorite sucker bets. Now, as it stands either of teams could still miss the playoffs, but who would have thought either team would even have a chance at the beginning of the season? If you ever want to mess with someone give them this bet: Tell them to pick 6 teams that won't make the playoffs at the beginning of the season, and if any of those teams get through you win the bet. Most years you'll win. The best part is people will be lining up to take the bet, and laughing about the easy money they think they're about to win.

Eagles/giants is going to be a great game as well. I think I'll favor the eagles here. I just feel that their offense can outmatch anything the giants will be able to put up. This is going to be a damn close game though and probably decide the division. Colts/jags? Maybe the jaguars need this win not just to make the playoffs, but to have any hope of keeping the team in Jacksonville. Then we got saints/ravens and jets/steelers. Should be a great Sunday, and a bad weather snow bowl to follow up on Monday night for good measure.

2. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oops, I meant to put " " around allegedly when I posted that.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahhh colts/jags and eagles/giants. For once the TV networks didn't fuck up the programming. Thank god the vikings aren't playing until tomorrow so I don't have to watch that shit fest. Although I might be going to game. And I might end up cheering harder for the vikings than I ever have.

Dear Reid: Learn how to challenge, dumbass.

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet Jesus, anyone else see that hit on Austin Collie? I thought his neck was going to snap in half.

After 5 games out with a concussion, he comes back, scores 2 quick TDs and is destroying the Jags, only to get (at the very least) another concussion.

Collie is probably done for the season after that hit, which sucks for the Colts, as he was clearly becoming to Peyton what Welker is to Brady.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a feeling he's going to be a fantasy steal next year. It's too bad he got hurt again. On a game to game basis he was having one hell of a year.

And go lions! Question: If the eagles lose today, Green Bay would hold the tie breaker regardless of conference/division record right? Or does head to head only count as a third tie breaker? That would be suck...

Edit: Ok, it goes to head to head first. Sweet. Green Bay might actually have an outside shot if Tampa Bay loses here.

6. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not only are the Eagles players getting totally dominated but Andy Reid is getting horribly out coached, so is Sean Payton. We blitz on the strong side they have a weak side screen, they have gotten numerous 3rd and longs and I don't think DeSean Jackson has a catch.

I have always felt all year that the team is playing above their skill level just because of Vick and the two wideouts, this might just be proving it. I didn't think that this would be a win, it's hard to beat a squad this good twice but I didn't think we would be humiliated.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not hard to out coach someone who is so stupid he doesn't even throw the challenge flag on that Jackson fumble. Sweet Jesus, what an idiot. Even if you're not sure (and it was obvious) you should throw the flag there every time.

8. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHAT THE FUCK.

Plus my fantasy teams are shitting the bed in the playoffs. This could be the worst sunday ever...

9. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Michael Vick has some greyhound in him.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, what a comeback. Now if only Reid had the sense to make a couple of challenges that lead to giants touchdowns the eagles would be in shape to lock this down.

Edit: I can't stop laughing. That was pure awesome.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking hate the Eagles so much it is approaching Dallas levels.

12. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Vick is so fucking good. Honestly the comeback is all him, the Giant linebackers are tired and the End's can't contain him.

He is one of the best players in the NFL right now. There is a huge debate involving Brady vs. Vick for MVP presently, Brady is a stud on a great team, Vick IS the Eagles.

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

What. A. Fucking. Finish.

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I was Coughlin I would have punched punter Dodge in the face.

15. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok DeSean Jackson is good too.

Honestly having McNabb all these years just conditioned you to not expect dynamic comebacks. That was unfucking believable. When you have a player as talented as Vick I guess you are never out of a game.

16. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad to see Colt McCoy back on the field....I want to break things every time Delhomme starts. Unfortunately, the Browns defense did not show up today. Shit.

17. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Seriously. I laughed.

Glad Eagles won, but I was waiting for a notorious DeSean Jackson premature touchdown stunt. Had he dropped the ball or something ridiculous before crossing the goal line, like he's done before on multiple occasions that got called... I would've laughed even harder. Especially if they went to OT and lost.

Let's leave that shit in college, kid.

On another note - I'm praying for GB tonight. HAH!

18. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

While the punter does share the blame, Michael Strahan put it best: You were up 31-10 with 7 minutes to go. Play defense and get first downs. Don't blame the kicker.

19. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's come a long way since that dumbass move against Dallas. Heads-up of him to run out the clock before going in for the score. Risky, but it ensures NY couldn't make a comeback on the kickoff.

In other news, anyone heard of this Tebow fellow? 40-yard TD run and a TD pass to Lloyd in the first quarter. Almost makes me wish I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game.

Almost. I just want 2010 to be over.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My calculations might be wrong, but I think with the giants and bucs losing today the packers can get killed tonight and still control their own destiny. Rodgers will come back for the giants game and if that is won they control the head to head and thus eliminate them. With the bucs we will have a by far better point differential, equal conference record, and with virtually no common opponents will win the tie breaker. So... if the bears win tomorrow (which they should) they will have little incentive to play starters in the last game of the year (barring a battle for the 2 seed with Philadelphia) thus giving the packers an easy win. I couldn't imagine the playoff picture looking this good last week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.