Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I'd take Dallas.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Jet's coach should have been fired. FIRED.

No suspension without pay, no slap on the wrist. The fucker could have ended a player's career, there was no misunderstanding or over-aggressive play. Then to add insult to injury he changed clothes, just for that he deserves termination.

Next season, let's have a lineman blitz QB, then beeline for that conditioning coach and spear him, knocking him into a coma.

3. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The NFC playoff race is what's making this season so entertaining.

So of the teams that may not win their divisions, who will make the playoffs in the NFC?

I can't figure it out, so I'd love to read everyone else's thoughts. Personally, I want the Pack to make it, but it's a tough road for them.

4. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I don't think the Packers are going to make it. I think it will be either the Giants and Saints, or the Saints and Bucs. I'm not sure who would win a tiebreaker if the Bucs and Giants both get to 10 wins.

I think the Packers will go 9-7 and be left out.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

GB has been in somewhat of a funk almost the entire season thus far. That combined with who they have left on their schedule (in NE, the Giants and then those God damn Bears both at home) they aren't going to make it. If they do it'll be a miracle, possible but not probable. If the Bucs do make it it really will have been bizarro world season.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it goes to division record. Giants probably win that by virtue of not having Atlanta and New Orleans in their division.

7. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A couple of people told me to go with SD this week... HOWEVER.

Next week I can take Philly home against Minnesota, a no brainer. Then in week 17 Dallas is in Philly, while San Diego is in Denver and could be fighting for their playoff lives. So If I take Dallas this week, I can take SD in week 17, if I take SD this week, I'm left with Jax in Hou as my best option. So...

Dallas it is.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The vikings currently have Joe Webb and Patrick Ramsey duking it out for the starting spot. Now that's just sad. Looks like Chicago is prepped to wrap up the division early this year.

I think the browns made the right move starting McCoy for the rest of the season. He's performed well thus far, and you might as well get him the experience considering they've been out of the playoff picture for weeks now.

Can't wait the for the colts/jags game this week. I kind of like the jags since I have family in Jacksonville, and they've always played well for having the worst fan base in the nfl. Perhaps what's important about this game is that if the colts lose they're out of playoffs. That's just not supposed to happen. I guess the Most Valuable Peyton award will have to go to someone else this year.

Does anybody think the jets can rebound? Wow, they looked like absolute shit these last two weeks. At least offensively. I found it a little ridiculous that Rex Ryan was critisizing his defense in the loss to Miami.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a shame. To think that Seattle or St Louis will be in the playoffs and Green Bay won't is sad. I doubt the NFL is pleased either, I think Aaron Rodgers alone get's more ratings then the entire Seattle franchise. St Louis is a nice story but nobody is that impressed, making the playoffs at 8-8 isn't getting you much prestige. I would like to see Steven Jackson get some more praise however that guy is a beast, incredibly talented just on an awful team.

As much as I would like to deny it the Bucs are definitely above average. However if they face the Eagles, Giants or NE I think they would not only lose but they would get smoked.

Many people are talking up the Eagles and Giants they better not forget about Mr. Brees and the defending champs. That would be an awesome superbowl, Brady vs. Brees. (of course we all want to see Vick in the big one, don't deny it!)

**** also note to Green Bay management for God's sake get a couple RB's on your squad!! Don't just depend on Ryan Grant returning. p.s. John Kuhn stinks, he may resemble Peyton H. in the sense that he's white but he doesn't run like him. Also Brandon Jackson is only good for screen passes, get a true RB. ************

10. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The saints have been under the radar all season. I'm not really sure why. They're the defending champs, have one of the best all around defenses in the league, and we all know what that offense can do. As for the bucs, it seems like they'll only get in (that's still an if btw) because they had the easiest schedule in the league. Sure, they're above average, but I think they're a one and done team for the playoffs. I'd give them an almost zero percent chance of making the super bowl. It's still been a great year of upward mobility though.

Occasionally GB mgmt makes choices I just don't understand. Aside from the running back issue, why have they never even hinted at getting a veteran to back up Aaron Rodgers? It's obvious how dependent our team is on having a strong QB. I'm not saying they have to shell out big money for someone at the 2 spot, but going after a reliable proven guy in his mid 30s wouldn't be a bad idea. Our defense is strong so we'd just need a guy who isn't going to lose us games like Flynn (and Brohm was even worse, so glad he got cut). Thankfully Rodgers hasn't missed a start yet, but we are all kinds of fucked if he misses serious game time in subsequent seasons.

I'm pretty happy with the mgmt overall though. Ted Thompson is one of the best GMs in the league. I might even go as far to say nobody drafts better than him.

Edit: Bwahahahaha. Oh man, I miss watching 'fuck it I'm going deep' sexy Rexy play. The redskins are such a mess.

12. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I LOVE IT. Here is a big fuck you to everyone who said Philly had no idea what they were doing when we traded number 5.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree with this. When they traded McNabb, I wondered for a second, but thought "They HAVE to know something we don't. That just doesn't make any sense. In the same division also? They have to be sabotaging another team."

Now, I want all of you to fucking watch Rex Grossman, especially any Peyton Manning Colts fans. This man is who your beloved best QB in the league beat to get to the Superbowl. Keep that in mind. Jesus Christ hearing his name makes me angry and tear up at the same time. I can't handle this! *Goes to rock in the corner crying into a Bears #8 Jersey*

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well... to be fair no one thought Vick was even going to start, let alone predicted he would be this good. Obviously, it's a smart trade if you're moving to a QB who is putting up MVP numbers. And Mcnabb has had virtually nothing to work with in Washington. Their offense sucks at pretty much every position. Grossman won't fare any better.

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Agreed but I don't think he'll necessarily do any worse either. But then again, I cannot stand McNabb. He's basically been a bitch since he entered the league. He and Peyton should be BFF's because they're both whiners.

TO and Occo may both be asses but at least they make no bones about their assholeyness. Moss may fit in there as well.

16. barney

barney
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This makes absolutely no sense, and is a retarded argument. You do realize that Manning didn't actually play against Rex directly, right? His game was against the Urlacher led Chicago defense, which was pretty good that year. They scored 22 points, once you remove Kelvin Hayden's TAINT.
    Grossman on the otherhand scored 10 points against the Colts Defense. I don't ever remember Manning out their defending any of those passes.

It's a doubly retarded argument coming from a Patriots fan, given that Brady won 2 of his superbowls against Donovan McNabb (who you just said sucked), and Jake Delhomme. So if you want to hold that Manning's superbowl is tainted because it was against Rex Grossman, then you need to equally admit two of Brady's 3 are tainted, because they were against McNabb and Delhomme.

Tom Brady is a great quarterback, and when his career is done, maybe the best ever. You can make the same argument for Peyton Manning. Getting all butthurt because the media doesn't blow smoke up your guys ass enough for your liking is stupid. Get some self esteem and get over it.

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bra-fucking-vo.

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ the Manning and Brady hate is fucking stupid. "Manning whines..." "Brady is a pretty boy who cries when he gets hit..." If they were the QB for your team you'd cream your panties at the mere mention of their names. Manning has shown an uncanny ability to make absolute no-names into stars (Pierre Garcon, Jacob Tamme, or Austion Collie, anyone?), and his insane game prep has been covered to death by ESPN and other sources. Brady has shown that he is completely unaffected by weather, situation, or who is playing around him, he just flat out fucking wins. Both are prone to shitty streaks (see: Peyton's last 3 or 4 games, Brady's games weeks 6-8, right after they traded Moss) like any other QB in the league. In the end, they're both going to be in the conversation for greatest QB of all time. I despise the Patriots, but damned if I don't respect the shit out of Brady and what he has accomplished. I am a bit of a Colts fan, but it is still annoying to see all the "Peyton is a whiner" stuff. His entire team is an injured heap this year (except Reggie Wayne, who is fighting constant double teams), and they still have a shot at the playoffs. The Colts are to the AFC what the Packers are to the NFC: favorites that suffered tons of injuries and see their playoff hopes being threatened by it. The only difference is Peyton slides when he runs, and Rodgers gets concussed.

I'd get into the whole "Peyton beat Grossman for his Superbowl win" thing, but the idiocy of that argument has been covered, except I want to stress this: The Bears got to that Superbowl DESPITE Grossman. That alone should tell you how dominant their defense and special teams were. It was that dominant defense that Peyton had to go against, in the Miami rain and wind (no easy task for a QB and a finesse offense like the Colts), and the Colts managed to win. Yes, as a Bears fan, that fucking sucked, but again: it doesn't matter who you are a fan of. Respect a guy that can flat out play.

Note: I used to respect Favre, but that went away with his whole "will-I-won't-I retirement shit, and his absolutely god awful season under center this year. I lost respect because he didn't know when to walk away. If Peyton pulls that same shit (maybe he'll want to challenge Favre's streak, as he is the only QB even within the same universe of being able to challenge it), I'll lose respect for him, too. Know when to hang it up.

18. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Randy Moss is awesome. He allegedly called into some Nashville radio station and ripped Jeff Fisher. <a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/17/the-latest-randy-moss-controversy-could-be-the-weirdest-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rdest-yet/</a>

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rodgers is out for the game against the patriots. I'm not sure I even want to watch the game now. I mean, you just got to love Flynn's chances of outscoring the best offense in the nfl.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

...Uh What? There are games you can watch and say "Wow, that defense is locking that guy down." Then there are games you can watch and say "Holy shit, the quarterback is shitting the bed." Rex Grossman was the latter.

Donovan McNabb sucks now, he didn't suck back then. 2004 Season - 8.26 YPA, 64% PC, 31 TD passes, 3 Rushing TDs, and 8 INTs. 104.7 passer rating. The Eagles were 13-3, the best record for a 16 game season for the Eagles at that point. In the Superbowl against the Patriots, McNabb had 30 completions, 3 touchdowns (and 3 Ints) and threw for 357 yards, (third highest in both categories for the Superbowl) losing by three points 24-21. Oh yeah and in the NFC game right before the Superbowl he threw 5 TDs in the first half...and a measly 464 yards. Yeah, he sucked badly when Brady faced him. Not to mention there is a myth he was deathly ill in this game, hence the slow jog to the line.

Jake Delhomme's performance in the superbowl 16-of-33 for 323 yards, 3 passing touchdowns, no interceptions, and a 113.6 passer rating. Replace Grossman with Jake's performance in Superbowl game, and Manning doesn't get a ring. NOT to mention this was Jake's first full season in the league taking over for Peete after being down 17-0 and coming back to win the game with 16 seconds left. Yep, terrible QB at the time Brady faced him.

And now onto Rex Fucking Grossman...20 of 28 PC, 1 Touchdown Pass (a 1 yard TD pass), two Interceptions, one of them being a Pick 6, and two fumbles off snaps. Not hits, not pressure in his face, snaps. Nothing to do with the defense at all. The one damn thing a QB needs to get right, the transaction between the center and the QB. The only thing he could fuck up more would be forgetting his helmet or his shoes. He also fumbled and threw an INT in the NFC game against Seattle. Are you kidding me? Really? Really?

Yep, Brady's wins are equally as tainted. You're right. I'm wrong. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Let's move on.

Allegedly? That is Randy Moss, 100%. He has a very distinct sounding voice and speech pattern. It's just like the voicemails and Farve earlier, it took two seconds to know it was him. There's no debate. If you watched ESPN in the month of October you know how Randy Moss talks, and "Woody" is 1. a terrible fucking name. 2. anyone named "Woody" from Tennessee wouldn't be able to speak that coherently.

Wonder where Fisher is going to go next. He's obviously done. The owner of the Titans is in too much love with Vince and Texan's don't fuck around with other Texans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.