Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hate to state the obvious but Shannahan is outcoaching the fuck out of Wade right now. It is blatantly obvious and Wade knows it. He is in complete control, just need to score more points.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was such an awesome ending. You might guess I'm not much of a cowboys fan.

That being said, neither of those offenses looked particularly potent. If the redskins want to continue winning it looks like they're going to have to do it with their defense. Oh right, hasn't that been the case for awhile? Maybe Mcnabb needs more time to adjust... or needs his receivers to not drop passes.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I sat at the bar from 11am until the end of the Packer game. It was glorious. Football is back bitches!

Oh yeah, and can I just say, god damn those Packers looked good! Woot!

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can follow up by saying god damn those Eagles look lousy! 8-8 if were lucky!

5. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I know nothing at all about football but why is everyone saying that the packers were great and the eagles awful? If Vick had played from the start instead of Kolb wouldnt Eagles have had a chance to win? Also how come no one values him at all? He actually gave his team a chance to win but yeah it was only my first time seeing him play and I dont even understant the game.

Sorry im just really new to football and ended up picking Eagles because they have a young team that hasnt won in ages, have loyal fans and they are on the east coast so i can actually see the games.

6. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From what I've seen eagles fans are major douches when it comes to their team. No offense to any eagles fan on the board, and I'm sure they've got their share of dedicated loyalists, but they have more whiners and haters than any team I've ever seen. From what I saw Kolb going down was a blessing. Vick was the offense in that game. I still haven't heard anything resembling a rational argument for why we're all supposed to believe Kolb is going to be so impressive this season.

In other news, how about that jets offense tonight? They're practically starting in field goal range this drive. They should at least come away with something... you'd think.

Oh, and they did kick field goal shortly after I finished that sentence. Nice 5 yard drive.

7. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Antonio Cromartie should run until he pukes blood tomorrow. What a fucking asshole.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, Mark Sanchez. Eww. I'm getting Matt Leinert flashbacks. Can't go down field against the one weakness of the Ravens. I feel bad for the Jets and I'm a Pats fan. Wow. That is just putrid offense. Now Ray is going to be more hyped up ever for the rest of the year.

9. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

That Jets game was a fucking travesty. I can't help but pin this one on the coaching. I know Mark Sanchez didn't make much happen, but we know how the Jets work. Shonn Green fumbled the ball....who gives a fuck???? LT is not capable of being the go to guy especially for a team as dependent on the run as the Jets. I don't care if he fumbled twice, he is your man. You have to keep handing it off to him. The middle of the game is no time to punish the guy. Ream into him during practice all you want. But during the game you have to trust the guys you said you were going to trust.

Mark Sanchez and the offensive coordinator didn't seem to be on the same page the whole game. All that dicking around presnap fooled no one but their own offensive line.

And for fucks sake Dustin Keller, you have no one in front of you, the least you could fucking do is stick your hand out and try to break the plain? It looked like he wanted to end the game right there.

At least the defense reasonably well.

10. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow, the last play by the Jets just about perfectly summed up their offense tonight. What a completely incompetent performance. I knew that was a game that figured to be low scoring, but that was abysmal. Here's hoping the Chargers-Chiefs game as a little more scoring.

As far as the Eagles-Packers game, the Packers had a stretch where they played great, but that was far from a complete game put together by the Packers. The O-line still has major question marks, as they gave up 3 sacks. I think the NFC North is the Packers to lose (and I hate saying that as a Bears fan), but if Vick had been a little more aggressive in his running, the Packers could have given that game to the Eagles.

For the Eagles, they're going to have big problems on offense this year. They were only able to establish a running game when Vick was in. Kolb clearly does not possess those kinds of scrambling skills, he's may pick up a few yards here or there, but he's hardly a threat to break a big run. McCoy is great as a pass catcher, particularly the screen passes, but those aren't as effective if you don't have a threat that makes people bite on play action.

And of course Eagles fans have the worst reputation as NFL fans, they booed Santa Claus for fucks sake. However, I've found that many of them are knowledgeable fans, and while they tend to overreact to every setback, they care enough about their team to actually show up no matter how bad the team has been/could get.

11. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brian Schottenheimer has a brain condition wherein it takes him four regular season games to remember that he's not calling plays for Chad Pennington anymore. Welcome to life as a New York Jets fan.

12. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Wow, the first week of football was sloppy all around. I think everyone forgets that the Jets were 9-7 last year, they're too one sided since they can't play offense. And they gave away their two productive running backs in the off-season. Maybe they should have just paid Jones or Washington to make them stay? Or maybe they should let Sanchez have more than 10 throwing attempts.

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they made the right move. Jones is getting too old to be a starting running back. That was the last year we'll see him put up numbers of that caliber. Maybe they could have gotten one more year out of him, but that's a big maybe for someone who recently turned 32. Leon Washington played well, but I don't think he's been viewed as an every down back. Plus, Shonn Greene was a better rusher than him last year.

I know that offense was so bad tonight a lot of us wanted to vomit, but they deserve a few more games before we start questioning the off season moves. Well, at least give them a chance anyway. For the record, I agree about Sanchez getting more attempts. Sooner or later you have to start trusting the guy you invested so heavily in. It's too easy to game plan against a one dimensional offense.

14. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I see. The SD-KC game makes things so clear. We're in Backwards Land.

15. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not sure anyone expects Kolb to be outstanding. The idea is more that he is a young player with potential to build on, rather than an inconsistent, albeit somewhat established, player. One half from each QB isn't enough to make a statement about eithers' ability to lead the team in a successful season. That said, I enjoyed watching Vick scramble a lot more than watching Kolb get roughed up. It's going to be a tough season to watch.

Let's let go of the Santa Claus thing, rest of sports fandom. Shit happened in 1968. And they didn't boo him, he was booed AND pelted with snowballs. And Santa probably screwed something up beforehand, so he deserved it.

16. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dexter McCluster is from my hometown (kind of). I've met him on two occasions. He's very humble and, I have to say, could not be nicer.

17. Rumble

Rumble
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Guess the chargers can't play in the rain.

WTF is Norv doing calling that sproles run on the 2nd down? What a waste.

18. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed, the Santa thing is let go. My new favorite, a drunk Phillies fan making himself vomit on a 12 year old girl and getting prison time is the new Philadelphia highlight.

19. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How can you not find it funny:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/philadelphia.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christma ... elphia.asp</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/04/16/throwing-up-a-new-low-for-philly-fans/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/04/16/thro ... illy-fans/</a>

So Philadelphia fans are your average soccer supporters?

20. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course, you forgot about cheering a motionless Michael Irvin getting carted off the field. Or the guy who climbed into the penalty box trying to fight Tie Domi. And the kid who got tazed after running on the field earlier this year, though that was hilarious at least.

But wow, what a fucking mess last night. It'd better not take many more games to figure out that complete incompetence on offense and taking stupid penalties in big moments won't equal wins. They were practically gifted touchdowns last night and could only put up 9 points? Awful.

Aside from the penalties though, the defense played pretty solidly. At least missing camp didn't look like it had too much effect on Revis. Next week's gonna take a big performance though.

And as much as I like him, Dustin Keller managed to sum the night up pretty well at the end there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.