Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ben Rothlesburger getting punched by Richard Seymour made my day. Dude went down faster than Monica went down on Bill.

2. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

With the way the eagles have dominated tonight I can't believe this is a one score game.

3. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Vick needs to step up into the pocket, instead of dancing around in it. They're going for the kill every play instead of running the ball. This fumble makes it interesting.

4. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Giants fan watching this game all I can say is...

Who the fuck is Derek Hagan?

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Giants fan, I am getting really fucking tired of watching the Giants suck it up in the second half of every season Tom Coughlin has coached.

6. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Both teams did their best to give that game away, the Giants just did a better job of that.

7. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kind of tough with a defensive end in the A gap on every play. As an eagles fan I kept thinking "how can our O line be that bad?"

Anyway, Thanks Eli.

8. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I just can't believe Eli blew the game on a fucking QB slide. The way he uncoordinatedly flopped to the ground was just pathetic to watch.

9. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder if they'll bench Favre now. Probably not, but it's about time. I don't want to discredit the packers defense yesterday, but oh man, did he play like shit.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

They should have done that 5 games ago. Dipshits.

The Vikes are a mess. At this point I don't see them making the playoffs, wildcard or not. I guess if they do a 180, Rice comes back, they gel with the new coaching changes and they are the spoilers it's possible but I'm not buying into it.

All I can say about that game is, it's really good to be a Packer fan.

Young acted like a 5 year old, how embarrassing for all of them. Ben got bitch slapped. It was a fine day of football. They really are just a bunch of overgrown kids. Gotta love it.

EDIT: The only way they'll "bench" Favre is if he agrees to it. That ain't gonna happen, even though at this point it should. Wow did he stink up the field yesterday.

12. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well they went the other way. Bye bye Childress.

13. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be shocked if they wind up benching Favre. With how much he seems to love the consecutive starts streak, I see him retiring before he spends a game sitting on the bench.

That said, Minnesota is fucking retarded if they stick with Favre in this situation. Barring a complete miracle, their season is done. They've had Tarvaris Jackson bouncing between the bench and a tentative starting job for years now and it's shit or get off the pot time. Favre's not back next year and they need to figure out whether Jackson's their starting QB going forward. Give him some games to build some sort of chemistry with the receivers and see if he's a viable option to start for them next year. If not, they have the whole offseason to find/draft a new quarterback and work on undoing the damage the Favre experiment caused this season.

14. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings look at Vince Young or Kevin Kolb for next year.

15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So now Hakeem Nicks is out for 3 weeks. So the Giants receivers next week will be Manningham and ?

16. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Bucs shutout of Frisco last afternoon was fantastic. Boring game but my team rolled and we snuck in a bottle of Jager and got ridiculously fucked up. Josh Freeman to Mike Williams. Nuff said. And LOL at a fucking 350 lb. offensive lineman scoring a touchdown. Reminds me of when Gruden would lineup Warren Sapp at TE in goal line situations and he caught a TD once.

17. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it too early to start talking about the draft? And is there anywhere I can preorder my Andrew Luck Panthers jersey?

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You really think that's going to happen? After only 138 pass attempts from Clausen?

19. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything I've heard about Luck says he's the best QB talent since Manning. Better than Ryan/Bradford/Flacco/Stafford. I read several Panthers beat writers every day, and the consensus they're hearing from leaguewide scouts and the Panthers front office is, "You can't pass on that." There's also the possibility of a Harbaugh/Luck reunion, as Fox is a lame duck. I've watched every single one of Clausen's pass attempts and couldn't be less impressed.

I'd be happy with AJ Green, as well, but the Panthers took three WRs in the 2010 draft and Gettis looks promising. Not to mention taking a receiver with the No. 1 overall pick isn't likely. DT is another need.

EDIT: to add a reference, this blurb tonight from Darin Gantt, who covers the Panthers somehow for like every paper in the Carolinas: "Talked to a scout tonight who said: 'I don't know what the questions are on Luck.'" As in there aren't any.

20. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a tryout on Wednesday. A 6' 205 uncoordinated white dude or Duke Calhoun. Tough choice, Tommy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.