Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And with the games last night done we are on your way to the real season.

Next Thursday, the rematch. I don't know whether or not to be leery or excited. I hope it's a good game either way.

Big Bens suspension was reduced to four games. Seems he's the Lindsay Lohan of the NFL. HA! I kill me.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's finally the day. Finally.

As per NFL.com Taylor Swift and the motherfucking Dave Matthews Band are performing prior to kick off. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Shouldn't it be something harder, something edgy...ANYTHING but either of them? I don't think Swift is bad or anything just not a good fit for the occasion. She's going to get on stage before a football game and sing about love with her perfect wavy blonde locks in a sparkly dress....HUH? Dave Matthews is going to be up there contorting his face, singing in high pitches and twitching his foot? WHAT? I'm shaking my head. Who books these things? Someones a Nancyboy.

Fucking stupid. Put Kid Rock out there with live lions and bears fighting over a deer carcass, or something. What a shitpussy of a pre-game show.

3. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Like the musical lineup for the Super Bowl halftime shows have been any better. It's all going down hill. Sure some of the people they bring are good but they aren't really the football type. For example: Prince. Need I say more?

Oh, and Saints by a TD.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I agree that whoever is in charge of booking the line ups for things like this should be shitcanned and sent home to get teabagged by their boyfriend.

I believe its a 5 point spread. Either way I just hope it's a good game. It had better be, I've been waiting months and months for a real game. And, keep our bet to yourself. I don't want shit like that getting out!

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Screw any pregame or halftime entertainment. I hate all that first game introductions and fireworks and all that bullshit. Just run out of the tunnel, coin flip and get the fucking game started. Give me a 20 minute halftime, then get the second half started. I would say cut the price of the ticket by $10 that you are not paying the entertainer, but I am sure the entertainers are doing if for free.

Get rid of that bullshit and give me what I want to see. The game. Saints by a touchdown.

6. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Vikings by 10 and it won't be close. Drew Brees gets a bad case of AIDS before the game. I will be belligerently drunk by the first snap.

7. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm fed-up with all this national love for the Saints. And not about them being a good team -- they deserve the Super Bowl hype and have a legitimate chance to repeat. No, what I'm tired of is the Hoosiers/Rudy/Remember the Titans-type lovefest. They're not underdogs. They're not loveable losers. Yet, almost every football fan I meet will cheer on the Saints as long as they're not playing their favorite team. Fuck that. I admit, it was cool when they won their first game in the reopened Super Dome. It was cool that the city rallied around them. It was even cool that they won the Super Bowl after years of sucking ass. But come on, STILL with this shit? This pregame show is ridiculous. Let's move the fuck on.

Then again, I'm a Panthers fan. I'm probably not the most unbiased person. GO VIKINGS MOTHERFUCKERS. PUT THOSE FAGSTICKS IN AN 0-1 HOLE.

8. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

FOOTBALL.

9. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sunday in Chicago baby!

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Say what you want about Favre, but those last two passes at the end of the half were beautiful. I hope he doesn't look like that against GB. Damn am I glad football is back.

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Saints O has been pretty much locked down since their first drive. Here's hoping that continues into the second half.

12. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

What's really amazing is that Pierre Thomas didn't get a touch until there were like 5 mins left in the second quarter. If you do nothing but pass the ball, any defense will adjust and shut it down. I mean I don't blame them for throwin it constantly; they were picking up big yards pass after pass, but eventually the DBacks got their shit together. They've got to get Thomas going in the 2nd half

Also, Peterson is looking like a beast. Anytime the line doesn't completely break down he's picking up 8-9yards+.

13. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Any guesses on when announcers stop talking about Katrina during Saints games? I'm guessing 2031. The 25th anniversary season is gonna be epic. I don't know if the beers I'm drinking are making me hate that shit even more or keeping me from turning violent. Whatever, I'm just glad the season has started and I have an excuse to drink beers.

And I hate the Vikings with a passion so I'd love to see them lose tonight.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, just wow. How do you give up a first down on a rush there? Still, I feel like the vikings defense did their job this game. The offense has to put up more than 9 points to beat the saints.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone recommend a good iPhone app to follow the NFL?

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what was worse this game, the coaching, the playing, or the pre-game show. Jesus fucking christ, Drew's son is one years old, he's not going to remember the fucking superbowl where he was wearing sound-proof headphones and will probably grow up liking professional tennis. I can't watch anything about the Saints anymore. The worst part is the goddamn New Orleans music, which is only good during Mardi Gras, when you're on Bourbon Street and you realize that bars give you To-Go cups. Until then turn that shit off.

17. Old Crow

Old Crow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Pretty below-average game, not too unexpected for the first game of the year. I was impressed by the way that the Saints, for the most part, were able to run it down the heart of the Vikings D in the second half. That 4+ minute drive to end the game was pretty impressive.

I think at one point in the first half, Sean Payton had a pass:run ration of 23:1 or something ridiculous like that. I'm sure he was trying to pick on the Vikings injuries/inexperience in the defensive backfield, but the Vikings held up pretty well.

Favre looked pretty rusty...almost like a quarterback that spent most of training camp and preseason throwing footballs to high schoolers in Mississippi. He "looked like he was a kid having fun out there," especially on that awful INT thrown to Vilma (PI could have been called easily).

Childress is an awful coach. AP wasn't breaking big runs, but was pounding out 4-7 yards, keeping the Saints off the field, and wearing down their defense the entire first half...then he gives Peterson 3 carries in the final 28 minutes of the game.

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Everytime I watch playcalling like that it makes me certain that Chilly's the kind of guy who would lose a ton of money repeatedly betting on black at a roulette wheel because "it's due."

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I agree with all of this. The opening drive I knew the Saints were going to win. They look like they haven't missed a beat since the superbowl. They blew right past the Vikings line and marched right into the end zone. Brees made it look so easy.

Favre most certainly didn't look very good. He came out stiff as a board with hand off after hand off. I kept yelling throw the ball! Shake the dust off! meh He had a handful of good passes but nothing to write home about.

The play calling was horrible in both halves. Had it not been for Peterson pecking away, taking a good beating while doing so I might add, that game would have been a blow out because the Saints D wouldn't have been worn down in the second half. And they would have basically run train on them the entire game.

I've got to say what everyone else is about the pregame bullshit. At what point are we all supposed to stop feeling nothing but love for the Saints, the poor poor Saints. It's crap, they are a good team, love them for that not all the downtrodden stuff that's been played out over and over again.

I'm just glad football is back.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm predicting a drastic drop-off for the Vikings this season. I think the Packers will with the NFC North, and run right over the Vikings in both their meetings this season. Brett won't be the same Brett as last year. He is completely out of sync with his only good, healthy receiver (Harvin). If it weren't for Shiancoe and AP being a freak of nature, they'd have been completely fucked. Once teams learn how to shut down AP and force Brett to sling it, the Vikes offense is going to falter, and their defense will get worn out.

The Saints will win their division again, but I don't think they'll be Superbowl bound. I think the Packers are going to be a great team this season.

I also see the Texans making a run at the AFC South, and into the playoffs.

Finally, I don't buy the Oakland hype. They've become a classy underdog pick to win their division. Won't happen.

Quick picks:
    AFC East: Jets
    AFC South: Texans
    AFC West: Chargers
    AFC North: Ravens
    Wild Cards: Colts and Patriots

NFC East: Cowboys
    NFC North: Packers
    NFC South: Saints
    NFC West: 49ers
    Wild Cards: Vikings and Giants

AFC Title game: Ravens over Chargers