Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2010 NCAA Football September Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Tom Ato, Aug 30, 2010.

1. goodfornothing

goodfornothing
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Jake Locker, MVP: 4/20, 71 yds, 1 td, 2 int

Full Disclosure: Nebraska fan.

2. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Locker doesn't look like a #1 overall pick to me. Then again, neither did JaMarcus Russell.

3. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else watching the Auburn Clemson game? It's been pretty awesome. Both teams are knocking the shit out of each other.

4. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HAHAHAAA!!! Atta way to end a game Mr. Dantonio!! Hell yes. Go Green, Go White!! Victory for MSU!!!

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is always nice to see Notre Dame lose early in the season. Good Job Michigan State. Now if Arizona can just finish off Iowa and Stanford take care of Wake Forest it will have been a pretty good Saturday.

6. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I guess that was too exciting of a way to end a game for Dantonio judging by theheart attack he suffered hours later.

UPDATE:

#46 Tom Ato, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, just heard about that a little while ago. Pretty crazy, hope he get's better soon.

8. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am sitting here and cracking the fuck up watching the following video over and over: Ohio's mascot, Rufus the Bobcat, takes the wood to Brutus the Buckeye before the game starts. The kid in the Rufus costume (afterwards banned from Ohio athletics forever) says he tried out for the positionjust to attack Brutus next season.

#48 Tom Ato, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Woooooooo Mallett came to play today!!!

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This really is a great game between Alabama and Arkansas. Kind of pissed at myself for fucking around on the computer while it's on. Come on razorbacks, you need to help get Boise St in the championship. I can't take another year of seeing it go to the SEC and hearing my sister's friends take credit no matter what Florida does.

Edit: Why the fuck do I post this shit? Why do I even cheer for an upset? Mallett is a cunt.

11. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Greg McElroy is fucking useless. Also, does Mallett have a game winning drive left in him?

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But McEloy is a winner! He hasn't lost by handing the ball off since 8th grade. And no, Mallett has the sideline for the rest of the game.

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crap, Fresno State lost badly again to an SEC team. I really thought this was the year. Ol Miss was not having a good year, Fresno State has a pretty good team and yet Ol Miss just took it to em.

Oh well, Nevada beat BYU pretty well, Colin Kaepernick had a pretty good game and I think that this might be the year they can beat Boise State. They are going to have to play their best game to do it, but at least they have the talent to compete.

14. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

McElroy is the perfect QB for that program/situation. He had a bad spell today, but he is alot like Roethlisberger was his first few years with the Steelers, he manages the game well and doesn't make a ton of stupid errors. McElroy was good again in the 4th, where it mattered. Though I did find it amusing the number of times Bama went to the Wildcat late in the game when it mattered, but thats also because Ingram is just a complete beast.

Mallett today was a prime example of a QB just trying to do too much. He still is a monster, but the whole Bama team is ridiculous.

15. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It annoys me that Mallett pissed that game away. There is no way to excuse throwing back to back INT's late in the fourth, even if you're facing Bama. The Arkansas D was playing an outstanding game. The O was clicking, and on the other side of the field McElroy was his usual unimpressive self (A "game manager" is the perfect fit for zero offenses). Seriously, when you watch as many plays from the sideline as you do from the field (while Ingram and Richardson are Wild-Catting) that should tell you something about your coaches faith in you.

Does anyone really think that if McElroy played anywhere else in the country than Bama he'd be undefeated as a starter? I think even Kevin Riley could pull that feat off at Bama.

What is the highest career amount of attempts in a game for McElroy? 24? Bama has a sick O-Line, sick running backs, and a great D. But I'd rather have Mallett on my team.

Also, Cam Newton should be in the front for the Heisman race. I'm a Michigan fan, and while Denard Robinson has been so impressive that it's impossible to even think of making a "Strength of Schedule" argument against him, Newton has gotten it done in the fourth quarter for 3 straight weeks.

16. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Andrew Luck is the leader in the #1 pick race. He's more intelligent than Mallett, who should be very good at the next level. I can't wait to see how Luck does against Oregon this Saturday night.

17. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo TERRELLE PRYOR, WOO I TELL YOU, 8 of 15 77 YARDS TODAY, BOY HOWDY GO BUCKS LOL!!! HEISMAN!

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That jump pass from Brantley was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a football game.

19. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stanford and Oregon are having a great game. Both teams are playing like top ten teams area supposed to.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Montana beat Sacramento state 64 to 61 in overtime. The fun fact is that the score was tied after four quarters at 61. Yep we really know how to play defense here in the Central Valley.